Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Barn Find! 1934 Chevrolet Master

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mayor of G-Vegas, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

A friend mine just acquired this 1934 Chevrolet Master sedan. Just thought I would share some pics and was curious to your opinions on what the car is worth. It's a pretty straight rust free all original SC car. Been stored for over 35 years. It's got the original six that runs great. Just was really neat lookin at this car. Like stepping back in time. - Mayor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. metalix_421

metalix_421

3. flamed34

flamed34

Nice find for your friend. If you look in my albums, I'm building a '34 Master 2 door Town Sedan.

What's his plans for it? Restoring, rodding? I'd potentially be interested in some cast off parts depending on his approach.

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

looks to be in good shape for a chevy,hows the wood?

5. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

The wood is in great shape from what I can tell .

6. rottenrods

rottenrods

Looks like its in excellent shape

7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

love them bowties

8. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Is the Master the one with DuBonnet or "Knee Action" front suspension?

9. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Not a 100% sure on the front suspension I assume it's a straight axle. I didn't think knee action came out till the later 30's- Mayor

10. Is the interior in as good a shape as it looks?

11. F&J

F&J

I just looked in the Standard Catalog of American Cars; it says 34 Master used the knee action (first year for that)

34 Standard was solid axle.

12. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Yeah, it is.......Unfortunately.

13. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

I could have (should have) done the same thing but thanks for saving me the trouble. Main reason for asking was remembering my grandfather's '34 (trunkback) that I enjoyed many Sunday drives in. I do remember him talking (complaining?) about the knee action and having to have it repaired. That was in the 40s.

14. grey46

grey46

Great lookin sedan ,love them old Chevys . Ive got a 34 coupe little differant than that one .

Attached Files:

15. Great find- always thought that the '34 had nice, flowing lines! If your friend is not going to use the brakes, I'd be interested in them.

16. Sweet find, my Grandfather complained about the "Knee Action" Master until the 60's. He was a Chevy/GM man all his life but he said you could ot keep them aligned.

17. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

Yeah the interior is in awesome shape for a 34' model. The dash and the gauges look really good too. This car has been very well preserved.

18. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

My friend is kinda older . I'm really doubting he will ever do much with it. I'm tryin to talk him in to selling it and let somebody breath some new life in this early chevy.

19. Madrider67

Madrider67

That is a great find - all of the "34" chevys are great looking. Would love to see a build thread.

20. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

It's official my predictions were correct the car is now for sale....

21. Looks good, years ago i bought two 34 Chev sedans on the same weekend. They were from two different sellers. When i had them side by side at home i found out that one was a Master Deluxe and the other a Standard. Two completely different cars.

22. madmike3434

madmike3434

YES THE 34 WAS THE FIRST YEAR FOR THE DUBONET SUSPENSION, it was used until 1938

The 1934 master...MODEL SERIES DA is larger than the STANDARD series 1933 cc..`1934 dc ....1935 ec the master has a 114 " wheelbase , the standard is 107" wheelbase.

A 1934 standard differs from a 1935 standard only with the radiator ornament and the frame design. The 34 features a K member but the 1935 features a much stronger X member.

In 1934 the master series DA also called eagle..........outsold the standard series 6---1.
    Parts for master series are easier to come by because of the difference in production, yet the standard series with dual leaf parallel springs is the more preferred car to street rod.

1933-1935 Roadsters and phaetons are extremely rare to be street rodded. A little know fact is that these 2 body styles were not produced by Chevrolet FISHER BODY , but by an outside supplier I call Chevrolet Body Works for lack of a true name.

mike lynch

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  23. Nice survivor,I'd get it road worthy and DRIVE.