Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Last Refuge Hot Rods and Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mantuajohn, Mar 30, 2011.

1. John Tumolo

John Tumolo

Can any Hamber help me? I have been trying to get a frame delivered I bought and paid for from Last Refuge Hot Rods for the past 6 months. Anyone in CO or out West know what is happening with them. All I get are excuses and dead phone numbers and Emails. JOHN 856 468 5107

2. Do a search here Good luck

3. Good luck.... That guy is a real piece of work.

4. HotRod33

HotRod33

Did you buy it off of ebay, [if so file a complaint] or did you go direct to last refuge.....? Sorry to say but you probably got screwed by Norb.... this has happened to alot of guys that order from him..... check the other threads about last refuge...... good luck

5. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

What excuses are you getting? Like, it's not in stock or not made yet? I got a perimeter frame from Norb and I had no problems.

6. Tank

Tank

Good luck. Last refuge would be my last refuge! Sorry man. Hes full of excuses, and if you do get a hold of him.... Well, good luck!

7. If you payed with a credit card you can go back to them and get the sale nixed

8. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

I made the mistake of buying a perimeter frame off ebay from him once. Took forever to get it and got excuses of all kinds. I did finally get my frame after about 5 months and it was a decent piece of work. I finally told him he had 3 days to give me a tracking number OR I was coming to Colorado to beat the brakes off him. I try to treat people with respect and do people the way I want to be treated (you know the golden rule). A man such as myself can only take so much. Tell him your gonna pay him a little visit. Good luck my friend!

9. mj40's

mj40's

Even after the HAMB warnings I bought a pickup bed off of him in November last year. I got most of it delivered by January 10th but had to keep on him almost daily. He stretched the delivery date until I could not file with Ebay/Paypal. He was to drop ship the rest from another supplier only to find out he was debt ed to them as well as all of his shipping options. After I filed a complaint with his local BBB I finally got it all delivered. I heard all of the excuses. Keep on him and good luck.

10. Black Primer

Black Primer

Wow! Two Last Refuge threads on page one at the same time. Imagine that!

11. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Aint that a shame.

12. Troyz

Troyz

you got Norb'd! welcome to the club.

13. death13

death13
    from co

ebay has a 90 day window for feed back ,and if you search in customer support you will find a section for feed back after 90 days . you will need the item number and thesellers member number .I'm about 47 mls from him and word over here is big TAX trouble

14. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

It took me 6-months+ to get my A frame. Maybe you will be getting yours soon. Hope so. Good luck.

15. roadtriprod

roadtriprod
    from FARGO ND

Did you see your frame yet? I paid for my 32 frame on OCT 8th, More and more excuses.............................................................................

16. Iron Crank

Iron Crank

Abandon hope all ye who pass this way.

17. roadtriprod

roadtriprod
    from FARGO ND

Its been over 10 months still waiting... More excuses just have to head down there

18. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I've had dealings with Norb on more than one occassion and up until now was kinder a defender of his business since I figured the product was good and he just needed to get his act together.

However, it seems after 2+ years of living in hope for Norb, he has failed to meet the challenges of running a successful business.

I believe some of these failings are directly his doing, whereas when I was at his factory I detected other issues he needed to fix which were not of his intention to create. His workforce would know what I am talking about.

Never the less, it looks like it is over for him as a hot rod supply of parts and panels etc and I guess his workforce will eventually feel the results as well.

19. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Last Refuge Sucks!

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Theres a reason its called "Last Refuge"

21. arbs1976

arbs1976

Heading to colorado is still not going to help you....He won't have it mode when you show up! Even if he has promised that it will be done when you get there. He does make a good product, but not worth the wait and hassle. Hope you paid with a CC! You can call the CC company and get your money back. You will most likely wait forever if you don't spend countless hours on the phone and e-mail.

22. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

Not to beat this conversation to death, but I bought a motorcycle frame off a
    Car/Bike guy. After 2 weeks and some crappy excusses I took a bus ride to Ohio and met face to face with him and his son. I held him while his son got the money (I didn't want the frame anymore). A .45 in the face is better than a good Lawyer in court. Remember: You can take the soldier out of Vietnam, but you can't take Vietnam of of the soldier...AMEN!

23. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

HOLY COW! I bet he pooped his pants.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I would've called a cop. Seems like stupidity and violence go hand in hand.

25. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Contact your credit card company, if you paid some other way, contact the state's attorney general. Also file a complaint with the BBB. Good Luck.

26. krooser

krooser

I bought a plasma cutter from a dude in Georgia on ebay but he never shipped it. After two months of excuses I parked my Peterbilt in his front yard and caled him to tell him i wasn't going anywhere until I got my stuff.... his brother came out of the house and let me get the plasma cutter.

I called the county DA before I did this and they gave me the OK to do what I needed to do short of violence. The DA told me if I needed help the sheriff would love to nail another internet scumbag...

27. Until your ass goes to court for putting a gun in his face.

Stupidity at its finest.

28. 5window

5window

Everybody's Dirty Harry on the Internet

29. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Call tomorrow for a fresh excuse....

30. roadtriprod

roadtriprod
    from FARGO ND

Great news I called norb and he has 6 frames ready to ship an mine is done. Should hear from the shipper any time now. Cancelled my trip but it would be fun to see colorado. Will keep everyone posted on the events to follow.
    It sounds like he makes good products cant wait to see it