Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Frustrated, to say the least

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmergal, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I'm sorry if I'm coming here to "whine" but I had such a horrible experience last night I just had to vent.

We took our car last night to a relatively large monthly cruise run by a local car club. We've been there before, its a great cruise, around 400 cars, and its just a great night out for us. We pulled in last night and were parked next to an old timer who had a 35 5 window coupe. since we are currently working on a '36 5w; we started talking about the cars. Within 5 minutes; probably not even 5 minutes, this guy comes storming in between everyone who was looking at the cars (i'm not exagerating) and starts creating a scene. He first looks at our bumper brackets and starts making comments about how their not painted (theyre not painted yet because this car is still not finished yet and its a never ending work in progress, although it looks pretty darn close to done). Then he starts ranting and raving about the car itself.

Keep in mind we are standing 5 feet away with this old timer and we're all about ready to knock this idiot out. He starts saying " can you believe this??!!, look at this car....who in the hell would waste their time and money...on that!!??.... Plymouth...ughh....#3 car maker of its time...junk!" and continues with ..."Look at this thing....can you even imagine dumping money into such a car...christ, theyre never going to make that money back on such an unpopular car...Can you believe this?!...and look they didnt even finish painting this...unbelievable!!!!!" and this is what my face looked like ---->:eek::mad::eek:

Keep in mind he was walking around with 2 older gentlemen who were probably around when that car was new (this guy is probably mid 40's) and theyre trying to explain to him that they like the car, etc, etc, etc....and it's just making the guy go on an even bigger tyrant over our car.

Finally we couldn't take it anymore and walked over to the car and told him that wasn't very nice of him....he continues with spewing garbage out of his mouth; obviously unaware that we are in fact the owners of the car. I finally told him that before he opened his mouth about someone's vehicle; maybe he should make sure the owners are not standing 5 feet away.

I was honestly in awe that someone would have that big of a melt-down over an obviously prized vehicle owned by someone. Yes; it may not be everyone's cup of tea but we seem to think we did a fantastic job on the car and we have gotten plenty of praise for it and the car itself attracts its fair share of interest (probably because there isn't any of them around anymore). This a-hole made me want to slap a for sale sign on the cars and just be done with it all. It was really that bad.

2. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Did you ask to see HIS car ?

Dollars to Doughnuts he has No car.

3. Clevername

Clevername

I believe the correct answer to "that guy" is "Where is your car?"

4. csimonds

csimonds

Yeah so I think that was the same asshole that came up to my wife's door and wouldn't let her out last night. He then says to her "hey it looks like you want to hit me" I jumped out and told him that her punch to his jaw was gonna be worse than mine, so move along....

Honestly, there were a few idiots last night..... Mainly the guy parked right beside my Buick with the 49 Roadmaster, who tour my car up lol...... Oh well like you said our cars are a work in progress, I just can't believe somebody would rip Betty apart though. That car is absolutely beautiful!
    Chuck

5. Dang Girl, what nerve, some people just born A-holes.

At a recent show here in town there were these 2 numbnuts looking at my coupe, numbnuts #1 says, I don't like this and I don't like the way this was done, numbnuts #2 says, yeah, somebody really f'd up this car. I opened the door and closed it very loud and clear like, both numbnuts 1&2 look at me and say, "Nice Car", I just gavem the hairy eyeball and said, that's not what you said just a minute ago, both faded into the crowd abruptly.

6. 61TBird

61TBird

7. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

for real?! some people just have some nerve:mad:

we checked out your car; that thing is going to be one slick ride when its finished! Thing looks sweet!

I'm not one to put up with any BS but this guy was unbelievable...he probably wouldn't have had any issue with punching me back by the looks of things.

unbelievable

8. Special Ed

Special Ed

Unfortunately, common decency and respect is not a prerequisite to attend a carshow. That's sad that one person can ruin our outlook on things. I'm pretty certain that everyone else who looked at your car could appreciate your efforts. Let's assume the guy is a painter, and that's why he picked up on the un-painted brackets. Let's further assume he inhaled too many fumes yesterday, and we'll simply dismiss him. :)

9. the correct response to the asshole is a well disguised elbow to the chops while pointing out something on your car to somebody else. apologize for being so clumsy.

10. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

someone would actually say that about your coupe?!:eek:

Now you can rip open that magazine thats blazing the grits coupe inside and ask them if it was so hideous, then why would a popular hot rod magazine feature it nation-wide?:D

11. JOHNPO

JOHNPO

The funny thing is he probably owns a 2010 mustang with a gull-wing doors..And will win a trophy... FUCKING...PIE HOLE.. DICK STANE...ASSHOLE...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  12. 100% Matt

100% Matt

What cruise where you at??? Reminds me of a similiar situation.... a buddy of mine kept running into the same guy at local shows. Everytime the guy would see his car he would come over and make a big scene. It was pretty unreal....Finally I ran into the guy at Vernon Golf land cruise. I had a few words with him and that was the last time I've ever seen him..

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Farmergal, I feel your pain. Too bad you had to go through this baptism.

Welcome to the Car Show/Cruise Night world and happy to introduce you to the "portable big shot"

I see these guys every week. They are easy to spot from a block away. They are the aggressive personality with two or three diciples following a pace behind and taking in every "factual" word he states.

Don't let it bother you. It is never going to end. Either thicken your skin, confront them or walk away.

and don't let it bother you! Don't sell your project. Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

bob

14. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

We were at the colchester cruise. Im making sure the car goes back there next month. this time; i'm going to stand there until the idiot shows up again and this time he's going to get an earful, and maybe a faceful too. I didnt hear everything he said since i was busy spacing out but my boyfriend filled me on his complete ramblings after we walked away.

15. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

It probably is him then if he showed up at the vernon cruise! I wish i could've dug my camera out of my purse fast enough to video this jackass in action. He was a shorter dude, not very tall, on the thinner side, black or dark brown shorter hair and possible a mustache or something like that? i saw him tearing it up on someone else vehicles as he was walking along about an hour later and i was going to ask him to express his joy towards the shitty plymouth once more; my boyfriend told me to carry on :D

Maybe we'll hit up the vernon cruise this friday just to see if he shows up!

16. robleticia

robleticia

I agree with 61 TBird!

17. Do they serve alcohol at this "cruise" in?

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

if some butthead ranted like that about my car there would be three hits...

me hitting him

him hitting the ground

the ambulance hitting 90 on the way to the hospital

19. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

There are assholes in every sport. You are lucky to have spotted one. Personally I'd do everything to avoid him in the future. There are too many nice descent people in the world to spend any time with the few idiots. You need to develop a thicker skin and let it go. JMHO

20. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

nope. burgers, dogs, and ice cream. Its a "family" event. they fill the old town green with cars. Its a pretty popular cruise. lots of different stuff every week. We always get an earful about how we shaved the rear door handles off the car. the only thing i tend to hear is "blah blah blah blah blah." i've gotten good at tuning the idiots out but this guy was literally yelling. It was quite embarassing

21. csimonds

csimonds

No, no alchohol served at the cruise, but this guy deffinetelly has a few road soda's on the way....... Sounds like the same character farmergal.
    Chuck

22. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i've got pretty thick skin but this guy was like nothing i've even seen or thought i'd see. lets hope he doesnt show up at the next one :)

23. bobscogin

bobscogin

Fools names, like fool's faces, are often seen in public places. You will encounter them at car shows. They want nothing more than attention. Don't give it to them by swallowing the bait. Learn to ignore them or don't go to car shows. That's all I got to say about that.

Bob

24. earlytimes

earlytimes

with you being on here i'd think you would be used to that happens on here all the time. LOL

25. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

hahaha. yea, i guess you're right. it was definately noticeable that maybe the guy wasn't quite right but he seemed all to accustomed to flaming people's show cars.

26. Like I said earlier, some people are just made that way. Don't let it ruffle you up so much. There's one at every show and always will be I guess.

27. Dakota Boy

Dakota Boy
    from Racine, WI

Almost seems like he was purposely trying to provoke a fight, so he could file a lawsuit or something.

28. Guy's a bully. Usually someone hits a bully back, they go home crying to mommy and that's the end of it. Kind of sad it's coming from a grown adult (I hesitate to use the term "man"), but some people never quite grow up. Decking him is kind of sinking to his level, but you might also be doing him a favor to give him the kick in the ass he obviously needs to maybe get his head out of there.

That, or he has some game up his sleeve. One of the eBay games is to rip your car, then turn around and want to buy parts from it... at a cruise, maybe the idea to offer a lowball price to buy your car since it's "such junk" would be more likely.

29. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Yup thats him!!! I scared the shit out of him I'm surprised he is back to his old ways...it's been a few years now

30. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I dont think so. He was acting like he was the only one around and he had no clue we were even standing there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.