Register now to get rid of these ads!

KS and MO guys - Goodguys or Greaserama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RDP, Aug 31, 2011.

1. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I'll be at Greaserama although I don't have a car to take. At least I'll be taking some pictures. I've got a memory card that holds 1500 photos to fill up. Should be a great time.

2. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

Going to Goodguys, there are real hot rods there too! Oh yeah, they both have the same amount of posers at them too. LOL!

3. Paul, the gold pants make you look 10 years younger! Congrats on the cover shot of fashion mag! I still think Jennifer Aniston is hotter though... PS: I really like the Ron Popeel spray on hair you used for the photo shoot, Ive always wondered how long it stays on, and if you sweat real bad in Kansas does it run black down your face like a womans mascara when she cries at a funeral?

4. [​IMG]

OK I ask you? How is a fellow suppose to ignore this?
    Wow, screw the T-shirts, where can I get a pair of those pants????????

Kinda reminds ya of a cheap hotel, no ballroom!

Greaserama by the way.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  5. BCR

BCR

I knew I would be in a little trouble when I posted this. :eek:

6. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

guess that makes two of us:eek:

7. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

Sheeze...I guess I didn't realize Mr. Flats was in Sha Na Na.

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I'm not---BCR has gone loco---:D

9. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I've seen enough red 57 chevys and 69 camaros. Greaserama for me.

10. tankwilson

tankwilson

Well said.... i couldn't agree more!!!!

11. DoubleJ52

DoubleJ52
    from Belton, MO

Going to both...

12. Racewriter

Racewriter

Excellent post, Dave.

13. so sad when the truth is a lie and lies are the truth

by the way those gold pants have no visible front pockets .. eliminating half the fun of wearing them ... maybe they are just painted on eek:eek:

they almost look inflatable thats why the pose.?.. to relieve /force burrito pressure out the cuffs

14. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Hi HAMBers..
    I drove up from New Mexico, across Kansas (109 degrees in Greensburg) with my Z26 and no a/c to attend the Greaserama.. So pleased to see that Marcy will be there too, from Texas. Was great to see her at Joplin a few weeks ago.. Will be at the Record Bar this evening and the Greaserama tomorrow.. Have a great weekend... I know I will.:)
    duane (NM Sandrail)

15. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

My wife and I are leaving out at 6 in the morning, another buddy is comming up with me also, we are just going to be walking around, we are mainly coming up for greaserama however we will hit up GG while we are there. Hope to meet some HAMB folks while we are there. I will be watching for the hats and shirts, so if some fat guy coms running up and says hey who are you.....dont worry its just me, and please dont grab my ass....Jim

16. Racewriter

Racewriter

Spent a few hours at GG today. A few observations:

1. It is a HOT mofo outside.

2. Overall build quality this year is very high (at least if you exclude a certain '68 Mercury with primered but no longer rusty quarters), and so is the variety. Everything from a '62 Galaxie wagon with an air cleaner modeled after a surfboard to a '37 Cord sedan resto-rod.

3. Finding BCR's Falcon is easy. It's the red falcon that constantly has people looking under the hood at the engine. Finding BCR hisself, however, was impossible - at least today. I did see empty lawn chairs behind his Falcon. :D

17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

did you look in the VIP lounge? thats where I found him..

18. lookin in from outside ... and unable to enter..

vip(violently insulting paul) lounge ?

19. Racewriter

Racewriter

Was that the place where they had the cocktail waitresses in skimpy outfits? Naw, I looked in there but they wouldn't let me in.:D

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

ha ha----I am in town and already made a big purchase.....a nice 53 Caddy 331 V8 engine with tranny and it's a beauty.....just killing time and waiting for my cornhusker friends to meet me for supper. Had a great lunch with blacktopbuddha and travisfromkansas earlier so it is a good da indeed in spite of the horrible heat

21. I'll give you $250 for the 332 (331). Stay outa' Belton! ;)

22. Greaserama - all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

23. wizzard23

wizzard23

Do the "boys" wear those tight gold pants in the VIP lounge???????

24. davidh73750

davidh73750

Lots of 10yr anniversaries here, greaserama, lonestar, goodguys in KC and next wk the bummer one 9-11 at least we got that rat bastard.

25. BCR

BCR

Paul was the only guy wearing them today :D I saw him from the "chainner lounge" but hid in the back , he might be slightly irritated with me for reasons that escape me now!

26. sololobo

sololobo

Pov, congrats on the magazine cover, it makes me so proud to know you. I always knew there was a fashion icon on the inside of you. I am looking forward to an autographed cover for my issue. I just signed up for three more years knowing they are leaning in the right direction. Always and admiring fan. Yours truly (wink wink) ~sololobo~

27. BCR

BCR

Sadly this mag has gone the way of garage magazine. It will only come out with new issues when my mood is right haha

28. Thanks for haveing supper with us povertyflats! The frozen custard was better than pie on a HOT day, I cant believe you had 3 bowls of the stuff!!! Damn! The Caddy was the cats meow, Im sure you will have up to your standards soon! Too bad Wop wasnt here, Cindy must had a gallon of the smelly stuff on tonite, he would have been howling at the MOON! Eat your heart out Wop, Paul had his nose buried in Cindys chest through the whole meal!!!:eek: He kept muttering "momma,Momma" Bcr, I hate to tell you that Paul told me to put the hit out on you too! I can be bribed with some of that goldchainer money of yours, hint-hint.;)

29. BCR

BCR

garage magazine garage magazine garage magazine I'm hoping that will get this post taken down before Paul has me killed. Larry, I ain't got the money of a true chainner, I'm just a chainner poser

30. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

dammit GL, you are supposed to be on my side---I sure had a good time tonight with you and Frank and Jim. And the gift from Cindy was cool. As for BCR...he is a dead man walking....