Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rumblers show shut down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratrod37, Aug 20, 2011.

1. motiveauto

motiveauto

2. monsterflake

monsterflake

the street machine nationals were pretty awesome, weren't they?

3. 100% Matt

100% Matt

This sums it up....

Attached Files:

4. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Nicely said.

There is nothing tough or cool when you are acting like a silly 14 year old.
    What is with there always being a supposed grown man acting like a bad 14 year old?
    Please tell me why that is cool?

5. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Ps
    I have been wanting to go to this show for years. I plan on making it one day.
    Great show.

6. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

i could of pulled it off but she wasn't any help. not enough ballast i guess. she said i was cute so i had to take her for a ride.

[​IMG]

7. Jimv

Jimv

Sorry man! I feel your pain!!lol
    JimV

Attached Files:

8. gonzo

gonzo

Pat Pryor is clearly at fault.

9. lmao!!!! How did you know???

10. Big Nick

Big Nick

Thats what happens when you wheelie your hotrod!

11. gearhead77

gearhead77

Maybe it is too late to milk this tread for real information, but my girl sent me a text while I was fleeing the scene asking me to buy her a shirt. I figured the cops wouldn't take, "My girlfriend wants a T-shirt." as a valid reason to get past them to get to the table, which was probably shut down by then anyway, so if anyone has a way I can get a leftover shirt that would be very appreciated.

12. We do still have shirts available. PM me

13. Jimv

Jimv

No, just doing burnouts & driving like a idiot about 90% of the time! Bad part is that this happen to me on a "reliability" run!!lol
    JimV

14. Big Nick

Big Nick

Of course, where else would that happen;)

15. monsterflake

monsterflake

16. doublenickels

doublenickels

I couldn't have said this any better. Dude you should be running for president

17. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Did anyone feel the aftershock of that moron falling off his bike?

18. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Did anyone feel the aftershock of that moron falling off his bike?

19. cederholm

cederholm

:DNow THAT'S funny!

20. Clik

Clik

Steppenwolf was more popular with Bikers and Hot Rodders than hippies. Besides, we were in the crowd looking for the hippie who hit our shiny black, built to the hilt 69 Dart GTS with a brick. :mad::mad::mad:

21. Is it just me or is this video kind of creepy. You know in that sort of I've been watching you without you knowing and now I'm going to make a jumpsuit out of your skin kind of way.:eek:

22. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

The above does a very good job of helping putting things in perpsective.

For those who are fixated whether the issues was the roller bladers or the bikers or the rodders, you are completely missing the point. As is said in 'A Bronx Tale': "NOBODY CARES!". Think about the big picture.

The cops are paid TO WIN. Not to drop their revolvers and fight the bad guy mano-a-mano. They are paid to win. They do not give a crap whose fault it is, they only care about what they need to do to win.

Yes, this is a heavy-duty area. (Actually, not as bad as where I went to school, a few blocks away.) Underneath the BQE is where the show is, with the BQE one of the heaviest-duty roadways anywhere. The show location is also, what, a mile or so as the crow flies from Ground Zero? And we are already seeing spontaneous mob situations in places like London?

Does anyone actually think the NYPD gives a crap about one guy on a bike, or whatever else? They only care about what they need to do 'to win', and they know how to do it (a lot better than most police departments).

I was not at the show this year but I have been in the past. The NYPD has always been very accomodating about a few burnouts and the like. A cop doing a burnout? That is cop-speak for 'let me try to break the tension'. To the poster who said a cop told him to not to worry about packing up right away, that was cop-speak for 'I know you are not a problem'.

Once things cross some line, the line that tells the brass that they need to ensure that they are in complete control, then the show is over. Everyone go home. That is the nature of police work in a big city. It might suck but really guys, stop whining about it. It was a lot of people in a tight area, a lot of vehicles, potentially some tension, whatever: time to stop.

That's really it. The cops are paid to win. And they did: no one hurt, no one arrested, no problems at all.

It would be so easy for the City to just act like the TSA does: arbitrarily and without much logic, just don't allow the show in the first place. The show was on, the cars were out, everyone had a great time. Perhaps the NYPD deserves some credit for that.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  23. 52pig

52pig

Show looked like a blast.

Can't wait to make it out there next year!

Every one did great. Rumblers' shows are always a blast, I miss the Night of the Living Sleds out here.

24. Well put plym49.........

25. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Hot rods and motorcycles are dangerous, next year they all have to be on trailers!! WTF, cant belive the shit that was posted on here!?!?!?!

26. flameboyzero

flameboyzero

re: post #124... i was there 2 years ago and i remember the guy in the black wagon started everything....

27. chopperfugger

chopperfugger
    from austin

I just think it was wheelie, wheelie stupid.

28. kustom_kitten

kustom_kitten

That's what you get for letting the Hells Angels get shit faced in your bar...

I have a love/hate relationship with those guys. Bad ass, but obnoxious thug assholes.

29. I wasn't aware that Angels were derelicts. Of course I could be mistaken.

That said I have never dated an Angel maybe its different in that situation.

30. 100% Matt

100% Matt

They werent "shitfaced" nor did they start the trouble....