Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Info on this recent build ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vrod64, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friend bought this car that has hours of awesome metal craftmanship and detail. Does anyone have any builder information on car ? Thanks

2. Anything 2 ?

3. I'm not sure who built it, but I saw it at the Back to the 50's show in St. Paul, MN a couple years in a row. I tried talking to the "owner" about it there in 2008, but he had just bought it hours earlier at the Mecum auction and knew nothing about it.

Here's pic of it from 2007, before it was painted. It had painted logos "Flying A Garage" or something like that on it then... and it had Minnesota plates on it when I saw it.
    [​IMG]

DSC01338.JPG

4. Awesome. Thanks.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know anything about it but I think that is almost exactly what my son wants to do with the 27 body shell and 56 Desoto Hemi we have stashed away. That's a damned nice car that someone bought and took to the next level but didn't change the original concept of the car.

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

We talked to the builder at BTT50'S, he was from Canada, I believe Winnepeg. it is an awsome build.

B:)B

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

DAMN!!!! An Ardun powered hot rod and no one knows who the builder is?

Frank

8. If you look real close, I don't think thats an Ardun. Distributor placement etc. Looks to be Ardun covers on a small block possibly.

Mick

9. Yep, there's a small block chevy hiding under there.

10. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I thought it looked fake but how do you suppose he made the headers look so not SBC.

11. I guess there's some kind of adapters in the fake heads to space out the center exhaust ports like that.

12. BELIEVE it or not.......it is a 267 ci Chevy V8. Yes....267. same crank as a 327/350 but smaller factory bore. Odd motor all around indead.

13. any canadian help ?

14. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

thanks to all the posters. getting the info on this car is great

15. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

Do you have any more pictures you could send me?

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Fake Ardun, stupid sticker on the windshield, but that can be fixed, otherwise looks like it's pretty nicely done.

17. Your a Hole :cool:: Some of your other Comments on other peoples cars:

The air bags in the front are kind of ugly... otherwise it's look like nice work

Dude seriously needs to go back and read some of his own posts befoer he talks shit... :eek:

I was being nice... but don't tell anyone... they'll think I'm getting soft. :p

The heater isn't custom. :rolleyes: It's factory.

do not use anything by The Hoffman Group, it's junk. Do a search and you'll see.

sorry I'm still of the opinion that after '34 things need hoods

Your quotes > Cannot believe you can leave 14,000 comments with crap like this. :mad:

18. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Saw this in Victoria B.C. at Deuce Days circa 2005. Built by well known canadian builder Cam Grant. Totally faked, but well done faked, SBC disguised as an Ardun. Out here on the West Coast canadians build some VERY NICE cars.

Attached Files:

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

aww someone is all butt hurt... and nice job on cherry picking the comments. Of course the Hoffman comment stand up, if you think otherwise you're a fool. As does the heater comment, nothing negative there, pure fact. So why don't you wash the sand out of your Va-J-J and deal with the air bags are UGLY.

20. your STILL a HOLE.

21. Deuces

Deuces

Dude!... No more name calling or this thread will get canned.... Cupeesh???

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what this thread needs is a little more cowbell....

23. ... did it REALLY take over 2 months to come up with that snappy retort??? :D

24. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.