Register now to get rid of these ads!

Minneapolis area hambers, educate me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob Dobolina, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

Thinking about a possible relocation, need to find out what happens in the area, car wise. Shops, (possibly building/wiring related) decent shows/get togethers.. ect.

thanks,
    mike

2. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

We have Minnesota Street Rod Assn and their Back to The 50's car show, Many differebt types of car clubs in the area, many shows and cruise nights all season.
    Look on Auto Walk and on the Minnesota Street Rod Assn web pages for event listings.
    We have many Street Rod shops in the area, many capible of building award winning cars.
    On building pm me direct as I have experience in building both homes and commericial buildings. What kind of business are you planing?

jim h

3. 2MNYTYS

2MNYTYS
    from MN

4. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Winter comes fast and summer comes slow, there really isn't a spring or a fall. After moving up here from Missouri I can see now why nobody retires and moves north. If you have never lived that far north before you'll have to experience winter to believe it. I got stranded in the worst blizzard of my life in the middle of Iowa last December 12th, three weeks earlier I was fishing out of the boat on a local lake. The climate up here can be a real deal breaker but being comfortable is all about preparedness. With that said I live two hours south of the Twin Cities and would move to Minnesota in a minute. Minnesota is a great place to live. The people are for the most part friendly and the upper Midwest is a pretty safe place to live and raise a family. Lots of car clubs and car culture but just remember that it's seasonal. The Dakotas still have plenty of “barn finds” if you are into projects. Get a place with a heated garage to work in the winter and you are all set.

5. The Twin Cities are my second home. Have lots of family there, lived there for a couple years. When it comes to large Metros it is one of the nicest. LOTS to do. Summer is one large festival.

6. J Twitero

J Twitero
    from Minnesota

St. Cloud (about an hour NE of the cities on I94) just had their anual car show this past Sunday, over 700 beautiful cars, huge swap meet (last couple years I think its been a bigger swap than BTT50's) car corral, etc. There is quite a bit going on throughout the good weather months within an hour or two of the cities.

7. sinks88

sinks88

Come on up!!!!

8. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

There is a lot going on in MN car wise. Shows, drags, roundy rounds, lots of bikes, etc. Are you looking for a job at a car shop or looking for a shop to do work?