Register now to get rid of these ads!

America's most beautiful track roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopper cliff, Aug 25, 2011.

1. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

This month Rod & Custom has afeature on this car, and what is best is I grew up hearing about, and it's demise. The car was owned by Albert Dal Porto a Linden Ca, farmer, built by Ray Righetti, and John Arracalde, local boys. Being a heavy equipment mech and a Linden native, I got 1st info from these folk. Al is 1 of my customers and is still farming at 90+, and I am 1 of Ray's customers, still building engines at 80+ Ray now builds HD Diesel engines but still builds Flatheads. Getting up close and personal with the car and it's new owner at Pomona this year was like going to heaven. The remains were found at Carl's hot rod and vintage auto back yard ( 10+ acres) I have known and bought parts from him since I was about 14 , I am 60 now. John passed away several yr's ago and was known for his engines, Alot of history is in the Stkn, Lodi, Linden area of Ca, I raced at Kingdon drag strip, where alot of this history happened, proud to be apart of it. Chow, Cliff

2. Great story.

Pics?

3. alchemy

alchemy

Get the latest RnC. You won't be sorry.

4. Yes, worth buying the issue, killer car!

5. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

another great story.....excellant..

6. Very nice!! Worth the admission.

7. YES one of the nicest roadster ever built, I was really happy to see it had been restored!

8. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the article JB. Wow, spectacular car! I've always loved the use of the cutaway drawings, they always answer that "how did they...?" questions about a build. I better go get the mag, I gotta see more of this incredible piece.

Eric

9. NateSedan

NateSedan
    from Oregon

Thanks for posting. Since I got my RnC I have read the article 4 times. Killer stuff.
    -Nate

10. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I just read the story last week and it is amazeing how they were able to save and rebuilted it. I'm realy glad they did.

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

Wow...

Beautiful car.

I hope Coker will start making those 6.00X16 Firestone Indy tires to match the 7.60X16 he already has.

Then you'd have something that is really close to this setup.

I'd switch my Roadster over to them...

( Edit.
    Looks like the restored car is on the same size on all corners )

12. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

You ain't kidding, that thing is truly B-I-T-C-H-I-N.

13. seatex

seatex

Man, can the HAMB just get any better than that? fkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

14. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Unbelievable restore when you see what he started with.........outstanding car!

[​IMG]

15. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Loved that car when I first saw it in Hop Up waaayback. Never understood the surface transition from the wide nose to the narrower T cowl until seeing pictures of the restoration. Very interesting!

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Freakin' awesome!