Register now to get rid of these ads!

11 Days & still waiting for my car..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichG

RichG

Another example of the power of the Hamb... glad you got your car.

...and yeah, let's see some pictures already!

2. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I'm glad to hear you finally got your car. Can't wait to see pictures.

3. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

Happy to hear you got your car finally!!!

4. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Awesome,hope the guy got a Mike Tyson style ear chewing too!

5. axle - I agree with you 100 % ;)

No one knows WHAT the agreed timeframe was between the parties
    regarding delivery (if any) ..... :confused:

No car was STOLEN here ...... :cool:

You get what you pay for ........

g1hotrod - your comments are way outta line :rolleyes:

Driving 15 to 16 hours in one 24 hour day is illegal & unsafe

Tracking movement on someone elses' cellphone that you
    have no contract with - contacting law enforcement to
    call the hauler - finding out where he lives to deal with
    him " accordingly " ...... :p

YOU are far more dangerous & unstable than the hauler

What happened here is that an impatient buyer of cheap transport
    got exactly what he paid for - nothing more

Jim

6. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Scary story....happy ending...you got your car.
    Good for you. Hope you enjoy it now.
    And as others have asked....pictures ??
    Cheers...........

7. choppedtudor

choppedtudor

over 2 weeks of waiting, 8 pages of comments, and NO PICS???? WTF???

8. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

We need closure! Show us some pics!!! :) Glad it worked out and this site and the community never cease to amaze me.

9. Trulyvintage & Axle.Neither of you seem to get it so I'll type very slowly and use small words so you can follow along.
    .T h e agreed time frame was two (2) days after pickup..In my imho the car was stolen after it wasn't delivered in said TWO (2) days. H E finally admitted twelve (12) days after pickup that he was in Florida but my car was still in Texas..I did not get what I paid for..On the 18th he called & said that he was leaving Tallahassee to deliver the car..He gave me his word that he was on the way..Yes I said"Give me your word that you are on the way" and he did..but once again didn't show.
    G1hotrod called me a couple of times as well as other Hambers asking if they could help..Having them call me was a help in itself,just having another human to commiserate with.Did you or Axle call me?? Nope..
    All of this could have been avoided IF he had just been honest with me..I understand some of the problems associated w/being a shipper,I would have been upset but I would have understood..But to keep telling me that its on the way was just WRONG!!
    Now the good news ..Its finally here.He called me at about 6pm and told me that he didn't appreciate all the phone calls that he was getting and all the bad things that I was posting about him :(
    Some of you know that I'm surrounded by convicted felons here and until yesterday I wasn't real happy about it BUT,before the car showed up.I went to a neighbor and explained the situation and he came over when the car got here.Hes better than a pit bull..I kept my mouth shut until the car was unloaded..then we had a discussion and of course he left angry as hell.THANK YOU HAMBERS.
    It even came w/a can of beer and a HAMB shifter and a 327.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  10. foghorn62

foghorn62

I always call BenD first for any of my transportation needs. If he can't do it, I ask for his recommendation. I feel good about anyone that he recommends. Ben is a Hamber, and very trustworthy. He is not going to recommend someone that he doesn’t trust.

11. Ben was my 1st call.He said that he couldnt get to it until September.I also e mailed/called the other HAMB transporters that I could find..Of course as I explained in an earlier post"If I had known that this would turn into such a clusterf*** I would have waited for a HAMB transporter."

12. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

The power of the HAMB is a wonderful thing.........:)

13. NateSedan

NateSedan
    from Oregon

Thanks for the pics it was worth waiting for. The case of beer was a great touch as well.

14. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Glad you got your car. Unfortunately when a deal goes bad, you sometimes have to take extreme measures to get things worked out. If G1hotrod and others hadn't gotten involved you'd still be waiting for your car.
    Someone mentioned driving 15-16 hours was unsafe and illegal. How many hours can two drivers go a day? I never saw where G1hotrod said he worked alone.

15. Traveling time is up to me as i deliver with my Pickup and trailer. DO NOT HAVE TO ABIDE BY THE CDL LAWS and i get the vehicles there on time. As fo rbeing dangerous and unstable: i am just fine. tacking a cell phone or someone is not illegal, My connections with law enforcement is vast and it is not illegal. The customer received his car!!!! and delaing wit him accordingly means having LAW ENFORCEMENT there to handle the complaint.......

16. I do not travlel alone, I always have another ride along, plus I help when help is needed and Oldfart needed the help. If the other guys doesnt like it then he isnt a true hamber and will downgrade and belittle anyone who is in the same bussines as he is. If he wants to take 7-10 days to travel and deliver somewhere that is can take 2 days to ge to, then so be it, TO EACH HIS OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

No, what happened here is you have ZERO reading comprehension... :rolleyes:

18. Read the entire Thread .... :cool:

He has been a HAMBer since 2005

He puts an ad in craigslist looking for a car hauler

He puts an ad on U Ship looking for a car hauler

He puts no post on the HAMB looking for a haul .... :confused:

In the posts you will see folks soliciting directly or indirectly
    for car hauling who are too cheap to join HAMB ALLIANCE

Next ..... :rolleyes:

He pays the guy thru a separate business ...

Since when does someone who sells candles transport cars .... :confused:

Like I said - lots of folks in line to buy cheap tickets
    for car hauling - they choose the line - they buy their ticket

Then - some of those folks don't like to wait in line a bit
    longer to get their car - they start to complain ....:(

This is a civil dispute between two parties - not an issue
    for law enforcement - not a reason to harrass or intimidate
    someone with law enforcement

The cheap hauler acted just like someone would expect

He delayed delivery - he never stole a car ..... ;)

The nature of any service done cheaply is - poor service

[​IMG]

Accept it & move on with things if you choose the cheap route

Inconvenience - delay - sometimes damage go hand in hand
    with cheaply priced service .....

Adults know that .... :)

Jim

19. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Jim, we have talked before about a haul. You will NEVER get my business, but several other Hamber's will. I do not and did not like your attitude towards hauling and the parties involved.

20. Expensive doesn't guarantee that you will get a high quality of service and cheap doesn't guarantee poor quality service. There's all kinds of service out there these days.

21. I'm truly glad you finally got your car "Oldfart", and thank you "g1HotRod, for helping out another HAMBer, that's the best part of this story.:D

22. brad chevy

brad chevy

Glad you got the car Oldfart. An agreement is just that it doesn"t matter whether its high dollar Truly Vintage or his competition. Truly Vintage just because you are an alliance member doesn"t make you any better than anyone else. 75% of your posts on here is trying to drum up business for yourself. If I made an agreement with you to deliver a car for me in a certain timeframe and you were 10 days late.No contact I would do the same thing Oldfart did. Ask for help to track you down and get my property. Your attitude towards this situation has already cost you one customer so next time put your brain in gear before you put your mouth in motion.

23. your very welcome, anytime i can help I will!!!!!!!!!!

ODLFART has expressed his thanks many of time to me and others...

We are all family here, i build cars for customers and i haul for them too, its not always about money, its about the commeradery of the industry. there might be alot of Transport people that are alliance members and will give you a deal (well sort of) but they are all in it for the money. don't get me wrong we all need to make a living but again ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!!

24. fltowndon32571

fltowndon32571
    from pace fla

i saw this car on a single car trailer last friday in milton fla at a store on a exit off i-10. the back door was a one piece door like a hearst has i belive this was the car a chevy doony

25. threeston

threeston

Nice project, worth the wait. Time to get to work.

26. fbama73

fbama73

If the guy said two days to deliver, he should have had it there in two days. If not, HE should have been calling the customer to explain the situation.

I don't give half a shit about the price- the bottom line is you deliver when you say you will. Things happen, we all understand that, but in those situations, it is up to the service provider to initiate the communication. That has nothing to do with price- that has to do with whether or not you're a real man.

27. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

The drama gets old here, but I am real happy you got your car.

Kudos to the Hambers that helped you out!

28. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

The hauler didn't "delay" delivery, HE LIED ABOUT WHERE HE WAS every time he was asked. Ok, you're having trouble getting my car here on time because you are getting pulled here and there on your way. That's understandable to a point. Dissapointing, but understandable. BUT this transporter lied about everything every time he was asked. If I was paying anyone anything, I wouldn't tolerate the lying. It was pretty obvious that he wasn't anywhere near Florida when he had said he was. The lies don't even make any sense.:confused: He could have at least made up some believable lies.

29. flatout65

flatout65
    from mid tenn

^ this

you're doin zero favors for yourself or your business imo... it is possible to not have to pay through the teeth to get good customer service. ive never spoken to you but its pretty obvious your additude sux:rolleyes:

30. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

EXACTLY! That's where the transporter screwed up. A little honest communication goes a long way.
    I'm glad he got the car and it's good to see people on here looking out for one another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.