Register now to get rid of these ads!

Live From Joplin!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Dig it!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

3. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Awesome, thanks! Any video of the PPE running against that bad ass T coupe?

4. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

I thought this was a flag race?

5. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

>Stickshift=delivering cars to KS,KS and Tulsa,OK

>Benno=thanks for the invite, but rolling NE through St. Louis

>all=good social gathering. Great to see old friends and make new ones. Really enjoyed the fellas from scorched Tulsa, OK...Chad, Mike and Tom

7. Wow! Cool vids! Can't wait to see more. looks like a great time

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

wow, another epic weekend.. I have pics uploading right now, but the wi fi in the hotel room sucks. So it may take a few.

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It works great if one has a facebook account. Thanks for sharing.

11. Dchaz

Dchaz

Really dig the orange T coupe. Is it from the hamb? Any more pics or a build thread on it ?
    Thanks for the pics from us that could not make it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  12. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

13. Kevan Sledge -

Here's the YouTube video that Barn Find T attempted to post at the bottom of post #59:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lg01Fk_26A?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lg01Fk_26A?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

NOTE: Barn Find T used his TJJ iPhone app to make that post and indavertently typed "[\YT]" instead of "[/MEDIA]".

14. Thx, I fixed it

& a pic of Kiwi Kev wheels up

[​IMG]

TJJ on iPhone

15. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Wild Bill Beierman from Creative Customs in St. Louis built that. I dont think hes a computer guy. He has built the "pink freak" and has had a bug eyed Sprite with a 409 in it, The "Suicide King" studebaker gasser and the orange Henry J at the HAMB drags in the past.

16. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Great video's thanks for sharing!

17. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Had a great time this weekend. My only complaint Ryan is the same thing as last year. Can you make some HAMB drags shirts in something other than black next year? If not white, maybe a charcoal or light gray? I heard several people voice the same thing. ;)

18. yblock292

yblock292

Ryan, thanks again for putting on a great time. The hotel parking lot was a hell of a party both friday and saturday nights. Races were great!Hell we even broke an axle in Kecks chevy 2 right on the line late sat. but damn it was fun. Got to visit with a bunch of our old friends we only see once a year.
    Thanks again, Jack

19. Yeah Ryan, Thanks!!! To you, Carl, and both of your crews for a GREAT weekend! The hotel scene was awesome and the Drags were too. More mellow than last year and run like a clock. Can't wipe the smile off of my face for getting the digger down the track, even if I still have a ton of learning to do. :)

20. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Same here, I would love to have one of the red shirts. The black shirts are just hotter than a two dollar pistol to wear at a car event to meet (?) other HAMB'rs.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

21. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Oh yea, I do agree & heard multiple compliments of how well it was organized this year (I heard a bunch from local spectators, not just the racers).

Oh yea, the "separate" parking for the old cars was a GREAT idea.

Thanks again!!! & it was great seeing some of the east and west coast HAMB'rs @ the event.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

Oh yea, on a side note...my favorite quote from the weekend was "Joplin Will Rebuild!"....that was tough driving to & from the drags seeing the destruction. But, tough in a good way....it REALLY touched me & my wife driving around on Sunday morning & taking it in....all I can say is that RYNO is a ruler!!! Sorry for my side-post...but, it's cool that the locals are taking care of the locals.

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Rollin'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We saw these two 'hooligans' on the way home driving 53mph....

23. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Ryan, thanks for putting on this bitchin event. I had a great time even though I was just a spectator this time. I have come to thimk that the drags are just an excuse to get together.

Jeff

24. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

I attended yesterday got there late since nobody posted any times of anything.saw about 2 hours of the racing good showing of cars.I plan on may be coming back next year but a schedule of events would be nice,some of us have work to do and cant be there Friday ahead of time to know whats going on.

25. Hey that's me up there! I didn't get much faster down the track, haha! We had a freakin' blast this weekend. Drove down, made three blistering 19 second (ok, one 20sec):eek: passes and drove home today. Thanks Ryan and crew and a special shout to the Chocolate Malt Mob!

26. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

That T Coupe of Bills was a collective effort between Bill and I . I built the chassis. It has a torque arm rear suspension with coil overs. Hemi , 4speed and a quick change rear.

27. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Oops, heres the pics.

Attached Files:

28. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Hey Mr. Fox that is some damn fine chassis work. I'm just glad Bill didnt murder the engine, he has been known to be hard on shit.

29. Deadbird

Deadbird

Had a great time at the Drags. Wish it wasn't so freakin' hot, but oh well. You guys all put on a great show and I loved every minute of it. Kerry is going to have a scary fast car once he gets comfortable with it. The build quality is top notch and it looks like a bunch of fun. I heard a rumor that at least some of the raw material for Bill's orange T came from Plowboy's stash.

30. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Yeah, your right the body came from Plowboy.