Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another hacked up 52 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Romain, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Foppa

Foppa

Dang! this is such a nice build..

2. verde742

verde742

Copper brake lines?

3. this is some serious dedication! you make me feel lazy! good job, really impressive.

4. skyrodder

skyrodder

Damn! you got more done on 1 page than i have in several threads!!!!

5. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

very nice build for some reason i like those 51/52 very much good luck whit it cheers

6. Romain

Romain
    from france

First, THANKS to all !!

You get to see so much high end work on the hamb,
    I originally felt like I had no really fancy or unique thing to show,
    this is"just" a slammed chevy with a good stance, for now :)

The funny thing is when you park it at a show at stock height,
    not much people will notice it unless you pop the hood or lower it. :D

Nope, wood rules ! allows not to crush the rockers, body wont slide off them.

Dont worry 'bout the copper line, it aint "normal" copper tube, these exceed OEM
    http://www.veillatsa.com/catalogue/freinage/tubes_raccords_freins/frein.htm

Yep, 6.70-15" goodyear super cushions

Well, I made the paperwork to get it registered before the mods, when it was stock so that was easy.

I now pass tech control every 5 years or so, but the car hasnt got to be original.
    Over here any modification to the car is forbidden, I mean ANY.

As long as the car doesnt look that dangerous or crash, the cops should leave me alone... Thats completely stupid because I feel now the car is safer than stock. Oh well...

I live in the east near Nancy

Thanks again guys, I'll try to do some videos over the next cruisings this fall !

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  7. metalshapes

metalshapes

Nothing wrong with that...
    ( as long as you get the material that is meant to be used as brakeline)

I have them on a racecar that I used for years that way.

Lots of miles on road race tracks.
    (they were reccomened by some of the racing organisations)

I'll replace them with steel because they are 25+ years old now, and because I know they'll freak the current Tech Guys out...

Nice build, man.

Looks really good.:)

8. scottydc

scottydc
    from Waco TX

Please dont chop it!!

9. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

I agree!! She looks damn good with a stock roof. Great work on everything! IMO I think coupes look better unchopped.

10. Smokey2

Smokey2

GREAT ! FANTASTIC SPREAD !!!!!
    BEST EVER,
    But I'd like to have a pair of your trousers.................the pockets must go all tha' way to the ankles ?

YES ! CHOP IT, It's beggin' for it !

11. robleticia

robleticia

Looks really nice, great job!

12. Matranga

Matranga

Another nice Euro Custom, i like it. :)

Hennie

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The dedication is outstanding. I love to see the guys in other countries go whole hog on old American iron. Looks like it just needs paint and an interior at this point...

14. MEYER8821

MEYER8821

Your car kicks ass man! The pictures are awesome, love all the detail. I pretty much wanna do the exact same thing and hope to start after the first of the yr. I will be going over your build more than once when I go to do mine!

15. Hey Romain! Happy new year! How bout an update! We were talking about you the other day. Hope all is well! Later. Josh

16. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Let's bump this back up. Bitchin build Romain. Keep us posted.

17. jamesd1502

jamesd1502
    from san diego

Years ago, I saw your car as I was google browsing images of 1952 Chevys. It inspired me to build my own. Thank you for the inspiration. Well done

Attached Files:

18. Romain

Romain
    from france

Hey Guys !!

Thanks, I mean, really.
    Like most hambers its about building stuff trying to make dreams come true and learn new things but not only. This chevy and its build are part of my life, I had the chance to meet the coolest dudes in the coolest places across USA, Australia... The SFCC, Chrisp, Rusk, Fat141 and others... Hamber tech help here too... and Damn !! Everytime its been a blast. I remind these good times every time I see the car even more than the build itself. I enjoy to know that Rusks masterpiece is now in the south of France thanks to me haha ;)

I havent been workin much on hamb material stuff so I didnt check the forum for a while... the car is still around ! Its been sitting for quite a while, have ignition wiring stuff to re-do if I dont want my alt getting hot as hell and burn modules... once its done I'll just do cruisings with the local friends... good car for freeway use though. I really should make vids pics whatever when it happens cause we now have a few cool things driving just a few miles around (bagged 51 buick coupe ht, 55 cad, 56, all new flammed apache, 59 olds coupe, hemi desoto, imperial, etc)

Other than that I built another place to work, last year couldnt bend for 6 month as I got two shot spine discs one needed surgery... just start working on cars again but at a slower rate haha.
    I am currently building a mid LQ9 engined - getrag 6 spd trans classic 70s citroen DS feat. 4 to 2 door, full scratch space frame and rollcage, chopped, speedway IFS, full wilwood stuff, with DIY cantilever cobra IRS over trans, air ride, etc and TT or KB mammoth blower and ls3 heads, so that might take a while until I finally get back on the Chevy and chop it, do paint, chrome and interior.
    For now Its just cool as it is ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    Tudor likes this.