Register now to get rid of these ads!

Impala Steering wheel on 55-59 Chevy truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saxman, Aug 27, 2011.

1. I'm just daydreaming but I've been thinking it would be cool to run a 59-60 Impala Steering wheel on my '58 Chevy truck with stock column. Anybody done it? Splines the same? What is the depth of the dish on an impala wheel?

Besides the horn, turn signals, etc, what else am I not considering? I don't have an Impala wheel in my hands just yet or I could probably answer my own questions.

2. bump for the night hawks

3. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

I'm pretty sure the splines are the same across the board until 69, after that they change. I could measure the depth of my bel air wheel for ya, but it's a little different than 59-60 as mine's a 63.

4. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I love the looks of the 58 n 59 Impala Steering wheel ,

been wanting one for my 55 Belair for a long time now..

Maybe some day !

Sorry just thinking out loud !

5. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

Eckler's late great chevy has reproductions for $290. Beats trying to find an original and restoring it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  6. I was looking at those. It sounds like the way to go. I'm just trying to identify any potential issues before I fork out the money. Maybe I just need to find a really crappy one for cheap and see how it fits.