Register now to get rid of these ads!

WARNING Smokies Custom Auto Repair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bluestang67, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluestang67

bluestang67

Smokies Custom Auto Repair , Beech Park , IL . [ Waukeegan ] had my 37 for 18 months . I prepaid some cash and bartered the running restored drive line and suspension for sheet metal to my 37 Ford Coupe .

He was once a member here and was banned . I have been posting the deli ma At the Chrome Czars site , local people and was banned from there while they protect him . He was advertizing at the there site and I hired him for work on another car and it was done here and right .

Well he replaced the front lower cowl panels , floor , rockers , lower front quarters and both rear inner and outer tail pans . He never finished all the sheet metal as I pulled the car . He had not started on it and I gave a date . Well his haste has the car body leaning tweaked out of shape and the doors no where in position for closing correctly . The right door is so low you almost need a jack to raise it to close . He did this as to not refund my money .

Also when I was getting on him to work on my car he just would not answer the phone for weeks at a time . He did find time to do other work on cars while my car sat still .

The new parts he cut incorrectly will also have to be repurchased to redo everything .

Some pics

So anyone one thinking of sheet metal In Northern Illinois I would by pass his shop quickly . All I can do is use the BBB , IRS and the law in hopes of recovering my cash .

Some pics of car after I brought it home .

[​IMG]

You can see the position of seam is way off , inner tool box tray in rear .

[​IMG]

Rear outer sticks out not following body big gap in deck lid .

[​IMG]

Rt door a lot lower the latch location

[​IMG]

This is all the bracing he installed , I knew then the body was done for being straight .

[​IMG]

He ended up cutting this trunk brace to fit by half .

[​IMG]

This is the left door closed 1/4 is in to far at the bottom

[​IMG]

I could go on but you get the idea from Smokies Custom Auto repairs In Beech Park , IL , he also advertizes on Facebook .

I told him return my engine so I can recoup some of my money he said he sold it but sure he hid it in his new shed . Also he said it was rusted and junk here is a little vid of engine I bartered .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a2AV9bbZz0

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some guys sales pitch is better than their workmanship. Or in some cases if you try to get the job for a low ball price you get low ball and late work done. The car gets shoved in the get to it whenever corner. Not saying that is the deal this time but usually barter deals tend to come out in favor of the other person.

3. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

I think your barkin up the wrong tree,,Your banning couldn't have been from your useless crap posts,,,,

4. bluestang67

bluestang67

Mr48 true and my lesson has been learned but would hate to see another local end up like me .

5. johnboy13

johnboy13

what he said

6. bluestang67

bluestang67

Your side and opinion is given but far from the truth as a member at czars . My posts lately have been about Zack and my disgust so you can get over it and go there and not read my thread here ok .

Oh I just put it together you have the 54 Ford Alex right and are Zacks buddy he patched your car .

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  7. bluestang67

bluestang67

Also halfcocked I had my car looked at by a well known professional , it was trashed badly .

Yeah they do not like posts, like lets see your man cave and humor so they did warn me but the car got me banned about suing for recovery of my money .

8. badshifter

badshifter

I don't like the sound of a post with c*ck (half or all) and let me see your man cave. I'd ban you too.....:eek:

9. bluestang67

bluestang67

LOL humor is good . These are in it .

[​IMG]

10. silent rick

silent rick

11. Your not alone. My father in law just went through a similiar deal. Has a rare El-Camino, the body guy came highly recommended, turned out ayear later to be a real crack head, him and his wife too. After a year of nothing getting done, parts missing, and the run royal around, he finally went there with a car trailer and some big muscle. He got the car back, thankfully without an altercation and most of the parts. Unfortunately, a ton of money is lost and now left in the hands of the courts. I hope things work out for you, TR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.