Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pebble Beach 2011....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A32Flathead, Aug 9, 2011.

1. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

WOW! And check out the background. A bunch of "Enclosed Trailer Queens". HAHA!!!!!

2. That was Friday Brian

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah I would love to see that car. Even more so I'd love to own it but that's nto going to happen unless I find a pile of cash soon.

I look forward to going to Pebble beach one day. Are they doing a hot rod class next year? maybe that'll be a perfect 30th birthday gift for me!!!

4. 52pig

52pig

That little "M" car is fantastic. Can you sneak me in Dave? like in your camera bag or something?

5. They announce special classes for the following year around November. Last year was hot rods and Jaguar XK-SS, this year its Ferrari 250 GTO's

6. 4woody

4woody

I'll be down for the pre-Historics on Friday. Walking the paddock is just the coolest!

7. You have a ticket?

It was $50.00 last year...and is this year too....

8. I have my assistant...he comes every year. Sorry!

9. 4woody

4woody

No, I don't have a ticket yet. Is there any problem with paying at the gate Friday?

10. I think its like $70. Check the Laguna Seca site

11. RancheroMan

RancheroMan

i thought the Bill Likes roadster was going to be at the LB Motorama?

12. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I stopped into visit and tour a friend's company this week while I was in Milwaukee. I knew that Tom, my friend, was on vacation this week. When I asked his VP where he was. He said, "Oh he's out in California at SOME old car show." I said, "Pebble Beach?" He said, "Yeah". I said, "Dude. That is not SOME old car show. That is THE old car show!" He said, "I guess if you say so." Some guys just aren't car guys. :)

13. I just found out that Edsel Ford's Model 40 speedster has been restored and will be debuted at this year's Pebble Beach- if anyone is going and can get pics from underneath (Bob Gregorie added a 2nd front crossmember to stretch the wheelbase and flipped the rear half of the frame), it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

There is a link with photo over on The Ford Barn in the Model A section. Sad that so many Model A guys are locked into only Model A's. Some actually stated they think that Dream Car is less than fantastic.

15. Thanks Bob- while both the original and the "new" nose leave a little to be desired (I'd like to see it with a '35 shell, like the Miller Ford Indy cars), I have always loved that car!...

In fact, I picked up a fairly nice '33 firewall today- the beginning of a very long project :)

16. I found the RM restoration site yesterday, but neither my work or home PC can open the pics... :(

17. bgaro

bgaro

i was the mechanic at the service across from the eighteenth hole at pebble in my early 20's and have attended the event in the past. however, i dont think they will let u in with dirt under your finger nails, so press your finest pleated khakis an turn your nose up for this one boys. thanks but no thanks.

18. Ummm...there's NO dress code dude.

I go every year in jeans, engineer boots & car club jacket.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

CAMERA! Don't forget the camera!

20. hasty

hasty

Looking forward to your pictures again, A32Flathead.
    Too far away for a casual visit, but I would love to go one year.

21. Been there-Done that--- Charity ? B.S. I'd love to see just HOW MUCH actually goes to a charity and not the organizers pockets, Besides, only a small percent of the cars are HAMB friendly

22. You are an idiot. The only person with a up turned nose and a stick up their arse is you.

I wore jeans and Hot Rod T no one looked at me funny the place was packed with everyday people.

Me talking to Ken Crawford next to his old roadster which he hadn't seen in 63 years.
    [​IMG]

23. Video of the '34

http://youtu.be/6elo0cFhDAk

24. Check.....

Thanks man

I think you'll find that 99% of the cars are HAMB approved....as almost every single one is hand crafted & modified in some way from the factory.

As for the charity "BS" they have donated over $14,000,000 to charity...and to be honest, even if it wasn't for charity, who really cares, its the single most impressive collection of vehicles all gathered in one place on the planet. HERE is a link to the charity section of the site, and if you don't like the way its done, then YOU organize something more suitable, and stop being a Negative Nancy

I'm one of those "Everyday people" :D:D

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Years ago I opened a 16 foot wide garage door to see a 250F Maserati GP car with a restored Testa Rosa on either side. That was breathtaking.

26. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

My first visit and I have to agree totally.
    Three days of looking at the worlds best and most impressive Hot rods is pure pleasure.

27. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Holly Crap.... A car we did at Byers Custom (Body and Paint) sold for $16+mil, Wonder if we will get a kickback...

28. Irish

Irish

I did't go to Pebble today, but I went to the Quail on Friday. Here are some pictures.
    Note:'69 #31 F500 Eagle, '48 #35 Kurtis Kraft "Don Le Sal" 2000, and '53 Kurtis Kraft 500cc #19 "Filter Queen" , and Offy 270 in the Kurtis roadster and scale model Offy 270. The Ferrari sounded great with those megs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  29. The37Kid

The37Kid

THANKS! What are the details on the '36, old or new build? [​IMG]