Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever see one of these?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woody, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

I'm sure there was a quite a good write up in the " American Hot Rod" book about Shannafelt gear.I've never seen a manifold up close but I have seen heads in...New Zealand of all places.
    re the second post....PMSL

2. rws32000

rws32000

Yup, Shanafelt. My up country relation be livin in the big city. He made intakes and heads. Also made a few exhaust manifolds. Some kool stuff. If you have any let me know. I am buying.

3. playing this game is never cheap ...
    pay or don't play
    ... some folks here do get "LUCKY "now and again
    most just seem to gripe about the costs ....
    some boast of there big score's
    even i do it

alright now go get that manifold ...or don't

4. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

yeah,,this is an old ass thread,,,,what I said back then is totally irrelavent now,.,,,

pretty much a totally different world now in regards to the *cough* "traditional" scene,,,,,.,,,

5. Missed it by that much!

6. Whatever happened to the days of a $75.00 manifold. eeeeggggggghhhhhhh>>>>.

7. I do friend.

Damned shame, I'da liked to see it on the road myself.
    Don't sweat it something else will come along, equally cool or better. Always does.

8. Dirty2

Dirty2

Boy this is an old post ! I did sell the sedan .

9. Paul

Paul
    Editor

do you think threads will keep surfacing forever?

10. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Danny you probably should off that old 5 window thing before the bottom falls out of the duece market.lol

11. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Sounds like someone needs a dose of Computer Animated Small Block Chevy.

12. Abomination

Abomination

It's the nature of the beast, I'm afraid... :)

~Jason

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I fell asleep right after Kustombuilder set us all straight on this subject. anything significant happen after that?

Frank

14. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Frank Van Winkle is that you?

15. Dirty2

Dirty2

Like always, I will prob. wait to long. :D

16. gaschevy

gaschevy
    BANNED

Flathead = no power, block cracking , boat mooring anyway. Pffft!!!!

17. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

if it wasnt for the flathead, Traditional Rodding would have started 30 years later...............Geesh whats with these new kids anyway?!?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  18. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

I had to quote this one...........The date of this quote is July 9th 2005, this is 3 years later and i really dont think the Traditional Hotrod craze is going anywhere. with the help of HAMB and all of the Traditional shows that our clubs are putting on i think it is here to stay.(which is a good thing) I have talked with several "Chainers" and they are like me, we are glad to see that Hot Rodding is getting back to its roots and away from the restyled "Phantom" type builds that Boyd and a few others were doing. and most of them are building a Traditional Rod as we speak or has just built one in the last year or so. One of my "Chainer" friends has a few of Boyds, Troy Trapenier, Lobeck built rides, has jumped head first into racing at Bonnieville because the Traditional movement has brought back the magic of the good ol days. (which is a REALLY good thing) Now our grand kids can go out there and see some land speed records set and broken!!

As far as the prices dropping on the parts that we so long for it might happen, but it will be through the reproduction of the originals. fortunately through the reproduction process we have a better chance in getting the more rare and pricey pieces that 10 years ago you couldnt find and had to leave it on the wish list forever. and with the popularity of the Traditional movement a lot of the manufactures have brought back pieces that they stopped production on years ago. but like Rocky stated about the prices, i too would never put it in writing either!!

the $500 deuce barnfind is long gone.........................i just hope the monochrome billet look of the 80's stays in the history books.

19. gaschevy

gaschevy
    BANNED

Not a new kid.........just use motors with a little more horsepower than my lawn tractor.

20. "Traditional is for pussies that don't now how to build a car without rules."

Did I miss something, or is this no longer a traditional hot rod/custom website?

21. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Rocky might be right, a year ago every car on evilbay was listed as a rat rod, I had even seen a prime 454 Chevelle listed as rat rod, now how often is that term used.

22. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

23. 31fullrace

31fullrace

Hello I have a set of v8 60 Shanafelt heads i would sell to finance my current project.

24. hhaahah i was thinking the same thing. its like damn bring up a three year old thread. lol

25. hari kari

hari kari
    from michigan

I know this is an old thread but that is a cool intake

26. Oh make that a 10 year old thread. :rolleyes:

yep cool intake I don't f doubt that it is stored away in someone's collection by now but you never know, maybe someone actually used it.

27. I think I may have to piss backwards regarding this old 10 year old post....stuff is worth even MORE now! ...er, except for the stuff I sell at swap meets apparently

lewk likes this.
  28. Here's another one for this old ass thread! flathead-intake-manifold-collection+2x2s.jpg

29. Zerk

Zerk

Possibly. Not complaining, though. The continuity of the HAMB serves us, if we use it right. And with the search feature Googleized the usefulness of old posts will increase.