Register now to get rid of these ads!

symco shakedown 2011 pic.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willie57, Aug 12, 2011.

1. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Where are all the Symco show pictures? You guys must be recovered by now!

I wasn't able to make it this year, so I have to live vicariously . . .

Come on, I double dog dare ya to post 'em up!! :D

2. poopeye

poopeye

Drank wayyyyyyyyyyy too much PBR and had wayyyyyyyyyy too much fun! An absolute AWSOME event! Thanks Mike!

3. You missed a few facts for sure, you woke up Sunday morning with a hang over a perl necklace and being the newest WI Vagabond !

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  4. leadfoot

leadfoot

5. I have been to almost every traditional Hot rod and custom show in the U.S....THE Round up has The best night life and the lil extras mini bike races ect , THe Pileup has arguably the best Music, Viva some of the coolest cars , THe Rust Revival has one of the coolest settigs ....I will tell you this SYMCO Shakedown has taken the best of these shows and put it all together.....IF you are missing this show ... you are missing out on one of the truly great events in this nation !!!!!!!

6. carshowgirl

carshowgirl

DITTO, I dont think I will ever miss this show!

7. redhawk74

redhawk74

Leadfoot, thanks for all of great pictures.

8. Squablow

Squablow

I hope everyone here who came to Symco and had a good time can also try to change the minds of the guys at the KKOA show who are now canceling it for this year. I hope if we all band together we can get them to keep it on. Please check out this thread and let them know if you can come.

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617406

9. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Great pictures leadfoot, Thanks!

Looks like I missed a great show. I hated to miss it this year, but I don't plan on missing it next year! It is definitely a must do event.

10. Had a great time. been a work volunteer for all three and loved every minute of it. The bands kicked butt. Was very cool to meet Voodoo Larry. He is a good down to earth guy. Cann't wait for next year!

11. Please don't thank me. Thank the piles of volunteers who made it happen. Jeff and Squablow who kicked all the junk, streetrods and muscle cars out. Dean steve Luke Hank and the pauls who worked all weekend to put out fires as they started. The OBG group and especially deb and vic who ran my merch booth all weekend and my parents who did about everything. Mitch and dwayne who worked way more than expected. Bopeep and Julie who pulled off the pinup contest and everyone else who helped to make this the BEST hot rod show ever to date. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such high quality people.

Photos from this year are over the top. The miss Symco contest was flawless. the weather was better than usual and we had thousands show up. Oh yeah we had a few nice cars too. Three of which are big time mag cover material.

As jeff said it is summer camp for hot rod folk. Sums it up. We had 200 cars by 5pm Friday but only 50 more on sat. This IS a participant show. Those who come are here for the long haul. The sunday car show crowd stays away. Over 200 camp sites too!!

Thanks to all who came and #4 planning is under way. We will have everything the same with a very special late night addition.

Yours truly. Cliffy

12. SquintBoy

SquintBoy

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Man, just sick I had to miss it this yr! One of my all time fav events ! Looks like a great turnout!

14. MaClutch

MaClutch
    from Midwest

Shakedown #3 Totally Rocked!!!!! May have overworked the new hip but had a blast and wouldn't change a thing!!!!!!!
    MANY MANY THANKS to each and every one of those who volunteered-we can't do it without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. BoPeep

BoPeep

A few more of the Miss Symco Pin-Ups...

Attached Files:

16. BoPeep

BoPeep

and a few more...

Attached Files:

17. Squablow

Squablow

I brought my camera with every intention of taking all kinds of pics, but I was so busy doing stuff all weekend that I didn't have time to take a single one. Between pin-up girls, minibike drags, the swap meet which I got some great scores at, flamethrowers, bands, working the gate on Friday with TudorJeff, drinking mint juleps out of a paint can with the Olivers, and taking my family on a tour of Unionville Saturday afternoon, there just wasn't time to take any pics.

That's how good it was. No lawn chairs or watching the grass grow.

18. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

I guess I can post some.....gimme a minute.

19. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

20. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

21. TheFish

TheFish

22. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Great photos. How do you get that 3d effect? Very cool.

23. Great photo's Mark!

Sorry I couldn't be there but I'm glad you made it... the shows are a bit different from the ones you're used to... :D

Too bad you won't be around for the "Hunnert Car Pile Up" as this one is going to be the last and possibly the "Biggest Blast".

I'll catch up to you later...!:cool:

24. carshowgirl

carshowgirl

Great pics!!!! keep them coming :)

25. x-shift

x-shift

Okay Cliffy, you're right. I want to thank all of the staff, volunteers, old friends, new friends, and even strangers for making us feel so welcome at the Shakedown! We had a FANTASTIC time, and are already geared up for next year! Thanks to my fellow club members of the Kreepers for putting together the minibike drags. If we get the opportunity again, we will have improvements in place.

This truly has become a legendary show, and the extensive efforts of everyone involved show through when I read comments like the ones above. I, too, have been going to shows for 40 years, and I don't remember any as fun as this. One word of advice: stay away from that paint can. The devil lives in there.
    ss3.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss6.jpg

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  26. x-shift

x-shift

A few more...
    ss9.jpg

ss11.jpg

ss7.jpg

ss8.jpg

ss10.jpg

ss12.jpg

27. to those who volunteered thanks. to cliffy great show again. nice to see that all the junk rods were not there. i thought the bands were better this year to. great weather great people. by far the best show out there. cant wait until next year.

28. Re: symco shakedown 2011 pic.

Attached Files:

29. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks Mike & the volunteers for all the hard work...it was clearly worth it.

30. I know there are more pics floating around out there. Come on guys let's see um.

I posted some on the Symco site if anyone is interested.