Register now to get rid of these ads!

11 Days & still waiting for my car..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

HA! Good times. That car don't look the same no more. The guy you picked it up from would have a shit if he saw it. :D

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

HOPE everything works out for you ...

I have heard all the horror stories so that is WHY I drove 4,588 miles to Baldur, Manitoba Canada and back to South Carolina to get a junky old truck. :confused:

[​IMG]

The wife and I just made a vacation out of it. We had just returned home from Los Angeles ... for the LA Roadster event.

Here is a thread about the trip to Canada and all the neat places we saw ... all with NO DRAMA :D :D

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498255

3. SOB hasn't shown up yet.I just called him (12:30 PM)and he claims to still be waiting in Tallahassee to unload ONE motorcycle...So hes been waiting for 24 hours to have one Donarcycle unloaded.
    Anyone here live in Tallahassee? He said that he's on some street off of Capital City Drive but I couldn't get him to narrow down his location..The car is in my avatar,If anyone sees it anywhere in the Southeast,give me a call 386-788-4874
    Anyone here live in or near Dickinson Texas? Please give me a call.
    Guys ,I'm at the end of my rope.Texas wont help because I'm in Florida,Florida wont help because hes from Texas.
    .To those of you that say that this is all my fault.I AGREE,I'm an asshole for taking someones word,I'm a douchebag,I'm a moron,I got screwed on another site because I mailed a package w/out 1st getting the shipping cost up front($48.00)I accept full responsibility for this cluster-fuck but I need help.What can I do?? Is there any way to track a cell phone on a computer? The only address I have for him is at a house that he moved out of 3 months ago.I think that he told me that he now lives in Dickinson Tx.(CRS?)Please help me guys..

4. Cub8556

Cub8556

This sucks sorry man. I doubt he just ran off with your car otherwise why would he still answer your calls. Have you thought about meeting him in Tallahassee? 4 hours and SEEING the car might calm your nerves a little.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Damn, this is some bad shit.

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Exactly on all points!

7. Has this guy already been payed?,,contact the people that outsourced this clown,call the BBB. HRP

8. Weasel

Weasel

Calling the BBB is a complete waste of time - they are a toothless dog and this guy obviously doesn't give a damn about his reputation anyway.

Call him and tell him you are filing a stolen vehicle report with law enforcement. If the vehicle is not with you within seven days - then do exactly that. If that doesn't get his ass moving and get the car to you quickly then I'm out of options other than contacting the State Attorney General's Office - Consumer Protection Division....

9. brad chevy

brad chevy

Oldfart,there is a Capital city drive in Tallahassee,but from there to your door ain"t but a 3 1/2 hour ride ,hope he shows up soon.

10. TMSTransport

TMSTransport

You have his cell phone number. Most cell phones have GPS inside. We located my wifes stolen phone using it, sure did surprise the dirtbag when I showed up on his doorstep. See if you can find his provider and maybe use the GPS mode to see where he really is....

11. I have been in the bussiness for many of years. I hear this way to often... I am near Dickinson and would love to help you if needed. I also do Enclosed trailer transports along with flatbed transport. I am willing to help you out and get the car back for you if interested. I hate when people do this crap. It gives the rest of us bad reputations by association..... I wouldn't wait 7 days to file a stolen vehicle report. I would do it ASAP. the galveston County Sherriffs office can help you out with that, their number is 281-534-3515. Let me know if this helps you any!!!! my number is 832-385-1900 Haase's Classics

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Still nothin', eh?

13. lukey

lukey

Let us know how much bail is and we will see what we can do

14. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yikes! Double Yikes! Also on the edge of my seat. Wish I had some ideas, but seems like if there is someone in the area that can look for this guy... Bump.

15. Its been suggested that I drive to Tallahassee & find this guy. How do I know that he's really in tallahassee? If I could drive up there,(which I cant)and hes just lying about where he is then what?
    He has gotten positive feedback from other people during the 21 days that I've been waiting but I have no way to find out where these deliveries were made so I cannot tell if hes even been in Florida.
    The liars name is Darrell Tindall AKA thetransportguy.
    Check him out on Uship.Pay particular attention to his 50+cancellations(I wish I did)All I saw was his positive feedback.
    Maybe some of you can find out what he intends to do w/my car.His # is 713-857-4504..The payment went through his wife's candle business.Her # is 713-927-7797
    his email address is leaguecitypower @ aol.com

16. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Wow! I'm afraid the old saying is in play here...
    Screwed, Blued and Tatoo'd.....Sorry for you, this really sucks!:mad:

17. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

You paid him through his wifes candle business? Boy if that was not a red flag..........Can't you get an address for her business?

Can you report the car stolen?

18. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Imediately, file a complaint through the State's attorney general office in which his residence or buisness address is.

19. markjenks

markjenks

I'd call him up, tell him he has 48 hours to get it to you, or you will call it in and report it as stolen and give them his information as the last person to have known to handle the car.

Shouldn't be hard to find him with his name, cell phone #, wifes names, etc, etc.

20. IN THE FUTURE THERE ARE WEB SITES LIKE THIS ONE THAT MAY HELP HAMBERS TO FIND A HAULER WITH A GOOD REP. . HOWEVER, LIKE I SAID EARLIER IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO USE AN OWNER/OPERATOR COMPANY. DO NOT GO THRU A BROKER!

http://www.transportreviews.com/

21. bungle

bungle
    from el paso tx

you could call him and tell him you need the car by today and that you have a friend that can meet him today in tallahassee and bring the car to you, but you will have to get a portion of the money back for having to go this route. see what he says. if he says sure then get his exact location and give it to a hamber in the area to check up on(if you don't have anyone to help you pick it up, you could always call him back and say your friend flaked out, at least you'll force him to give you his exact location). if he says no that he'll bring it today then let him know you will need some insurance in case he doesn't show up because then it will become a police matter. ask him for his drivers license number and address, he has nothing to worry about if he does what he says he will do.

i hope you get it.

22. raidmagic

raidmagic

Dude this sucks. My buddy went through a months long shipping deal but at least that guy had the car in Iowa and was up front about it being awhile before he would bring it down. Having the car on the road and not being able to get it sucks. If he turns up in the Tampa area I'll get the car for you.

23. bald_and_grumpy

bald_and_grumpy

I'm in League City. I would be happy to help out. What is the name of the wife's candle business? I could check that out to see if it's a legit place.

24. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

A HORROR story!! Call the cops on him!!
    He's STOLEN your car!!!

25. markjenks

markjenks

If I bought one of these: http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/covert-tracking-gps-battery.html

Would anyone be willing to rent it from me, so they can track movement of cars when shipping them?

I personally have no need for it myself, but I can see how it could be used in these cases and just looking to help these things out.

26. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Some of you Hambers over exaggerate / over dramatize certain issues and quite often it gives companies / business' a bad name ! I have purchased cars that have taken 5 business days to deliver , and have had cars take almost 30 days to deliver. These summer months are THE busiest times of the season for the Auto Transport industry - the exception being the 3rd & 4th weekend of January during Barrett / Jackson & Grand National Roadster Show time.
    Also, like previously stated , When you inquire about inexpensive or semi inexpensive rates through a broker you have to expect delays as you AREN'T the only customer that the brokers/drivers are dealing with.

Is this company legit ? I don't know - can't say either way, but 11 days to wait for a car in August is not outrageous.

27. raidmagic

raidmagic

At this point I don't think the waiting is the issue,I think it's the lies

28. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

Ya it's easy to feel this way when it's not your car that you can't find and someone keeps lying to you. If the guy doesnt want a bad rep he shouldn't lie to people and do what he actually says he's going to do.

29. Over exaggerate or dramatize doesn't matter if someone gives you a time line and doesn't follow through and has twenty lame ass excuses, he deserves every bit of browbeating coming his way. Sounds like a upholstery guy here in town who is hiding from every one he screwed up on their time line to finish cars.

30. axle

axle
    from Drag City

A lie / empty promise is wrong, i'd have to agree . But again, many of these drivers are so busy this time of the year, trying to pick up a lot of cars, meeting deadlines, they receive a million phone calls a day , and ( right or wrong) i think they tend to tell the car owners something - just to calm them down. I just have a problem with yelling Fire when its only been 11 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.