Register now to get rid of these ads!

cars you wish you'd never sold....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ehdave, Nov 15, 2010.

1. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

i sold my marina blue 67 malibu in 94 for 5k , i miss that car , blue bucket seats , 327 / 4 speed with a console , 12 bolt , you could (and i did ) beat the hell out of that car night and day and it never skipped a beat ! i found out later that it might have been a 327/325 horse L-79

2. Muttley

Muttley

My old one went to a guy in Modesto in December of '03 maybe you have seen/may see it around your neck of the woods.

3. A few. And there is more I don't have pictures of.

Attached Files:

4. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

5. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 63 Fairlane. My first car, dad helped me out a ton on it, my grandpa bought it new. What a dumbass I was for selling. Originally 221 v8 three speed, ended up with a 67 289+351 heads, too much cam, etc.

BTW it went from Iowa to Moline IL / Davenport IA (Quad Cities) in about 1989. Sold to a nice fellow named Matt (I think) that drove a Interstate Battery route. I would like to know if it is still around!

Attached Files:

6. agshelby

agshelby

I have owned about 40 cars - and there is only one that I 'really' regret selling. This was an all original panel, rust-free 65 2+2. Everything was rock solid - from the floor pans to the cowl. I rebuilt it with 4 wheel discs, sub frame connectors, etc - converting it to a semi-clone '66 gt350. I had a fallout with the paint guy - and it needed to be re-sprayed due to some clouding in the metallic and poor prep work, and sold it at a point of frustration (traded for a '66 shelby cobra replica). The replica was nice - but didn't make up for the 5 years of work I had in the fastback ...

[​IMG]

7. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

i think i may have seen it , anybody that puts SS on stripes on (A) anything pre 68 or (B) anything thats not an SS should be shot . funny yours went north , mine went south...to los banos . 2 sketchy looking dudes showed up with 5 grand in a brown paper bag after seeing it in the auto-trader , within 1/2 hour of it being gone i had 2 messages on my machine (pre-cell phone days) asking if somebody ripped my car off
    FINK

8. perk30

perk30

'56 Chevy that I put in a 327 and a four speed, had the rear springs re-arched and a leaf added and put dyna coils from JC Whitney in the front to get it up high gasser style Road like a truck but it looked cool. Sold it to two kids that paid for it with grass cutting money.

9. DavidL

DavidL

I had a 56 Chevy 4dr that I planned to turn into a daily driver. It was pretty clean and the guy that I bought it from gave me a ton of extra parts. The generator needed to be replaced and the brakes redone and it would have have been ready to drive. But I ended up selling it to get the cash for the engine work and paint on another project. Still have that project car though, so I guess it all works out.

10. buickbybirth

buickbybirth

My first car: A 62 Impala Super Sport that ended up at the crusher. I just shake my head everytime I think about it even though 30 years has passed.

11. green53ford

green53ford
    from Wisconsin

My 48 ford coupe i built in the early 60s. I have been trying to buy it back for about the last 15 years but its not for sale and i dont blame him.

12. My first car, a '29 A coupe. Sold it to pay off college debt to my parents. Should have kept the car and stayed in debt to them another 6 months.

13. banditomerc

banditomerc

I sold my 1939 mercury coupe...just before they went $$$$ through the roof.

14. My 66' Shelby GT350H. Didn't exactly sell it. Junked it. Didn't know enough to put it away for the winter....New Years Eve....Telephone pole....police.......Dad says "get this piece of junk out of my driveway". You fill in the blanks. That was 1970...I'm still sick.

15. jimvette59

jimvette59

Just look at my avatar . Why why why :(

16. I miss the '55 Chevy 150 Handyman wagon that we had. Dad had a habit of trying to help the wrong folks out by giving them work, and what was a super clean car got left out in the weather under a tree for too long.

But the car I regret selling was my '63 Chevy II convertible- it had to go to pay for college, and is now (still) sitting in a barn for when the gentleman to "restore it someday" which, sadly, will never happen.

17. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

My first car. Mom scrapped it while I was in Viet Nam. Never forgave her for that (RIP).

18. Muttley

Muttley

Your Dad thought a four year old car was a piece of junk? :confused: :confused:

19. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

1967 Camaro RS , 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe, 1970 Pontiac Formula , 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite (283 w/ manual PG & 9"), and strangely enough a 1965 Toyota Stout PU with a 215 Buick V6 and auto.

20. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Still kinda miss my 33 Plymouth coupe. Sold it when the family outgrew it and then I bought the Poncho. Now my wife will go with me once a year to Pigeon Forge and the kids haven't been since.

48 Poncho

Attached Files:

21. It wasn't "sold", it was STOLEN.
    I would LOVVVVE to have it back.

1959 Dodge Viscount, I shortened it, had a 440 built disguised as a 413, I was going to go street racing with it... tub it, paint it up and leave people scratching their heads.....

Then somebody decided to steal it. No idea why, how could anybody think it would blend in to traffic?

[​IMG]

22. New Years Eve...Telephone pole... It was totalled. Wanted to fix it. dad said Get it out of here. Kept all the good parts and junked the body.

23. flamingokid

flamingokid

24. Muttley

Muttley

Ahh, OK. The way you worded it the first time I thought you wrecked it into a telephone pole on New Years Eve when he told you to remove it from his driveway. ;)

25. chunk40

chunk40

mine was a 1964 tempest......loved that car

26. The 1939 Merc convertible.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. My 57 Chevy 150, I missed it so much that I bought another one...

28. Richard P

Richard P

35 Plymouth Coupe

55 Black Cherry 210 Bowtie

29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

For me its was a 63 impala SS 327 car. I let a guy fix the body and paint it he fucked it up bad made me sick to look at it so I sold it wish I would of had a place to store it out of site tell I had a chance to fix it. Man I loved to drive that car.

30. Not really a Hamb car.
    383 TPI had a title for 1923 ford two door

Attached Files: