Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 2011 H.A.M.B. Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. NoSurf

NoSurf

That was fun.

We should do it again next year.

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Again, my favorite event of the year bar none... and it's the people that make it...

4. BLAKE

BLAKE

Any time, boss... you know that.

Big thanks to to Ryan, Marcie, and the whole crew for letting us play a small role in this special event... wouldn't miss it for the world.

Spectating at drag races...? Easy.

[​IMG]

5. sololobo

sololobo

Hey Ryan, this was an awe inspiring year for the event, so many cool happenings I didn't know what to see next. Some historical passes that provided thrills a plenty. The best part is seeing my friends from all over having a blast and grinnin from ear to ear. My Rusty Ranch Wagon broke on the way down, we managed to get two tranny's from my pal Tim Powell, tjmercury on the H.A.M.B., his dad drove two hours each way into Oklahoma to bring these back to try and fix Rusty, no luck, but what beautiful people this forum brings out, amazing. We had a ball hanging with our Oklahoma friends, the Powell gang Tim, Kelli, Kaleb and Caitlyn, we all have grand kids and just adopted some more. Thanx for everything and it was another Carl and Crew spectacular. Oh, a hint, watch your speed thru downtown Horton, they have no sense of humor!, ask Rob Lee ~sololobo~

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  6. Awesome weekend!!

[​IMG]

TJJ on iPhone

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

These two coupes looked killer going down the track together... Quick too.

8. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

The drags were great. I put my youngest brother in the old truck. He is 53 years old and had never been down the quarter mile. One of the greatest days of my life. Thanks so much.

John

9. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't think it could have been any better. The car count was perfect, everybody got to run, it was smooth as hell.

Ryan, thanks again for all the hard work from you and the entire crew. It is a huge undertaking to pull off something like that and you guys have done it every year.

Thanks again and see you next year. -Abone.

10. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

one year i will make this one, atleast i can donate to the charity auction. hope who ever got my print enjoys it.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It wasn't the same without you making laps man...

And yeah... I should thank you and everyone else that donated to the auctions... We are gonna make damn sure that money goes somewhere it is needed. Thank you!

12. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks for another great year Ryan and company. Was very special for me this year being able to bring my son for the first time. We were on the back side of a trip through Vegas and Huntington Beach Ca. driving a late model so I didnt have time to get back to Omaha and bring the 40.
    The quality of racecars was amazing, I don't ever remember seeing that many 10 sec. passes. We had a blast !!!
    and yes Ryno is one of the good ones. A saint for many reasons. Gary

13. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

Much like momma, if the track owner is happy, everybody is happy.

Being a dragster guy, I loved Bobby Hilton's "Little Honker" and he is creating a new tradition of a push start run to end the show. Timing blocks everywhere now fear Brian Fox. Bobby and Brian should get together and discuss the art of peddling. Brian's car is perfect, and he has the flame mask and ball cap to go with it. Enjoyed watching all the diggers, including Kerry's new ride and the LS powered car. Cool stuff

I wanted to get out of the tower and look at many things, and talk to many people, didn't really get the chance.

We had three concessions going and still had lines, we will work on that.

If you like this sort of thing , come and see us October 9th for our American Hot Rod Reunion!

14. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Looks like an awesome event, and very well organized too.
    Great job!
    I hope in the future to be able to attend this cool time!
    Cheers......

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks Ryan for the event!!!! I had so much fun and I know the other guys did too!!!

16. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

That's my friend Tom (Tsquared) with the white '40. He makes it rip!

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks like a bucket list event to hit one of these days.

18. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

A great event, period. You can't really describe it to people that don't get it, but to us that do, what a blast! Thanks for all of the hard work that goes in to putting it together.

Plus a big hand to Ryno, Bill and all the volunteers that have and are making a real difference to the folks in Joplin.

19. crazy wheel

crazy wheel
    from Missouri

We (my youngest son, his girlfriend and I) went.
    This was the first time we have ever went to a drag race.
    We really enjoyed the day.

Thanks to all the folks that made it happen, including the folks that were racing.

20. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Thanks Ryan it was a blast. Sorry about the styrafoam blocks. I told Fox if he lifted this time I was gonna pull his beard hairs out one by one. When he returned from the pass he said "Looks like the beard stays huh?" :D Lippy

21. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

He also broke his motor on that last run against RODSHOP.

Tom

22. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Your car looked great goin down the track. Gary

23. Ryan- Every thing about the weekend was great, with one exception, I no longer have a car to race. Last year was the first time I had ever been down a drag strip with a tree and timing lights. To those that haven't done it, DO IT. Thanks for putting the effort into this deal for us. Ryno ought to be the HAMBer of the year with all the stuff he has done this year.
    Later,
    Dick

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Room = $100.
    Fuel = $523.
    Miles = 1800
    Memories = priceless...seriously

Words just can't describe the weekend. My favorite of the whole year. Thanks to all my buds for making it so special.

Blacktopbudda and Ryno, you both are true heros, thanks

25. This is The Best event on the HAMB... I miss you all!!!

If all works out for me... I'll be there with something special next year!

26. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

Thanks Ryan, Ryno, and everyone else that made the event happen!!! This was our first year at the drags, and thought it was amazing. Everyone was very easy going and a blast to hang out with. Those Yay-hoo's are a crazy bunch that fit right in with the SFCC. It was great meeting everyone and can't wait to see ya'll again!!!!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  27. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Hamb drags have cut my car shows down to about zilch.
    Nothing else can compare, so it's my sole summer destination.
    Thanks as always.

I'm ready for #10!

28. I figured out why I am salty at the end of saturday...cause I am like a spoiled brat that doesnt want the day to end! It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. Funny how when you make this event only every few years, the people seem like you just saw them yesterday. I noticed a big difference in the type of cars this year and enjoyed the change. I want to thank the boys from California for leaving their great state. It was great to meet you guys in person. Kev, thanks for going to the line with me. I hope somebody got pictures/video of that. Next time I am sure your car will be dialed in and give me fits. I also hope that somebody got a video of my pass with the seven car, he was alot faster so as I was doing my thing, out of the corner of my eye I could see him too....that pass was fun! I very much enjoyed having Rooman as my passenger to the drags, he has some great stories and information, hope I didn't ask too many questions....if only it was closer, I would never miss it!

29. Mikeszcz

Mikeszcz
    from Winona, Mn

A big thanks to all involved. drag racing the way it used to be......FUN!

30. -Brent-

-Brent-

For the past few years I've squandered away vacation days and after Bonneville concludes I'm always kicking myself for not planning a little better. I think in 2012 I'll have to make the Drags.