Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrappers stole my 29 Sedan !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by #1 Kawboy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

Theivin' pricks ! My 29 Tudor Sedan body was apart and behind my garage (in a fenced in yard - not visible from anywhere but IN the yard) along with my TCI frame. They went through a gate (7 foot - solid wood ) took the sides of the body, cowl, rear panel, 8 antique wrought iron chairs,and LEFT the doors, frame, and two aluminum ladders that were probably worth more than everything else :confused: combined, in scrap prices. It was there Thursday when I mowed. Called a guy over to pick it up and build the body and floor last night. He shows up, we go out back, *P O O F * - GONE !!
    Needless to say I've now permanantly screwed the gates shut.
    Sucks, just when ya get ready to 'get goin' - - BAM ! :mad:
    So basically they just came in my yard to look around, and took what they could.
    My wife's home w/ the kids all day and there's 3 cars in the driveway WHEN I'M GONE.
    Ballsy move for some "scrap metal." Had they been spotted/heard , they WOULD have been shot. Twice.

2. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I've had confrontations with scrappers.They're parasites.

3. michaelmoore

michaelmoore

man that sucks . could you check with the scrap yards?

4. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

around here the scrap yards move stuff out the NEXT day
    because they KNOW a lot of the scrap they buy is stolen

5. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

There is a fleet of ILLEAGLE Mexicans that Troll the streets here.

Came down my street last week when I was out front "CHOO GOTS SCRAP METAL?"

"FUCK NO ... AND NO ONE ELSE ON THIS STREET DOES ... BEAT IT !"

A friend just missed them leaving his place with a '28 Chevy 4cyl, 396 Chevy Big Block & some Early Ford chassis parts.

He is Old & could'nt move Fast enough to get a plate #.

6. n847

n847

i had a scrapper show up sunday morning asking my wife about the wheels in my driveway. I told him the wheels wern't in my driveway they were in the back of my garage and I better not catch him nosing around my shit again I'd shoot his ass! maybe that was a bit extreme but this guy wasnt from around here and he had clearly been all the way up in my garage because he saw an old car. I told my wife to answer the door with a gun if he ever shows his face on my property again.

7. Little bastards are getting more and more brazen every day. And it's NOT the "economy", these are just plain bad people that would steal their mother's purse, regardless of the "economy".

8. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

This really sucks. I lost a 58 Anglia gearbox that was taken from the top of my driveway, it had only been there 10 minutes whilst i sprayed some stuff in the garage!!!! Here in the UK we've got huge issues with stuff being taken, happens all the time, every hour or so there's a van with some dodgy folks on the prowl, checking out folks houses. I've stopped everyone of them and told them if they enter my property not only will they get a kicking but the dog will get them. Now put up a sign to back it up and informed the law. Don't mind folks wanting to make money but they need a license and only one guy around here does, he's an honest guy and been around for years. He gets my junk and gives me a nod when he gets parts that he thinks i can use. Hope your stuff turns up, really do.

regards Dan

9. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

Nice avatar gasoline..... who is it ??

Ryan Ache'n likes this.
  10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

"took the sides of the body, cowl, rear panel, 8 antique wrought iron chairs,and LEFT the doors, frame, and two aluminum ladders that were probably worth more than everything else"

Might not have been scrappers if they passed up the aluminum ladders for tin. Possibly swap meet or Craigslist resellers.

Or, maybe they almost got caught and had to beat it before they were fully loaded. Did you ask the neighbors if they witnessed anything? Make a police report. If they're that brazen, maybe someone else in the neighborhood caught them and the police are looking for the owners of all the old car parts.

11. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I've got a relative that had his dead aunts old 71 Torino (low miles 2 dr) sitting in the driveway. He got up one morning and the car was gone but there were black marks going down the road from where the drum brakes were locked up and the car was dragged. He followed the marks and even found a tire on the side of the road that rolled off the rim. The marks led to a local auto salvage yard who's rumored to yank and run with their wreckers when scrap prices are high. He called the Police and they said there was nothing they could do. :mad:

12. Gasoline scream's avatar is Sabrina Kelly......google her...hot damn!!

13. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

Might not have been scrappers if they passed up the aluminum ladders for tin. Possibly swap meet or Craigslist resellers

IF they knew what they were stealin' the FIRST thing they'd have grabbed were the doors. The are in great shape, comparably.
    There an auto-on security light back there that may have run them off......
    Police made a report...couldn't find one print on the PAINTED frame that they moved... lots of rain/humidity lately....

14. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

The punishment isn't great enough if people have the tenacity to walk onto someone else's property and take what doesn't belong to them.

15. and I can reiterate just how bad it is over here...we have just been camping for a week and in the small seaside town they have stolen all the gratings off the drains in a couple of streets including a bunch of man hole covers...apparently it's a regular thing ... it's nowt to do with economic situation a thief is a thief...

16. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

Ohhh yeeeaaah, Sabina Kelleeeeyyyyyyy.... didn't reckognize the photo....small..

17. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

For real nothing is safe anymore... All the low life scum that roam the earth lookin for what they can take not for what they can do to support thereselves or there habits... If I caught one of those bastards at my shop I would whoop his ass then call the cops to come get what was left....

18. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I'm glad I live in TX:

19. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

My father was renovating a home he purchased that was built in 1901. It was broken into during the early stages and all the copper was stolen. It was 99% finished and the floors had just been stained and the crack heads broke in again to steal more of the copper and fresh wiring. Ridiculous!!! Now there is a security system, cameras, and a 12 gauge with a pistol grip :)

20. Yup stole my 283 and my primed 50 Ford sedan!!

21. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Yeah its a shame you cant have shit setting outside of your own home without fear of it being taken! If they are brazzen enough to steal your things behind your house whats stoppin them from coming on in? Shoot em and drag em in the house, wouldnt hve to do that but a couple times to get your message across. But like always the criminals have more rights than we do!

22. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I think it depends where you live, but this seems pretty straight-forward to me in TX:

23. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

I've lost count of how many things had come up stolen around my place. They once tried
    to lift my big beer cap sign off of the fence, but dropped it, and then took off (3:30am).
    Stole the tail lights out of my truck, and stripped the chrome off the wife's car, while
    they were sitting in the drive way. Last encounter, someone was using my neighbor's
    trash can, and climbing over the fence to try and get into my garage. (They saw my
    tool boxes). I took a bunch of boards and threw them around the back of the garage,
    and made sure that they all had nails sticking straight up.. About a week later, a
    homeless looking couple came walking down the street, and the woman had a walking
    cast on her foot. My wife stared them down, as they walked by, and they wouldn't
    make eye contact. That ended our little garage burglar issue...

By the way, I went to Fry's (Harbor Freight sells them too) and bought a cool little
    motion detector, and door bell chimer for $20.00. It has a killer range,
    and will even go off if you get a squirrel in the yard..

We visited a local antique store one day on the square, and the lady
    admitted that she was buying from a "picker" that the cops were looking for, because
    he was stealing stuff from around town. We've never gone back to her shop again..
    So check your neighborhood... you may be being watched.. They always knew when
    we weren't home, and I have multiple cars at the house.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  24. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Yeah you guys in texas have it a little better than us in good ol Vagina, damn commonwealth state!

25. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

I love being from TX.. Went out to my new place yesterday to install a gate. My
    neighbors across the street were out shooting their guns. The wife was acting
    nervous about it, but I was happy.. Now I can show her how to shoot, and never
    go to the range. I can just go out to the back of our place and setup a target.

26. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

is there any law against poaching in your area?

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

28. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we find that the easiest way to keep people out of your stuff when living in a more "city-like" environment is to make your property look as hillbilly and redneck as possible. boyfriend's house has about 5 American flags hanging on it and potentially a confederate flag or a tea party flag in there too :rolleyes:;). he drives a hammered 90's dodge diesel pickup with 'no farms no food" stickers plastered to it that is the greatest farm mobile you've ever seen and he has a lifted; drab green 70's jeep that is always covered in mud and sitting the driveway. on top of that we're antique tractor fanatics and we always have at least 3 Farmalls parked in the tiny side-yard. oh; and dont be afraid to post signs on the edge of the road that say "trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again". It works; because the "immigrant" neighbors who occasionally ask for help on something are absolutely panicked about stepping foot into the yard. the know better

29. 100% Matt

100% Matt

^^^^^^^ Biting my tongue^^^^^^:eek:

30. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

There are, but myself.. I don't know them, because I only shoot targets.
    I had cousins and an uncle that are big hunters, but being that I only grew
    up with my mom and sister, the hunting bug never bit me. I have plenty of
    toys, but none of them have killed anything that was living.. :)