Register now to get rid of these ads!

There's a new name going on the Yay-Hoo Cup!

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by buzzard, Aug 6, 2011.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Hahaha. If there were bonus point available for the Yay-Hoo Cup, that would certainly earn plenty of them!

2. Freeland

Freeland

well reading this thread has inspired me to work a little harder on the misc mubo jumbo of parts in ye olde garage... so, if not in iraqistan next year. next year is the goal.

3. BLAINE 816

BLAINE 816

We are leaving from Excelsior Springs Mo. book shows 155 miles, is that far enough.

4. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Drove from Tulsa to Indy and back one year with a 4.10 gear and L-60's. Of course that was back when the speed limit was 55.Remember those days?

Sounds like your going in the right direction with a taller tire though.

Like to see all the cars that are signed up for this deal make their runs together so you know who's in the hunt.

5. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

5 miles over to be precise. Yes.

AWESOME!

6. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Man NO truer words have ever been spoken! Amen brother! Amen!

7. ryno

ryno

ya i know..but i just love seeing that fucking thing run, its not even the fact that it runs so well, its the whole package. your attitude, good looks, etc.

i hear you though, its tuff to know something will break, or be a pussy and keep it together? that's why i build myself customs, or is it kustoms?

nothing but love buddy, see ya fucks soon.

8. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

Ryno - I love you!!!!!! What a great way to start my Friday by reading your post above. Cannot wait to see you next week...dirtbag! HA!

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I need to build a Hot Rod and bring it instead of that silly Custom I keep driving...

10. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

I like your "silly" custom Scott!!! Cannot wait to see you either. :D

11. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

well it looks like we have it worked out so i can drive! we're sending the kids up on UPS and can pick em up at the bus station at mid night thur! boy thought i'd never get that figured out! so me and a buddy(daschaefer in his 30 model A bbc with blower) will be leaving thur morn from hot springs, ark on hwy 71n thru ft. smith then on up to joplin! we sure would like to meet up with anyone close to that route and ride up together. that way if something happens to your car i can pull you on in!

12. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

13. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

14. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

well....a little fly in the ointment! i thought since i built this motor 9yrs ago and i've never pulled the valve covers off(except to change them once) i might ought to check the valves and maybe adjust them for the "big road trip". well was i surprised! i had 1 ex valve stem in each head just beat all up smooth and 1 push rod was bent on another ex valve! i don't see how the keepers were still keepin'. that was at 5:15 this afetrnoon 1st pic then at 6 it looked like the last pic. well...plenty to do before we head out thur morning, just thought i'd show you what was going on in my world! lol....glad i ck'd the valves!

Attached Files:

15. daschaefer

daschaefer

Reggie....

I hated to hear it for you but its good to know that Im not the only one showing up with bloody knuckles..

Ive been thrashing the last thee days. I started this morning at 3 am, finished my headers by noon (notice picture with old dirty motor in the mounts), tacked the portwork on the second head by 9 pm, me a my boys had the old worn-out drive-train out by midnight. I will start early, put valves/springs in the second head and HOPEFULLY complete eng by noon tomorrow, install motor/trans and if it runs I will see you for the 300+ mile drive on Thursday morn!!!!!

Mabey we should sponcer a new trophy for dummies like us that decide to practice pit-crew engine rebuilding the day before the race are too dumb to give up.

You can do it!!!!

Hopefully these pics are loaded correctly ...

Jason,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  16. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Yikes! All those fucking wheelies haha!

Stock length pushrods? Hyd. or solid tappets? Slap that bitch back together & run the valves....win cup. In that order haha!

Go Reggie!

Lookin good Jason! Burn that midnight oil.....drive her there and run her hard!

17. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

ya stock pushrods hyd. camshaft stock rockers...it's really hard to compete with you high dollar guys! lol. i'm just about back together. i had to get 4 intake pushrods that were bent...no wonder this things been popping at the top end so bad. with all this fixed i may be able to break into the 11's!...11 mpg! i'm still having a blast and can't wait to drive off thur am.

18. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Kick ass! Drive safely & bring lottsa gas money:D

19. brad fuller

brad fuller
    from toronto ks

there is no way I qualify for this but it is so cool makes me think about putting a tag on my racecar and moving 30 more miles away from joplin

20. BLAKE

BLAKE

We have our winner... and the quickest run ever recorded on The Cup. More details to come, but how's a 10.61 at 128 mph sound? :D

21. And I wasn't even there :D

22. ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD????? Who is it? How far away???

23. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

I was only off by 2 seconds! I did make it home by the way, and the only problem I had was the baffle broke loose in my header and it sounded like the right header was full of pots and pans for the last 200 miles. Oh, and 10 miles from home my buddy almost got creamed by some idjit in a minivan. I was good to meet you guys, I will try harder next year!

JW

24. BLAKE

BLAKE

Just made it back to Austin... full write-up and pics are pending, but big hint in post #46 above!!! :D

25. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

good seeing you again and i enjoyed watching you take it down the track!

26. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Where the hell were you ??? I had planned on a parking lot bench race, or at least a little story time>>>

tom

27. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Good to see you too Reggie! Super cool you drove it there. You get the Organgrinder home o.k?

28. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

i went to okie city from there this morning and will head home thur. it's on the trailer taking it easy being a trailer queen!

29. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I won't spoil the suprise, but I will say the guy who won it did so most deservingly and in dramatic fashion. It was pretty fucking awesome to witness.

Who can ever beat this record, I don't know....

See ya, -Abone.

30. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Reggie, your little car kicked ass too. That is a Hell of a drive with 4.11 gears..

See ya, -Abone.