Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reading threads....you ever hold back on a reply?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by INVISIBLEKID, Aug 11, 2011.

1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Bwah ha ha... bwah ha ha... perfect Dick, PERFECT... :D:D:D

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I was speaking to the exquisite quality of his reply, get your self out of the gutter man. :p

3. Gator

Gator

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. – Plato

I see guys here who've made thousands of posts, many of which are very helpful and insightful, and others with thousands of posts saying nothing (often several times in the same thread).

I'd be ashamed to think I'd posted 5,000 in a couple of years and added literally NOTHING of use to anyone.

4. striptnut

striptnut

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! There listening ! I just know it!

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Another post count envier.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=290

show me yours?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  7. 117harv

117harv

There is a poster on this thread with over 500 in the last 30 days:eek:

8. striptnut

striptnut

I have more respect for someone with several thousands of posts than someone with 230 posts. Why? because i know they are actively participating in this forum. It doesnt take long to do some research on these forums to see if the person actually is worthy of praise, either. If you're going to "waste your time" on these forums then you might as well PARTICIPATE in the conversations...not just hide behind a screen name[/QUOTE]

farmergal I gotta question. If you notice on my post count ,I have well under 100 post. Ive been wrenchin' for about 35 years. Built alot of cars,learned alot of stuff. Does that mean Im not worthy of your respect ? NO Im not lookin' for "praise" either.And when Im on this website Im not wasting my time. Im learning more stuff. I get on this site once in a while to see if theres a thread that can help me on one of my rides. Doesnt mean I dont wanna participate. I get involved when I feel I need to .Like now! There are folks that log on to this site to learn rather than bark. Like Ive learned something from your post. Dont know what it is yet but maybe I will.

9. Deuces

Deuces

I'm guilty... :eek:

10. Looks like no one is holding back including you. :rolleyes:

I notice that someone popsted about folks with a post count of 2000+ should be restricted because they can't know anything or else they would be out in the garage and not posting. I just came in from a 5 day thrash on my driveway to get one of the fellas from here to the HAMB Drags and noticed that this tread still exists and folks are still whining.

Anyway there is some info here that is not pertanent to the original reason I started to post this edit. What I wanted to say is that the person in question should keep this in mind. The next time you notice that your traditional "Street Rod" won't pull an old sick woman off a bead pan you shouldn't bother contacting any of us because we obviously don't know anything. ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  11. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Your posts arent negative so I wouldnt worry about it.
    nobodys perfect, myself included.

12. Larry, we CAN cut off that ankle bracelet,:rolleyes:

13. Deuces

Deuces

Thanx Jynx!..;)

14. I have a look and learn additude
    some times i have somthinh to say
    i could comment to almost all threads. but i do not comment to be told i do not know what i am doing
    Or told we did not build cars like that in the 60's
    i may be old but i still learn

15. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

completely stupid ideas

16. r8odecay

r8odecay

Just stopping by to bump my post count....

17. kustom_dude

kustom_dude
    from CA

I need to start posting to stupid shit to get my post count up!!

18. r8odecay

r8odecay

You owe me a new monitor dude! I just spit beer out my nose!

19. r8odecay

r8odecay

Me too!

20. r8odecay

r8odecay

Get out of my post count bump, dude!

21. r8odecay

r8odecay

sorry man, that was harsh. What's a Henway?

22. uncleAud

uncleAud

arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics...win or lose you are still retarded!

23. Abouy 2 to 3 pounds

bumping my post count on useless drivel
    popcorn peanuts get em while they are hot

24. so i need to advance my timming

25. r8odecay

r8odecay

If'n you cant spell good, you shud get off'n the interwebz.

26. ironpile

ironpile

I stopped for a while after getting flamed by some anal orfice. But if I can help someone I will add my opinion. It is sort of frustrating when most never reply that my info helped them over a rough spot.

27. You are correct, some people on here are full of shit, but on the other hand I am often impressed with the level of expertise that many of you guys have. Some of you have had incredible experiences and I enjoy reading about them. As you can see I don't post very often.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  28. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Amen. Especially when you've ALREADY searched every word combo you can think of and would up with nothing -- or just a wild goose chase.:( Saying, "Hey, learn to use the SEARCH function" is often a wasted post, as it really hasn't contributed anyrhing positive to the thread.:rolleyes: If someone thinks my qurestion is stupid, why not abstain from commenting, OR give me the link to a good previous thread that addresses the subject?;)

Myself, I love the early Hemis, and the HAMB Hemi crowd NEVER gives an earnest questionner the brush-off.:D In fact, they'll often help refine the discussion, after you ask an initial GENERAL question. Now THAT's helpful! They're a patient bunch who know a TON, but they don't act like know-it-alls. In fact, they seem to love hearing from somebody (meaning among their own circle) who's made some NEW internal refinement work in these cool old plants! That openness and willingness to share FREELY of their expertise is indicative of the HAMB at its best. Class all the way.:cool:

29. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The "use the search function" is a legitimate response in a lot of cases. And there are a couple reasons.

The consolidation of information in a thread is a great thing.

Another is bandwidth costs money. This forum isn't free it costs money to run. Which is why there is an Alliance Membership and a lot of HAMB auctions.

We really don't need to see another "what's your favorite insert car model here " thread when there are 15 of them from the last year. And learning to use the search function will get you a lot of great threads with a lot of great information, hell there are even threads on how to effectively use the search as well as using Google to search the HAMB. I understand how it can be difficult to find stuff some times but it's there...

30. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I see that you are not from the US, but your response made me think about what our former President Bill Clinton said. Quote, " The problem with this country is that nobody has a sense of humor anymore ".