Register now to get rid of these ads!

custom HF bead roller dies... interest?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FiddyFour, Apr 12, 2011.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Well, no mor then normal, but this is bidnezz. :)

2. dexleo2

dexleo2

email sent!!!!
    Travis

3. mgermca

mgermca

I think the HF unit is 22mm diameter. Drill to something just under and use a 22mm reamer, easy enough to get. This gives a very repeatable slip fit on the ID of the blanks...

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

thanks for the tip!

i've been drilling to 5/8" and using a small carbide insert boring bar to get to where it needs to be, but a reamer is in the works to get that silky smooth 125 finish on the bore ;)

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

ok guys, this is one of the hardest things i have ever had to post, since so many of you are waiting for these things...

the dies are not going to be shipping soon, but i am really hoping they will be before years end.

i got into this thinking i could easily make the things with the experience i had turning metal in the past, but i was wrong. the things are just eluding my skills with a lathe.
    i'm working on getting a few "lessons" from someone i know, just enough to get me going... for those who are wondering WTF... read on. for those who do not, and are tired of waiting, i understand.

see, i got busted up at work, and i take morphine for pain three or more times a day, which makes driving to work almost impossible, and some days i can barely get out of bed. my wife and i decided that a "home based business" set up would be the best way to go. when i had the idea for the HF dies, i thought i had a good start for a business venture, and poured a LOT of cash we couldnt really afford into building a small machine and fabrication shop. my enthusiasm was larger than my skillset, and now i am paying the price for that. i can make the things, they're just not the sort of quality part i want to sell to folks.

when i spend $60 or more dollars for a tool i'm going to use, i expect it to be of good quality and be useful in my shop. for that reason, i cannot sell anyone something i would not want to recieve had i bought it. i wont sell shitty products, be they dies for a home shop bead roller or any other tool or product for that matter.

i truely am sorry for this delay, but i do want to re assure you all it is just a delay untill i can make these things of a better quality.

i'll update this thread again as soon as i have GOOD dies to sell, or you can check out the business' website for updates at www.tradallc.com

thanks again for your patience!

Traves

6. jipp

jipp

im a chronic pain patient my self i so understand where you are coming from. good luck.. just remember one day at a time is best we can do.. iv been dealing with this for almost 11 years now and my pain meds are off the roof for strength amount.. lets just say your morphine looks like aspirin to me these days. and that is sad to say. i hope you have a great day.
    chris.

7. DRD57

DRD57

Thanks for being honest and for striving for quality.

8. Hope things get better for you and dawn. Hate to see a friend in pain.

9. Hmm, wonder if we could build a recumbent lathe for you.

10. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

LOL

might not be a bad idea! i needed a decent chuckle, thanks Steve :cool:

11. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

What problems are you having? Send me a PM or e-mail.

12. It was either the recumbent lathe or a mobile gantry sling like the one used by the dude at the refinery in the Road Warrior.

Glad I could help! :D

If you need some consulting for the product, I'm available.

13. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

does that sling come in bright slime green? :p

you might be getting a call soonish :eek:

14. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Fids,,, just letting ya know, I love ya Dude. Not worth much but I hope it helps. Give Mama Fids a slap on the ass for me.

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

oh yea, lets drag this back up...

to all the guys interested in body line, truck bed or floor profile dies who have a piece of original steel with the profile you need replicated, please send em!!!

TraDa, llc
    ATTN: Traves Coppock
    5064 finger rd, Green Bay, WI

we are hours away from getting the kinks worked out of the tracer system, and will be making dies SOON, as in before the end of the year, dies will be ready to ship to your door.

thanks again for all the patience you all have shown me... getting a business running is/was harder than i thought

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

PS. be SURE to include the year(s) the profile is for, what part of the body, and any other info you figure i might need to make the specific profile you're in need of

THANKS!

17. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

I like this guy! His ups and downs...and yet he's still pulling through. It speaks volumes! I will be using you soon;)

Tyler

18. Don't give up your dreams. You will succeed!

19. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

right on Dude!

Was hoping this would work out for you and with your persistence and stubborn streak I kinda knew it would.

20. Glad to see this back up. I wish you great success!

21. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

thanks much guys, means a lot more than you know

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Great to hear all is still a go!

23. hotrod51

hotrod51

33 Ford, lower body bead

24. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

if you've got a sample, send it and lets talk! :cool:

25. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I'm in for tipping dies and possibly 32-34 pu door bottom, cab corner bead.

26. Tin Can

Tin Can

any update on availability of dies? Interested in a set of tipping dies

27. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

this i posted on my website, facebook page and on my +google...

number is in my sig.

thanks yet again for being so cool

28. carsluTT

carsluTT

awesome!...... def want some better rollers for my HF bead roller!......

29. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Post some pics of the dies what you have done.I think those original HF dies suck.I have modified the original ones or made some of my own dies too:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566973

I guess i could buy your dies,if i see something i like and if you are willing to ship overseas..

30. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

actually, yes. i have been asked if i would be shipping overseas, and i do not see a problem with doing so.

i've got a few ideas for the tipping dies, and i hope to be turning the large tipping die prototype #32 today or tomorrow. i'm beating my head and busting my ass to get these things made for you guys, and i know the amount of patience you have all had with me...

thank you does not say what i feel, but thank you!