Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dal Porto Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by notrod13, Aug 30, 2011.

1. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

2. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

Stunning, in every sense of the word. There are forms of Art that confuse, intimidate or baffle. No confusion here. No need to describe the scene or the event. This car, the history, the vision of the build and your ability to capture the soul of this car, well buddy, this defines that other "A" word, Awe.
    Maintain your course brother, you're doing it just fine.
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

3. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

huge thanks! you sir are a wordsmith

4. cruzr

cruzr

that Roadster is perfection

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my fave's for SURE! Was interesting that at GNRS it was hardly noticed, it seems. Not much of a crowd at all. Was so nice to stare at all the details.

Thanks for sharing all those pictures! Fantastic!

6. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

definately going to start following your blog, great article.

7. ruralrod

ruralrod

Tim

Pachi here. Just saw it on your blog. Your stuff is amazing! I havnt stopped since you saw me in Sunol. What a weekend! The shoot was killer. I cant hardly wait! Steve Moal picked the roadster for a builder choice award at the show. I still cant believe it. Ill be in touch and get you the info sheet.

Later
    Pachi

8. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

Man thats soooooooo bitchin!!! So stoked for you ... gimme your email and ill tease ya a bit!

9. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

It was seriously wierd , at gnrs I walked by it twice!!! didnt even notice it then it hit me like a lead brick!..... one of my faves too.....

10. TERPU

TERPU

Pachi your car is perfect!. Congrats on the Steve Moal pick. That means more than a Goodguys Street Rod of the year for sure. Steve is one of the true masters of fit and finish. Your car is one of the few that I was drawn to all weekend.

Tim from Aptos

11. ruralrod

ruralrod

Thanks man. The Moal deal is huge for sure. I was pumped all weekend hearing stuff from guys like you too. Thats what its all about. You get it! You know the work and time and patience and money and what it takes to build these fuckers. Thanks man. See you in Santa Cruz! Cant wait.

Pach

12. 296ardun

296ardun

For those of us not in the know, please fill us in...am assuming this is the original car that graced the cover of Hop Up in, when, '52? NoCal car, body work by Jack Hagemann, tube frame, technology and detail well ahead of its time...what is the story on this flawless restoration, or recreation?

13. uncle buck

uncle buck

In the June 2011 Street Rodder it states it achieved 155mph on the lakes 118mph at the drags , has center steering and won the (Grand) National Roadster Show. The car was wrecked in '53 then stored 'til the 70's . After that it sold a couple of times ('93 & '99) and then the restoration was completed by Classic Craft Restoration in 2010. It also mentions it having a Chrisman assembled flathead.

14. Hope to see this one in person some day. Be proud,grasshopper.

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That car can take it's place among the greats without even breaking a sweat.

Frank

16. 296ardun

296ardun

Thanks for the info, very glad it has been restored to such a high standard.

17. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

Amazing photos as Usual Tim! Check out the November 2011 Rod & Custom for the full feature. It's currently on the newstand.
    Thanks,
    Aaron