Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rumblers show shut down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratrod37, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

From what I heard from a few friends the guy dumped the bike.His friends helped him move the bike,cleaned him up and smoothed it out with the cops.I didn't see any fight so i'm not commenting on that.All I know is that all the people in the show parking lots were calmer than previous years and just enjoying the show till a cop in riot gear walked up to you and told you to get in your car and leave or your car would be towed.I really think they blew whatever happened way out of proportion and could have made things really bad.As far as the complaints the show was not really any different than other years so I dont know why there would be over 200 complaints.The Rumblers had a permit for the show like every year.If people were complaining it was probably the newer people that moved into a "Cool" neighborhood and then complain about things that have been going on there way before they moved there.It happens alot in NYC.I just hope the Rumblers can put on a show next year.I look foreward to this show all year and would hate to see it end.

2. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Damn and people always bag on California, it sounds like NY is worse!! That sucks balls.

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

It's not due to "NY", or "California"....this stuff happens everywhere. I'm sure the smokey-tire burnouts out on the street weren't helping matters. And the skate-boarding club with their big loud PA system weren't helping matters either.

4. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Chris I'm glad you held me back from trying to fight those two cops!!! It was gonna be a "firestorm" to purify!!!!

5. The story I heard was the cops shut down the bar and when a biker was walking in the bar a cop grabbed him and said "where do you think you're going" then shoved him out. The biker responded with a fist to to cop's face. So the police thought it was fair to shut down a show that had nothing to do with the bar across the street. They just want to make a show of force.

6. koolkat269

koolkat269

Thats what you get for letting bikes into a "car show"!!!

7. it wasnt the bikes it was thos darn ! skate boarders

8. swissmike

swissmike

Sorry to hear! There are are a lot of stand up Rumblers out there that don't deserve this to happen, but you can't associate with the HA and not expect trouble. Can't have it both ways.

I been asked to clarify and can say that there is no formal association with any bike club that I know of. My comment was based on my observatio of HA selling support stuff at the show years ago, nothing more and nothing less...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  9. swissmike

swissmike

When was the last time you saw cap in riot gear show up for skate borders?

10. today!

11. Bikers of all kinds are there every year without any problems. It's when a cop pushes around a person that's not afraid of the cops is when things get out of control. All they had to do was take the people involved in the scuffle away quickly and let the rest of us across the street have a good time.

12. off-beat

off-beat

Typical police bullshit. Blowing things out of proportion and abusing their power. I highly doubt there were 200 complaints and I'm sure the complaints that were made were by the local hipster yuppies or possibly the fruit booters filming whatever it was they were doing next door.

On a lighter note, I saw a kid skitching from the back of a lambo, which was pretty bad ass.

13. krooser

krooser

I have to give credit to the NYC car clubs who have the nads to deal with all the big city BS and put on a show or cruise or just a simple neighborhood show... keep this deal going.

While I always hated going into the 'city' with my big truck, I would love to cruise the boroughs in a hot rod...

14. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

is the owner of that 3100 pickup on here? Missed the show this year, last year was awesome!

15. This happens all the time. People move here from out of state to live in a cool hipster area and then quickly realize it's not like in the movies. All they do is complain and try to make the rest of us conform to their ideal vision of NYC. All I can say is "welcome to New York, now get out! "

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is getting more interesting the more I read. But I think that car events having trouble because of the actions of outsiders who are not participants at the event is pretty common place.

It's too bad that the NYPD couldn't figure out that the Hells Angles getting in a fight in a nearby bar or a bunch of skateboarders being assholes had nothing to do with the car show unless the bikers were participants or the boarders were invited to put on entertainment for the event.

We went though some of the same crap last weekend with our sailboat cruising clubs annual party. The event was advertised for over six months as having over 100 boats in attendance and that we would be firing our cannons quite often. Some Yachtie that didn't do his homework ahead of time bitched about the cannons that had been previously mentioned in stories on the event in every boating publication in the PNW.

17. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I have atended this show since nearly the first one ...when my friend Booster (RIP) attended and I can say from first hand account that the NYPD were not the ones who thru the first punch.....I dont think you will see this show next year... My opinion!

18. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Woa now. So your sayin beause a biker defended hisself when someone grabbed him and shoved him it his fault or the clubs fault. What you just pretty much is that the HA or any TRUE MC club is trouble. Until you live the life you dont need to throw stones. VIVA LA RED AND GOLD
    SYLB

19. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Not for nothing. . . but how dare you! How dare you call those guys "skateboarders", those assholes where on roller blades, not a skateboard in sight.

I just want to clear things up a bit, The Rumblers DO NOT associate with roller bladers!

20. off-beat

off-beat

hahaha^ When I first saw people skating around I just assumed they'd be on skateboards and to my surprise they turned out to be roller bladers. Like it's fucking 1998. The nerve of some people...

21. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

:d hahaha :d

22. teddyp

teddyp

i,ve been to everone and this was the best i left about 5 pm and skater,s were part of the problem and the bull shit in the bar this is always a great show and the rumber,s work very hard at it

23. studhud

studhud

There is so much false info on here I can't believe it! The cops told the rumblers it was last year they would get a permit and that they had worn out their welcome and that was around noon. The cops were looking for any reason to shut it down. Their was no fight at the bar.
    Long story short it was fun while it lasted!
    Much love and respect to the Rumblers for a putting on a great show!
    Dave Hitch
    FBBF

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  24. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

What the hell is a fruit booter?

25. Von Franco

Von Franco

Thanks for settings things straight dave.... Roller bladers come out and plaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeee ha ha ha.....

26. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

And this?

27. o r kluttar

o r kluttar
    from brooklyn

well, fruit booter, that's a slang word for a 'roller blader.' But the other's not so clear,. . could be a stunt with a bike from a lamborghini.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  28. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Man, what a good show it was too. I was gonna bring a car next year. Now it might not happen cuz of a couple idiots.

Hats off to the Rumblers, cool venue, cool people, cool cars and bikes.

29. o r kluttar

o r kluttar
    from brooklyn

There are growing numbers of geeky ecologists that have an inexplicable hate of ANY I.C.E.. But what was going on as a mood wasn't so different from any block party, typical of Tha City. Would be sort of a corporate ploy, but could ask the NYCLU about getting the permit for 2012. As election year, the environmentalists are already getting mental.

30. Larry T

Larry T

Let's see, Cops, Hells Angels, Fruit Booters (????), yuppies, car clubbers.

Cops pushed the biker first, Hells Angels hit the cop first, there wasn't a fight, I saw the fight first hand.

Ecologist, NYCLU, election year.

I don't see a problem, what's the fuss.
    Not many folks that are in charge (cops, city fathers, residents) like mayhem in their town. And they will do something about it if it gets out of control.
    Larry T