Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Model T Battery?? What Is It??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scotch Buzzard King, Aug 23, 2011.

1. I found this the other day at an antique store. I thought that it was a device for Morse Code, but then I noticed a tag on the side of it that said 'Ford Model T Battery.' So my question is what the hell is it??

Attached Files:

2. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

hahaha Its a COIL!

3. Road Oiler

Road Oiler

It's a model T ignition coil.

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yep there were 4 of them!!

5. VespaJay

VespaJay

6. nickk

nickk

i learned what these was yesterday :)

7. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Get crossed up on the terminals and they will knock your socks off.

8. 29pu

29pu

with 15 million model t`s built that would be 60 million coils produced just for what came off the line.with replacement coils,there must be around a whole lot of them around.

9. Holy Shit?! A coil? Really?! I would have never guessed. And FOUR of them??! Wow. I mean really. Wow. :eek:

10. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

This is what they look like...in the T, I have.

Attached Files:

11. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Model T coils are a load of fun, the oldtimers will know what I am talking about.

12. I thought everbody had one on the shelf? I grew up around antiquers

13. I'm in love! :eek:

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

Old Kats used to use them to do the flame throwers out the pipes!!

15. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

And we'd shock the piss out of people. :D

16. Only place, in my opinion, that's cooler than my hometown is Muskogee, OK. I'm a HUGE Merle fan my friend. Good job on being cool man. :cool:

17. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

A friend of mine had a 56 Ford Vickie with the woven seat covers. He wove a single strand wire into the seat cover and hooked it to a T coil through a momentary push button. If you were sitting on the wire and he pushed the button...well you can imagine. Made the girls jump over his way.

18. chaddilac

chaddilac

Ha! that's funny, my uncle helped get Merle started, He was the first guy Merle contacted after he got outta jail when he was starting his band! My uncle was his guitarist for a few years and they were friends ever since!

OKIE from Muskogee!!!

19. I love it man!! I got to see Merle in concert a few years back, and it was one of the best shows I ever saw. He said while he was up on stage that his first ever show with the Strangers was at an old bar in Amarillo called, "The Clover Room." He said that anyone can get a good start in Amarillo. Well I say that it all starts in Muskogee. :D

20. model T had individual coils per cylinder and a crank "sensor" like all the new cars.

'

21. Lmao!!! *Tear* I'm going to have to remember that one. Put that old thing to use. Ha :D Ha

22. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

The Model T used planetary gears in the transmission much like modern automatic transmissions too.

23. snaptwo

snaptwo

A friend grew up in So.Cal. and his first job was working after school in the neighborhood gas station. In front of said gas station was a strip of grass between the sidewalk and the station apron. Everyday he had to clean up after a german shepard who felt it was his duty to fertilize and water by lifting his leg on the light pole in the grass. Ray got tired of this and approached the station grease monkey and between them they devised a plan to attach a "T" coil to that pole. Cut to the chase , Rinty lifts his leg , sparks fly,yelps follow and he would cross the street ever after on his daily walk !!