Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage **CuznBrucie does the A-Bombers' "Old Style Weekend"**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cuznbrucie, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Orn

Orn

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. I had a good time myself despite the weather.

2. pig iron

pig iron
    from Sweden

CuznBrucie,

Glad to see that your plane didn´t "drink water...."
    You and your Norwigan friends was a great experianse..... I can see that you, and all the other attendends, loved the OSW...
    You did really picked the essense of the weekend with your pics...
    But... you missed the girls, in the Pontiac, I was travelling into, to the OSW...................
    Hope to see you at next OSW.......
    There is no bad weather... Only bad clothes....
    Hope that the pics will be attended....
    Pig Iron

3. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Brucie, the expression on your face in the photos is worth a 1000 words. Glad you had a great time abroad. Thanks for sharing!!!

4. FlatheadRoadster

FlatheadRoadster
    from Sweden

Hi Brucie! Thanks for the kind words.Nice to see your pics.
    Hope you get back next year.
    Take care man!
    /Martin Flink

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Bruce, thanks for the great coverage. Bet you wish you could have attended with your old '32, it would have fit right in with all of the traditional cars present. Better go check a mirror and see if the smile is off your face yet.:cool::D

Frank

6. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Thanks for the American View.

The contraption was built 1942 by Nyman Verken, And was powered with batteries and an electric motor during WWII. In 47 it was upgraded withe a Willers two stroke engine.

It was used for local transport's of small packages ,in the city of Uppsala here in Sweden.

And is again road legal.

7. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks for the pics , Bruce . Looks like a hell of a fun time . Another one to add to my bucket list !

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Cool pics Brucie, thanks for sharing your trip!! They've got some fine early fords over there!

9. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

wow what great pictures...!

10. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Stefan......you were one of the people I was looking for at the OSW........I looked for your car everywhere but never saw it so I figured that you couldn't make it.......I am sorry that you got let down by your people.......you should have come and I would have hung with you!!

I was hoping to tell you how much I have enjoyed your posts showing your immense metalworking skills.........oh, well.......maybe another time.......I hope I can return before I get too old for the stresses of travel....

Cheers....... CB

11. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Man! I can't stop smiling. Great pics, great stories,what a trip! Thanks for sharing!

12. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

dig the electrical tape windshield "waterproofing"..haha I love it

13. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

Thanks for the pics. To bad i couldnt make it, i tried but had some serious motor problems on the way there so i didnt make it.

14. Thanks Brucie for sharing. Nice to see that folks from the States come over here to us and expirence how it's done.
    Hope that you'll come over again some time, so we can re-meet! Have a great day!

Klaus

15. bobbooth

bobbooth
    from limeyland

Great thread and pics....

16. sololobo

sololobo

C.B., you are the bomb. What a spectacular scene, this would be a dream of a lifetime for me. These folks live the lfestyle like nowhere else. Just fab pix anc event coverage. Thanx to all. ~sololobo~

17. onedge

onedge

Thanks Cuzn I had no idea, very cool.

18. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Hey hey

That was a good coverage of the weekend my Friend. I'm so glad you could make it over here and that we could share the shakedown ride in my roadster. Only a couple of kilometers test drive before the ride to Uddevalla, (400 km) seamed a bit risky, but the roadster did it's job.
    Easy to see that you had a good time since your smile was on MAX all weekend.
    The weather was shit this year but we had a good time anyway. Very good time.

Hope you can make the trip again some time. OSW is not only about cars as you understood right away. It's about an atmosphere, daydreams of nostalgia, old music, past times AND PEOPLE!!!! You have managed to capture that with your camera like probably no one before you have in an OSW tread here on the HAMB.
    Thank you for that!

And thank you for beeing a wonderfull friend and roadster-ride companion.

I had the time of my life.

Paul.

19. wow! great pics looks like a good time! one word of advice trade your sneaks in for something a little more traditional :p

20. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Hey, Chuck!

I had my high top black Chucks with me but it was just wayyyyyy too wet for them......you know how slowly canvas dries!!! So I went with my old man Diabetic sneakers with the custom-cushioned insoles.........comfort, man, comfort......and they stayed dry! The Swedes are far more hardcore than I am!!

CB

21. Great story!
    Thanks for sharing.

22. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Brucie, Dynamite, Thanks for the great pictures...

23. Thanks a ton for your time cuznB!!! Most excellent camera work and narration. i could never remember all the info you kept up with. AND, thanks to the A-Bombers for carrying the torch and puttin' on such a great event, y'all rock!! Man, that would be a trip to make one day. Thanks for takin' us along cuznB!!

24. chrisman

chrisman

Hey Brucie! It was a real pleasure meeting you, and I hope we get a chance to see each other again soon. It's good to hear you enjoyed your trip, you are always welcomed back to Scandinavia. Thank you for your kind words, I hope you will enjoy the book for a long time.

Take care!
    Christer

25. Far Out..................
    Thanks.

26. What a time you had - thanks for sharing - great pics!

27. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

CB..sorry i didnt meet you. i saw pauls fantastic roadster parked pretty close to my merc.
    we should have had that HAMB meet and greet, we had a couple of years back.
    glad you like the scandinavian way of doing things...and thanks for the story!
    -palle

28. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Palle.......I am also sorry that we did not meet.......I was meeting so many people I could hardly keep up........I have been communicating with quite a few Swedes and Norwegians for more than a few years......it was so cool to finally meet many of these guys in person......

I love the way you Scandinavians do it....really mellow, yet hard core *old style!!* Wish our guys would take some lessons from you!!

All best wishes,

CB

29. fww32

fww32

Great post and you wore the Jalopy Showdown t shirt.

30. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Outstanding pic's, Brucie! Looks like you had a great time...