Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrappers stole my 29 Sedan !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by #1 Kawboy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Some guy from my area was electricuted & killed trying to steal some copper wire recently.

2. Story here local the other day... guys trashed a Church summer camp to steal the copper out of it, ruined the kitchen, something like $25K in damage. They got caught because most yards here photocopy your ID and keep it when they buy from you. It's the law, one of the reports implied.

Which is funny because I go to Weitsmans a few times and no one is showing ID's there. There's a freaking late model Lincoln stretch limo out there on one of the loaders that looks nice enough it could have been driven in (that's not worth more than the $1000 or so they paid for it?) the last time... and you're not keeping ID's on file? Maybe they only do it over a certain dollar amount or something. Between that and paying out in cash, though, I'm sure a lot of stolen things go in there never to return.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

4. Pete

Pete

I had something similar happen to me a few years ago. Im in the heating / AC business and I keep coils, evaps, tank-less coils and such. I had everything separated and ready to cash in, all the stuff was on private property and under a giant tent behind a few buildings....some dude from out of town stole it all, about 2 grand in copper and brass!!!

I knew he had been in and around town before. I spoke to all the local muffler and repair shops and asked them to keep an eye out for his truck....I was on the hunt for this dude, that was over 3 years ago and I still have not seen him.

Fact of the matter is, even though your shit is on private property out of sight..it still isnt safe! These guys will do anything to get it!!!

Pete-

5. This is what I'm afraid of. My Gram hasn't been the same since Gpa passed away in 2009. She invites strange people over to help in her yard (she won't let me or any family member do it!) And these creeps stole cash from her, plus they weed eat near our property and can see all our stuff. Also, whenever we get delivery trucks onto our lot, they have to ask about my Cadillac. That's when I got paranoid and bought a thick car cover to hide it.

6. ShortySMC

ShortySMC

I'm putting up the shooting statutes on a sign, so they will understand my right to shoot and kill them if on my property and I 'believe they are there to cause me bodily harm' ;)

Security on the garage now too, since they stole a welder, tools, lawn mower, and weed whip.

pricks

7. i just installed a lock on my shop after 35 years came home to find someone roaming around and I didn't like his answer why he was there.Before I got married my house was never locked, had a friend from Dundas stop by when I was out he left a note" stop to see you,
    had a coffee will stop on my way back" never had anything stolen

8. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I can't believe that, time to invest in a German Shepherd!

9. Been there done that. I happened to see a guy, day before yesterday, trolling my very rural neighborhood for scrap. We made eye contact and he knew I saw him; the guy was so obvious it was pathetic. They just don't care. I let go a few rounds as he crawled on down the road just to let him know. A month or so ago I had the afore mentioned "guy in the nice shirt" come through carrying an ADT sign offering to give away security systems. It was right in the middle of the day. I ended up running that prick right out of the neighborhood. It's funny how fast they lose interest when they think they may be dealing with an armed lunatic, LOL. What gets me is they're like cockroaches; these are just the ones we see. I've posted it before, since I got hit for a bunch of really nice '32 Ford sheet metal and chassis parts, along with what had to be a couple of trailer loads of plain scrap, my patients with these fuckers is pretty thin! The problem is most of the people the cops are interested in protecting don't have stuff like this sitting around in their yards in their McMansion subdivisions out in the berbs. It's up to you to protect your own if you want to keep it.

10. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I've called the Sheriffs department numerous times to report stolen car parts. Sometimes they never return my call and if they do they show very little interest. They tell me to inventory what is missing and give it them a list. I've had assholes get stuck and it's clear they were pulled out by some kind of wrecker. Tracks all over the place and big stuff moved around and they don't even bother to come out and look at the tracks. I figure I'm on my own for enforcement. We pay enough property taxes we should get better service. I'm thinking about running for county supervisor. I'd bet they would take a different view of my old junk if I got elected.

11. skoh73

skoh73

An upstanding fellow in my Mother's neighborhood gunned down a piece of shit who broke into his house on Saturday night. Turns out the perp has a record going back 20 some odd years and is a registered sex offender. My Mom lives in a pretty cushy area.

Interesting side note- my brother, who is a cop was out at her house yesterday with a few of the guys he works with. I brought the case up and they all agreed that the POS got what he deserved. We need the Castle Law in every state!

12. Muttley

Muttley

That would make a great YouTube video, is there any security camera footage?

13. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Hmmm.....high capacity Weapons with lights - guard dogs - a rep as A physco and an electrified fence, Sad that is what it takes to protect your junk pile! I am kinda worried I am lacking the fence:eek:

14. Rem

Rem

15. Originally Posted by willbe
    A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means. And ya don't have to drag the asshole into the house!
    Perhaps in TX. Castle doctrine does not apply to all states.

In short, if you own a gun, and intend to use it to protect yourself / your family / your property, you owe it to yourself to fully investigate and understand how and when it is acceptable to use deadly force in YOUR state and any state you may be travelling in. I understand the frustration that arises when you have your property stolen, your garage broken into, but without a thorough understanding of the applicable laws, shooting someone on your property MAY bring you up on murder charges.

Sad, but true. Guns & shooting people is serious business. Don't leave it up to a judge to decide. Know your rights.

16. FatFndr

FatFndr

General Info from May 2010 - It may have changed slightly since then.

"A number of states in the US have either Castle Doctrine, Stand Your Ground, or both. Castle Doctrine is derived from English Common Law, that a man’s home is his castle. You have every right to defend yourself in your home and no duty to retreat in the face of danger. Stand Your Ground extends that principle to outside your residence. If threatened in public, you have the right to defend yourself and no duty to retreat. There are 18 States with Castle Doctrine, 1 State with Stand Your Ground, and 12 States with both. In total, there are 31 States with some form of Castle Doctrine and/or Stand Your Ground."

Attached Files:

17. raidmagic

raidmagic

I recently added a camera system to my property. It was pretty cheap and easy to install myself. It records for 36 hours and then starts writing over itself so if something comes up missing you can go back and find out who did it and then call the cops.

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

there is an even better system out there that runs off your computers hard drive..I have a stand alone tower that will hold an entire month..and the program will show activity spikes on the screen so you can choose what time to look at it..I also have that tower running off a battery back up..so if Mr. theif thinks hes smart and cuts my power..he will still be recorded..and they can cut the phone line too all they want..it isnt part of that system

wilife..
    I can even be out of town or the country and view my home in real time, or go thru the entire time i am gone..think its up to 6 or 8 cameras

now if only i could hook up my .50 cal to opperate off this system..that would be the shit!:cool:

But anything is better than nothing..

I recently had a few guys scope out my house..you know those door to door cleaning supply sales men..they saw one of my cameras, and just walked away...
    I was watching him on my lap top while i was out back in my shop..
    cleaning my guns:eek: lol (acctually i was working on my hot rod;))

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  19. Couldn't agree more! The trauma of shooting some one, even if you or you property is in jeopardy can be great! The laws governing each state, county, and city should be acknowledged. Having said that, if you have to shoot, be sure to kill 'em or they're likely to hire a shit house lawyer(ACLU) and lie to beat hell and sue you for everything you tried to protect! Harsh facts, but today in the U.S., facts!

20. Deuces

Deuces

So, when did Michigan jump into the bandwagon??? Last I heard, you kill some dirtbag here (in Michigan) for breaking into your house you end up going to jail...:confused:

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I believe 2006?..granholm signed it october 2006!
    http://www.ammoland.com/2009/08/03/michigans-castle-doctrine-law-and-you/

just dont talk to the cops when you plug em..you have the right to remain silent..you better have the ability

get a lawyer, and a 24 hour cool down period..your only excercising the same right the cop would have given tha same situation

the meranda rights are, You have the right to remain silent..or anything you say can and WILL be used AGAINST you..no where does it say could be used on your behalf..

if you plan on defending your property this way ..you need to read up on the laws, and the rules..im not a lawyer or cop..or judge , so do your homework

make it so your story is the only one,, if you catch my drift?

typically these types of threads get locked down..so im not expecting this to stay up long..but this is a problem we are facing in this country and if nothing is done about detering the crime, it will escallate..cant carry a cop on your belt..they are too dam heavy and slow you down, and typically show up late for the party..just to clean up the mess.
    In this country you do have the god given right to protect yourself and your loved ones..some people need to take this seriously..most dont, dont let the "legal" system dictate your freedoms

22. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

Well said Von Rigg.

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thank you sir, sorry about your theft..watch for the next one , if these fuckers are bold enough to step on your property, their bold enough to hurt you , your wife and children or your pets.. seriously
    I carry even on my own property..just 'cause you never know, there is never a warning for this type of shit

some will disagree...until they are faced with it..than watch how fast their tune changes..those that say its crazy to defend your own shit, have never been confronted with a life changing death situation and have no clue or right to say how one should conduct themselfs within the laws..we do have laws to protect our selfs and shit..if they dont stand up for thier rights , they dont deserve them

24. Deuces

Deuces

Thank you Fink!!!!!!!!!! ;) :)

25. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

Hell I live in California where all Druggies, Thieves, Convics, and Felons have rights, I don't, my felonious brother in law, stole some shit out of the garage, found it in a pawn shop,w/s-no's and a police report, I had to buy my stuff back from the fence, and nothing happened to the dumbshit. welcome to the Peoples Republic of California.

26. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

At the next family gathering, 'something would happen!":cool:

27. cederholm

cederholm

28. Dzus

Dzus

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/career/take-your-gun-to-work-day/3422
    On September 1, a Texas law known as the “guns-at-work” or “parking lot” bill will go into effect. The law gives gun owners a new right to store a weapon (any lawfully owned firearm, not just those owned under a Concealed Handgun License) in their vehicle while at work.

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Dont take this the wrong way, but if you dont do anything to change the way things are out there..than it will only get worse..as we have seen
    and you can start with that EX- brother in-law:eek:..

just the fact that you still called him a brother in-law shows me nothing got done about that problem..there wont be anyway the big issue will ever be delt with than in that state..Home is where the action is..or at least should be,, time to take out your own trash;)

30. Special Ed

Special Ed

FROM THE LOS ANGELES TIMES

"An owner of a South Los Angeles auto shop on Sunday interrupted a pair of alleged burglars, fatally shooting one of the men as he was fleeing, police said.
    Shortly after midnight, a witness called the owners of a wholesale auto-sales shop on the 5800 block of South Hoover Street to alert them that a pair of men had hopped over the business’s fence, according to Det. Chris Barling, who oversees the homicide unit in LAPD’s South Bureau.
    The men had removed the batteries from several vehicles by the time one of the owners arrived armed with a registered handgun, Barling said. One of the alleged burglars bolted and was attempting to climb over a fence when the owner fired a single shot that struck him in the buttocks area, according to Barling.
    Immediately after the shooting, the owner called 911 to request paramedics, who took the suspect to a local hospital, Barling said. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
    <!-- sphereit end -->Detectives did not release the name of the business owner and are withholding the identity of the shooting victim until next of kin can be notified.
    The second alleged burglar, 19-year-old Charles Netherly, was detained at the scene and arrested. He is expected to face burglary charges, Barling said. Police found another alleged accomplice, Christina Sharp, 19, in a nearby alley and suspect her of being the erstwhile get-away driver. Both Netherly and Sharp were being held at the 77th Street jail on $20,000 bail.
    Some or all of the three are suspected of being involved in a previous burglary of the same shop, Barling said.
    The shop owner was interviewed and released."