Register now to get rid of these ads!

11 Days & still waiting for my car..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichG

RichG

It comes down to poor organization on the drivers part, he knows he's running full bore during this season, so he'd be better off fudging the timeline in his favor, instead of saying five days, tell 'em ten... he's gonna be a hero if he delivers in eight, and no one is gonna get too excited if it takes him fifteen... just my opinion. He might lose a few loads, but every load he delivers on or before schedule is going to give him good marks rather than bad.

It also sounds like the guy is overloading his schedule on purpose, sort of like a doctor triple booking appointments to cover for no-shows. All in all, he's probably not a bad guy, just a bad businessman. I'd just suggest some patience and calm reasoning if you can reach him on the phone, a little honey goes a long ways when you want to get something out of someone... yelling and cajoling him is only going to make the situation worse than it is. That may not be comforting to hear, but like I said, whatever it takes to get your car to you.

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

11 days was on the 10th. It's now been 20 days. I'm not real sure how long it takes on average, but I wonder what was stated/promised. Even if it isn't on paper and it was a Gentlemen's agreement, then that is what he should stick to.

3. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

It was 11 days 10 days ago and he still has no car so is it ok if he worrys now.

4. I do auto transport all over the country, when I pickup a car from the location i basically head to shop to log it and register everything in a computer, then the next morning i am on the road to deliver it. There is no excuse to take this long for a delivery of a vehicle. It is only a 15-16 hour drive from texas to the location in florida. I would deliver the same day i leave then head to next one. This guy is just a liar and is basically giving us honest transporters a bad name.
    I have checked on him by GPS tracking of his phone and it shows nothing to him ever being in Florida tha past 10 days. it shows him being from arkansas to virginia and everything in between, but no florida. Oh and yes you can track it, nothing illegal about it. I have talked with several law enforcement friends and they are going to be calling him to give a scare and get the car picked up if it is at his location... He will be dealt with accordingly. I am only 15 miles from Dickinson where he lives and once we find out where he lives, then it is definately a BALLS TO THE WALL mission.

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Gotta love this damn place! Kudos on helping him out bud!

6. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Im not surprised to hear he was never in Florida. (It's upsetting, but not surprising) I sure hope this gets resolved soon.

7. Just found out that he is on probation for 10 years from another large theft that he was convicted on. We are definately going to get this Jackass and he will pay the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. X2!

I didn't check the reviews which was my mistake, although I have found out the hard way that the majority of these brokers act exactly the same.

There are a few good brokers out there, but their counterparts in business ruin the reputation as a whole.

The HAMB is a great place! I was recommended to a Owner/Operator through the board and I feel much better after being lied to repeatedly by a broker. I even asked them (multiple times) to explain the process so I would understand and they never answered the question. Just lies, more lies.

g1hotrod,
    You are one stand up guy!
    I know people like this carrier make your job even harder.

Thank you for putting so much effort into this situation.
    I would hope that someone like you would be there for me if I ever needed help.

You're one hell of a guy...

9. Its hard to deal with people now days,
    I am here to help Hotrodders with issues. if anyone would need help like this i am there for them. Doesnt matter where you are i will help to the fullest i can do..

If anyone needs transport, I might not be the lowest but Damn it I get it there when i say i will!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I may have missed it in all the posts, but have you contacted the police to file a stolen vehicle report yet, or to at least inquire about what options you have available? Let's face it, you are getting the runaround and all the earmarks are there that this started out bad and is going to get much worse. Every day you sit, taking his promises let's him get one day further away. Call the police or DA office in his home town and ask what they think.

I came out of the marine industry and every once in a while an unscrupulous boat hauler would take someones money and either drop the boat off somewhere else just to dump it, or it would disappear altogether. Anyone with a trailer can become a "transporter" and some of them are thieves.

You really should become VERY involved with this problem RIGHT NOW.

Don

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Just got off the phone with the OP, while we were talking the transport guy called him and said he was around the corner and would be there in minutes. It seems lots of HAMB members have been calling the transport guy and maybe he got tired of all the calls ! :D

We should have good news from the car owner soon, I hope.

Don

12. Just got of he phone with OLDFART and the car HAS BEEN DELIVERED!!!!!!!

Thanks to all the Hambers calling this guy to get it delivered!!!!!!!!

13. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does the delivery guy have any new bruises to take back to Texas with him?

Glad you FINALLY got the car!

14. Weasel

Weasel

15. the transporter was really pissed and getting in his face and oldfart had his big burly neighbor come over and the transporter calmed down real quick....

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Haha! Called out n becomes a dick! He should b I'n business for another week or so! Wat a f head! Glad ya got ur ride shead!

17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm so glad that this ended up the way it did. Good job everyone.

18. raidmagic

raidmagic

Good job guys!!!!!! That's how to get things done

19. neverwinter

neverwinter

glad you got the car. i am new to all of this but i just dont understand people. i get that times can be tough, etc etc but there is literally no justification for jerking people around. the single biggest thing ANY business can do is to communicate honestly and often (when appropriate). Most customers understand that delivery times can vary, weather happens, breakdowns, etc. In this day and age with email, texting, cell phones, etc it doesn't take more than 30 seconds to let the customer know that the schedule has changed.

i transported bikes to daytona a few times. one group of folks were as nice as could be. helped load and unload, met me where/when. even gave me a tip. i charged $450 per bike roundtrip from their door to their place in daytona and back. I carried their belongings, helmets, etc. They were very happy and i made a little cash for my time and enjoyed bike week.

the following year was the total opposite. guys asking for discounts after rates established. bikes all to be in 1 location on same day - hence the discount. 2 days before leaving i am told bikes are all over the place and i need to get them. all i have is a 16 foot trailer and an f250 and i treat other poples bikes better than my own. i drove all over to accommodate because they had booked plane tickets etc. get to fla and get a phone call - the idiot owner of 1 bike left the security system on so his battery was dead. they wanted me to go buy a tender and install it. this was a 30k factory HD special and i would have had to remove the seat, sissy bar etc. so i said no - i knw any mark would come back on me. he was pissed. he also overfilled his tank on BOTH trips and i got a call asking if i could siphone out the extra fuel. i kid you not! when i showed up to the bosses house in stamford ct - rich town - after driving through a 3 day torrid rainstorm, he tried to pay me with a check after i had made i clear that cash was due.

there was even more to the story. they landed on thursday the one day i wanted to attend the willies bike show. i was supposed to meet them at 12. at 3 i called and they told me 1 plane had been delayed - yet they never called to tell me so i missed the show AND my wife was stuck at the condo since i had the transportation. i dont trailer things anymore. people want everything for free and delivered yesterday and bitch bitch bitch.

anyone wanna buy an enclosed 8x16 trailer lo!! its cheap....

sorry for rant. glad you got your car. i wish a handshake and a mans word meant more than it does today.

- jason

20. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

glad it was a simi happy ending... Never pay up front... I charge when I deliver and I deliver when I say I will... racinman rick

21. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Glad your car finally showed. Look it over real well in case this fuckstick decided to get a little payback for the well deserved harassment.

22. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Glad you got your car!

23. SBlack392

SBlack392

Glad you got your Ride and hope everything is OK !!

24. fxcomet

fxcomet

Good deal and about time. As one who's getting ready to have a car shipped, I'd like to give a shout out to everyone for the wealth of advice given in this thread. I was about an inch and a half from making the exact same mistake and going with a brokered shipper. Whew, dodged a bullet with that one!

25. Toner283

Toner283

Glad to hear that you finally got the car. Am I the only one that wants to see pics of the car now ???

26. Scumdog

Scumdog

My car was picked up from the storage in Salem OR and dropped off in L.A. on the same day so yeah, no wonder the o.p was pissed.

27. lukey

lukey

So de we have to wait 15 days for pics? Seriously though, glad it all worked out.

28. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Had to wait 7 weeks to get my last car from the states. 11 or so days doesn't sound bad eh ? In the end, your car is home & safe. Congrats

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Ahh..... finally. Pics?

30. Cool man. good luck. I want these guys to help the next time I'm in trouble. Great jobs to all the HAMBers that lite the fuse under the hauler's ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.