Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hurricane production what you up to.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Aug 27, 2011.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im wetsanding a 32 frame and watching the nitro stan washing down the driveway.I had it planned all week...............

2. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Cleaned my gutters, mowed the lawn, cut alders ( until my chainsaw crapped out...I hate working on small engines). Thinking about taking the 48 for a ride , but it looks like thunder boomers moving in. Its been a nice day here and I was hoping the weather would hold off for the local stock car races tonight but its not looking too good for that.
    John

3. F&J

F&J

I was outside between the rain bands, trying to modify hinges on the 26 T. It was going good, so I managed to hand crank it to run, to get it indoors.

Then I had to put a temp gas can and batt in the Diamond T 10 wheeler in the shop to move it ahead enough to get the T in behind it.

In a rush, and me trying to get used to the 4 pedals & Model T transmission, must have been funny to watch...I was backing it in and it kept slamming the wood tailgate into the rear frame rail of the Diamond T. I was pushing two pedals by mistake :)

I am putting 26 Dodge sedan rear doors on the T to make a pickup. It was a cutdown 2dr sedan body. The Dodge doors are going to fit sweet. I'll take a vertical slice of the Dodge front doors to make an extended cab with narrow quarter windows. It will look similar to a 28 Model A cab.

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

""In a rush, and me trying to get used to the 4 pedals & Model T transmission""

Four pedals? 26 have gas pedal? just curious, thought they had column gas levers till the A's..

5. lorodz

lorodz

borded up my house and than evacuated with only important things, cars stay behind.

6. cl350rr

cl350rr

econoline is sitting in 6 inches of water, not much getting done today. the eye slowed over NC and it is dumping rain in Hampton Roads ... gonna be a wet weekend

7. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Its early about 400pm ,Not much goin on ,Still wetsanding ,I already gathered up outside and pulled the ac ,units,Im just gonna sand and watch the storm,Till 8.00 or 9.00 tonight,I just hope all make out well.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm off to the basement to put things on milk crates just incase the water comes in. Who knows I may get lucky and find my misplaced MOON tank.

9. F&J

F&J

What? :eek: no gas pedal?

I just got it 2 days ago and did not look for a gas pedal yet:D

My buddy that I got if from has the column-to-dash bracket off, and the motor races like crazy if you don't push the column up high. I was too busy with all these quirks to look for a gas pedal :eek:

10. sawzall

sawzall

spent the first 6 hrs of my day getting ready.. and helping a neighbor prepare for no power.. I am certain my efforts assure that Irene will change her course.. and I'll get to undo everything tomorrow..

11. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

im watching the 2 meg power plant generate steam and electricity for a 12 hour shift , then back tomorrow for another 8 hrs

12. Fired the motor in the Dragster today between rain drops..... Storm stayed east of us.

13. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Cleaned gutters, secured the exterior of the house, no loose items in the yard, fired up the generator (1942 military unit with a flathead Jeep engine), plenty of gas, bring it on.

14. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Got prepared here in So. Jersey yesterday. Just me and the dogs. Wife & kids are in Cape Cod visiting family. Got the generator ready, lots of food, water & wine. Going to drink my way through this thing. LOL!!!!

15. Power out, but the generator is going. Wind is howling. 250,000 people without power here in Richmond. But I just poured a bourbon (on the rocks, please, no water). Hurricane or not, it's the cocktail hour, such as it is. And the internet is working for the time being.

Hunkering down, my friends, hunkering down....

16. put a set of '32 repo bumpers on the A roadster, also fixed front fender braces, installed license plate frame, step plates and touched up some paint for the new owner:) in my opinion the car looked better without all that crap but it's his now!

17. Fixed my daughters toilet, strapped the lean-to to the Kubota, visted tb33anda3rd and saw his lean-to chained to a Buick:cool:

18. '68 with a 455 should hold it down but if anyone sees a car port with a black 4dr hanging from it, it's mine. :eek::D

19. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Phartman must be catching. It's 11.14pm here, still in the garage and just finished off my shifter. Tall glass, some Jim Beam, 2 blobs of ice and time to kick back and look at the mess i've made. Cheers fella, enjoy and look after yourself and yours!!

Regards Dan

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Giving a step by step run down almost 7.00 half the frame is sanded ,Taking a break ,Im soaked ,Winds are still calm rain is picking up.

21. I'm wandering the internet waiting for the storm to come. I put the patio furniture away and that's about the extent of my preparing.

22. pinupwithgun

pinupwithgun

recently bought an industrial sewing machine. made a bar stool cover this morning wth pleated diamonds on top and standard pleats on the side. Came out great. So now i will start my nova interior with diamond pleats.

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

I can still lift a 327 small block and place it on a milk crate to keep it above the basement flood level, 8 foot slider will speed any waters exit. What do those blocks weight?

24. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Welded the boxing plates all around on the chassis, replaced the center section of the x-member with one I bought from a member here on the HAMB. Cleaned up, then tied up all the outdoor furniture, and got the generator ready for action. I'm pooped now.

25. 32 hudson

32 hudson

327 block about 150#

26. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

I think I just saw the four horsemen blow passed my house!

27. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Didnt make it till 9.00 Im soaked and tired from wetsanding ,Still not that bad out 8.10 Im gonna kick back here at the hamb and play with a model ,While the family watches funniest home videos,

28. conquest, war, famine, and death?

29. Just walked down to the beach and the ocean is very flat at this time.I know what is coming in the am more beach erosion. Plum island has changed a lot in the last three years.

30. We need a photo:cool: