Register now to get rid of these ads!

60'-70's Vintage Oval Track Modifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racemad55

racemad55

I think it's tonight-Wed. dam! I'm gonna be out that way on Fri too!

2. I watched your grandpa many, many times in the black and yellow 8 Ball car. He ran Husets in Sioux Falls for a couple of years and I got to know him at that time. He was both a gentleman and good clean but hard racer. You have a right to be proud.

3. Geoffav

Geoffav

It took me weeks in my spare time to explore each of the 547 pages of this thread. I resisted the temptation to post before completing my exploration and that was tough. If I had been into photography back then I could surely have provided some different angles for many of these images. My dad dabbled in racing and I attended races with him from as far back as I can remember. I was born May of 1958 and while I certainly don't remember it, I was at the 58 Southern 500. From that day until the mid 70's, when I went off to college, we attended every race we could get to from VA down to FL.

I tell you all this to say thanks to the contributors to this thread. Please don't stop and I would love to see more stuff from Langley Speedway. While there has been a ton of stuff posted about Ray Hendrick and I love it. I would love to see some Al Grinnan, Gene Lovelace, Eddie Crouse, Red Foote, and even local drivers like Bruce Warren.

AWESOME THREAD, recently when it's too hot to work in the shop I retreat to this thread and other historic/vintage racing links.

4. Denny Zimmerman

Denny Zimmerman

Hey Folks, Reunion Saturday, September 3rd at Old Dominion Speedway, Manassas VA.
    I can't make it this year but I went last year and had a blast. Denny

5. ds112

ds112
    from florida

Cam was a great guy. sorry to here this.

6. ds112

ds112
    from florida

Cam and his son Kim also raced 360 sprint cars in new york after the limited sportsmans Kim in the #11 Cam in the #1 Cam ran pretty damn good for his age to.

7. leadfoot4

leadfoot4

We need a "bump" to the top....Two days witout any chatter!!

8. Indy Bones

Indy Bones

Man, what a cool turnout of old-school Modified heroes at the 50th anniversary celebration at Utica-Rome Speedway (Vernon, NY) last Wednesday night. I spotted Dave Lape, Bill Wimble, Dick Fowler, Ron Narducci, Jon Button, Bernie Miller, Chip Lanz, and many others, then watched current-day dirt stars like Brett Hearn, Stewart Friesen, Bobby Varin, Alan and Danny Johnson, Pat Ward, Tim McCreadie, Ronnie Johnson, and others in a dandy 100-lapper, which ended up being Hearn's 802nd DOCUMENTED career victory. Pretty fine night, with great weather, fine racing, and lots of old friends ...

9. bob67

bob67

hey guys..I finally figured out how to get on .Im computer dumb!!!Now if i can learn how to post pictures ..Ive got a few. Just bought the ambrose 7-11 from joe krukowski.Its a real nice car.36 chevy with a big block.I cant wait to get it on a speedway!!!Oh hey i forgot to say who i am. Im Bob Krollage I owned and drove the 67 modifieds and midget at islip and a bunch of other places...hey harold are you there???got to talk to you!!!ill be calling you soon!

10. Willie41

Willie41

Did I miss something? Where did everybody go?

11. kholm65

kholm65
    from NY

Congrats Bob, that is one beautiful race car!

12. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Been trying to enjoy the summer and my scanner somehow got disengaged from my network....

Unfortunately, this guy had more determination than talent, but he grabbed a few wins along the way...his son Steve got the talent to go with the dermination and wound up driving for Dale Earnhardt Sr. in the Sprint Cup Series and grabbing a few wins before a serious crash and head injury in the Nationwide Series set him back...

Bob Park in his 19A Corvaire in the pits at Islip...next to Moose Hewitt in the #23 and I believe the 9A if Bob Holmberg in the background....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bob in his camaro, I believe on the Daytona Road Course....

[​IMG]

Bob spins in front of Joe Tizzi in the #16 at Stafford....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bobby in a tight pack at Oswego...the 2x being driven by Gene Bergin, Don Kroft in the 231, Bobby Vee and Jim Shampine...

[​IMG]

not sure where or who the photographer is on this one...

[​IMG]

Bob at Islip battling George Wagner in the X9 and Fred Harbach in the X90

[​IMG]

Bobby at Fulton battling Dave Nichols in the #34....this is one of the years that Bobby chased points as it said he flew in from North Carolina...maybe 1975 or 76....Cook was the only other driver really runnning for the championship

[​IMG]

Bobby at Shangri La with a spinning Don Diffendorf in the #40

[​IMG]

13. You've got some good shots of Bob's cars there JBull. Always liked wathing him and Bill run. Bill is still at it and was running strong. Lost his main sponser from what I understand and not quite the charger he was this year.

14. LEE GREENAWALT

LEE GREENAWALT

EMMR / WGOT Convention action, 8-20-11 Lincoln Speedway track time. enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Jared71161

Jared71161

Nice Pics JBull... "not sure where or who the photographer is on this one..."
    That was taken at Stafford. In the background is the Stafford pace car and behind the stands is what used to be called Ronnie's Clubhouse.

16. EVR_99

EVR_99

17. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Screwed themselves, should have left it a sucussful Dirt Track. The olde packed house Nascar Modified days are over, unfortune.

18. ARCA Guy

ARCA Guy

19. Flyin'Brian12

Flyin'Brian12

Maynard Troyer with Lancaster promoter, Jim Vollersten

20. ARCA Guy

ARCA Guy

[​IMG]
    Whats wrong with this picture? 1976 show at Cayuga with races for Late Models and Modifieds. Ed Howe pictured here won the late model show then entered the modified race as well finishing 3rd to Roger Triechler and Evans. Tough feat considering how much heavier the camaro was!

21. ARCA Guy

ARCA Guy

Another of Troyer at Lancaster 1976

[​IMG]

22. ARCA Guy

ARCA Guy

Another shot from Cayuga [​IMG]

23. JBull

JBull
    from NY

Another set of Bobby Park

another shot of his camaro....

[​IMG]

battling Richie Evans at Freeport....a lot of people have heard of three lane Wayne on the island, but Bobby was one tough guy to put a lap on.....

[​IMG]

A Brian Cholerton photo....this is the remains of Bobby's Capri at Islip after a wreck...this might have been the night he selt the altitude record when he climbed a wheel and got airborne hitting a light pole about 2/3 of the way up....knocked out the electricity, but kept him in the track and out of the stands....

[​IMG]

Bobby getting sideways in his #19 capri between Fred Sipala in the 16x and Mousey Kempster near the end of his driving career in the 3K Gremlin

[​IMG]

another shot from Brian Cholerton and some more trouble for Bobby Park caught in between Quinn Volgraff in the #99 and Frank "Mississippi" Curtis in the #32.....

[​IMG]

Bobby Parks again tangling with Frank Curtis in the #32, along with Tom Baldwin in the #7 and Gary Cretty in the #396

[​IMG]

Bobby Park in a mini modified gremlin

[​IMG]

Bobby in the #19 tangling with Cliff Tyler backwards in the #21, and Dan Jivanelli in the #44

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bobby again stacked up with Jim Tyler in the #08, Don Howe in the #34 and brother Bill Park in the #20

[​IMG]

24. goodoledays

goodoledays

I think that was Billy that hit the light in his coupe??

25. ARCA Guy

ARCA Guy

Big Crash - 1971 Lancaster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. ARCA Guy

ARCA Guy

27. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

My Dad and Friends always came back from Daytone wearing "Mac,s Famous Bar" Tee Shirts

28. It was Bill Park, I just had him tell the story to Ryan Preece a few weeks back.

29. shamrock 3x

shamrock 3x

Dr. John,

The Bill Rafter coach in post 10,950 looks like an ex-Roger Treichler car. Is it? I thought I'd seen most of Rafter's cars, but don't remember that one.

30. LEE GREENAWALT

LEE GREENAWALT

Stock cars at Latimore Valley for the WGOT/EMMR Convention 8-21-2011. enjoy! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.