Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Coupe or Roadster? Watcha think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choppa Hanee, Aug 21, 2011.

1. I own the coupe right now and might have a chance to trade it for the roadster pictured. The coupe is in better shape (amateur restoration back in the early 90's) roadster is all original with a gray primer spray job with a few missing pc's. Should I pull the trigger? What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

First off do you plan to enjoy them as is or are they future Hot Rod projects? I'm siding with the Coupe.

3. -Brent-

-Brent-

A fairly complete 28/29 roadster would be hard to turn down in my opinion. What's the car look like up close?

4. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Instead of asking us, take a week or so to think it over.
    Do what you think will bring you the most enjoyable car.

5. 2935ford

2935ford

Tough decision as both are nice cars....but Roadster is my choice!

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

That would be tough! Glad I don't have to chose.

8. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

A '29 roadster is prettier and more valuable than a '30 coupe, but which one do you wanna drive?

10. raidmagic

raidmagic

Coupe!! I've been caught in the rain twice now with my T-bucket...I believe I'd trade it in an instant for the right coupe.

11. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

Depends weather or not you want to do work on the roadster! If you just want a fairly complete car and you don't have to do much get the coupe.

From the looks, the trade would be better for you. If the roadster doesn't have any value to you, I'd do the trade. Good luck deciding!

12. Thanks for all your comments, It will be a future project that will become a hot rod. I'm working on a rusted out Tudor right now and the coupe was on my sights as my next target but I have to admit I have been losing sleep over this roadster, the present owner is waiting on a title and might be interested in my coupe as trade........tough decision, however, as I told a friend of mind, there's something about having the wind in your face and as for the rain issue it's pretty none-existing in good 'ol AZ.

13. yeah buddy..coupe for sure if it was a '34;)

14. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

they don't remake 30 coupes, 28/29 roaders on the other hand...looks like you'd be trading down but if your looking for something to blow your hair back....

15. F&J

F&J

Guys who love driving roadsters will never be without one..

Guys who live in colder or wetter climates, and don't like driving a roadster, will never own another. I am in group #2, I will never own one again.

16. Roadster baby!

A '29 roadster is on my to do list.

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

very tough... i say roadster though.

18. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Coupes are for chickens.

19. Forddraggin

Forddraggin

I like both coupes and roadsters its a hard choice but I would probably stay with coupe.

20. jipp

jipp

as i live in az we do not really get rain, so far this year i can count on my hands how many times its rained.. roadster all the way to the bank..
    chris

21. Rain no, blazing unrelenting heat-yes. At least you are shaded in a coupe. With the windows down and the windshield open, I bet the coupe is cooler (temp wise) when cruising.

22. erlomd

erlomd

well, you've had the coupe for how long? if you've enjoyed it and its time to move on...then by all means, move on...I love that coupe but INHO I love the potential that roadster has....either way its tough to loose on this decision

23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Keep the coupe, buy the roadster. If you can do it that's the way to go. Even if you have to borrow (at a decent rate) for the roadster.

24. I would go with the roadster - personally, I don't care for the '30/'31 Model A but love the '28/'29.

Steve

25. OLLIN

OLLIN

I'd be taking out a loan to buy the roadster also! I guess I am sick...

26. jipp

jipp

i dunno, probably.. but im acclimate to this heat.. dose not really bug me till we get to around 112F.

chris.

27. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

How big are you and partener? Coupe has bigger ass plate.

28. squidnut12

squidnut12

Roadster all day long but it really depends on what you wanna do. You wanna do alot of work because you have the sickness....trade. If you just wanna drive stick with the coupe.

29. I'm kinda big 6' 1" 200lbs and i got a little chickee so either one would work for us

30. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

Oldcarfart is right. You might want to try a roadster on for size at a cruise night or car show before you decide. I have a 29 roadster and I'm also 6'1" and 200 lbs. I love the roadster, but it's snug. Good luck.