Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Shelby Cain Friday Art Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

As the primer dries on the 32 dash I'm workin on, I had some time to check out the unfolding FAS!

Norwell your heart is as big as your talent! Please PM me on how to help out the cause.

Thanks ToddJ...your up next on the roster brutha!

The talent here is unbelievable!

Carry on!

2. lemorris

lemorris
    from Tucson, AZ

Hat over heart for Shelby and great idea Jeff.

Me this week?....still not HAMBish but at least it's water-cooled....Gettin there.

Contest winner on my Facebook Page. He's a dog trainer. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  3. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

Holy crap Jamey! Dig these...

Good work everyone

Here is another from my engine turned print series...on 3/16" engine turned aluminum (i need to take some time to photograph these things properly, they really flop in proper lighting: one angle you can only see the photo, the other you can only see the engine turned)

Attached Files:

4. Longboard Pictures

Longboard Pictures
    BANNED
    from Nor Cal

Art? Yeah I think you'll agree that this is art. Its our Sizzle Reel for our new TV series Kings of Kustoms. Finally a TV show for HAMBers made BY HAMBers! Go to our website and check it out www.longboardpictures.com

5. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Sorry to hear the news. Don't know the reasons and we may never understand.
    I don't have much to contribute this week. Hey it has an old car in it.
    [​IMG]
    BR

6. Carl that car is Bitchin' prayers to your grandson....

7. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

One nice 56!

8. Allison love that boat.....I guess that's the Bandit.

9. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

[​IMG]

Looks like a hot rod to me.

Who says you have to have wheels to go fast?

10. Bernie, don't sell this piece short.

11. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

12. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Thanks Jeff for the start of a good Friday. Got some painting done today, ie; house painting.......but anyhoot. Jen your art still rocks. I was planning on pinstiping up a handsaw I'd found a few weeks back and then I see you beat me to the punch dag gone it. I like it.

13. I got my original back from a T-shirt I did for the WAAC.
    [​IMG]
    OT, but dug Lemorris's Cuda. Thought I show an unfinished oldie of a friend's Mopar with a Camaro stripe and 396 logo, done as a joke.
    [​IMG]

14. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Mr. and Mrs. Cain, it takes strong individuals to stand up after such a tragedy, much less put together what you have. You have my prayers, and my admiration.

15. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

I didn't get around to doing anything new this week so here are a couple old sketches;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David

16. Fiorano

Fiorano

i like these.. that shoe is for fast walking? or just 100meter sprints?:D

17. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

Jeff, thanks for sharing the info on this, i lost my 21 year old son last year to the same.
    Josh, like Shelby was into the hotrod and lowbrow art scene, heres a few boards he used to just hang and watch me paint, oh yeah and give me pointers too haha.

I see Mark has posted a link to the show, and I will be supporting in full force

thanks again, george

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/pr/2011/shelbys_outlaw_shootout/

Attached Files:

19. fleet-master

fleet-master

so sorry to hear of your loss Razin Cain and others on here. Suicide is such a devastating permanent solution to a temporary problem in most cases. My family and I had a close call on this one when my stepson tried twice to end his life..but thankfully he was unsuccessful. It was all too much for him when his Mum n I split I guess.
    I wish I knew how to post a link to YouTube on here. There was a song by one of the premier Kiwi bands that really helped me at that time.Its called Stand Up ,its by The Feelers. guess if anyone reading this is interested the could look it up. Its good to realise you are not alone in your situation.
    I applaud you for all the work you are doing to increase awareness of the warning signs and help prevent further tragedies . KEEP IT UP PLEASE!!
    BTW another awesome Friday Art show guys n gals :):)

20. Thanks for the comments an prayers,this Foundation is for everyone our goal is to hopefully change the mindsets of folks in this busy,busy world to stop an know that we all can make a difference.Shelby was our son an like others on this board we missed all the signs?It saddens me to know that our own loved ones,friends an strangers feel so much hurt that the only way they see out is to put a end to their lives......R.I.P to all that are missed an may you live forever!

21. Thank you so much for your reply an also for recognizing the need to bring increased awareness to suicide.I am so happy your step son is still here with us all.

22. Thanks ArtofHotrod for posting this link on here everyone will see info for the Shootout an Hot Rod Get Together.Also you will see our mission statement for the Shelby's Racin' for a Purpose Foundation any questions you guy's can call me anytime.

23. Dog patch we are now friends on FB....sorry to hear of your loss also I pray for you an your family,but I am happy we now know each other better.If you plan to come to this event let me know an we will make arrangements for you to have a place to lay your head.

24. kenmo

kenmo

25. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Couple of Tiki panels from this week....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Spoggie, Kenmo, Beebing - very much appreciated

Jeff so many great shirt designs - your consistent, prolific talent never fails to amaze me!
    Spoggie - I can't wait to see what the rest of the picture turns out like.
    Jigger - I think my favorite of yours is the view of those2 gorgeous rear ends in that 55 Pontiac image.
    GaryC - the Mad Men magenta Caddy is way, way over the top!
    Kenmo - Love all those reflections on the side of that Caddy very nicely captured
    Slim, Aceuh great photos as always
    RandyFloyd - that Caddy and your other drawings are excellent.
    Hot Rod Dirty's - the slight fish eye and gorgeous lighting and contrast make it a total standout! Of course it's Mark's favorite picture.
    57 Covette Bob - I don't know what kind of car it is, but the image is outstanding!
    Bomonster - I am still thinking about that masterpiece last week, tut this one is pretty cool too.
    ncjamey - amazing metalwork!
    rrbrucea - those paintings are so real looking - well done!
    BigNick1959 - home run on making that photo look old.
    racecarshots - some of the best salt shots ever!
    Beebing - that Cuda is so cool!

Everyone else - outstanding work!

Definitely the most unusual cool new thing this week!

Like everyone else here, my heart goes out to the Cains and anyone else who has ever lost a child at such a young age no matter what the cause. I have a daughter in that age bracket and the horror of loosing her is unimaginable.

27. RYZART

RYZART
    from NJ

28. RYZART

RYZART
    from NJ

29. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

30. hey lockwasher, that reminds me of this one by vondutch (his was functional tho;))

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.