Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reading threads....you ever hold back on a reply?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by INVISIBLEKID, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah! Never did like'em....

2. Excuse me, it's skullzz, get it right.

3. voodoo1

voodoo1

I tried, but i was "Disapointed" Sometimes it's hard to hold back.

4. RichG

RichG

I think the Chinese have been slipping psychotropics into our food...

5. Ahh.. the H.A.M.B.....a boon, and a curse. Ryans kicked my arse a coupla times....like a mate of mine said..if you get emotionally involved in a reply....write it up and wait a couple of hours and then look at it again ......you will probably have cooled down and deleted it.
    It's more than a source of info...it's a social network.....you just have to operate within the given parameters.
    Of course after a couple of bourbons ...all bets are off.:D:D:D

6. Commish

Commish
    from NW Ok

Thanks Ed, now I feel like I have been taken in, and I did not get that info off the internet, if I had I would have probably checked it out. I actually read that in a newspaper a while back. Now I am going to have to start fact checking them to.

7. Muttley

Muttley

Thats one of the dumbest things I've seen on the HAMB in a long time. I've got lots of posts here but I've also been on the HAMB for 7+ years...............that averages out to less than 5 posts per day. You dont comment on more than 5 things a day?

8. SocanIassume that you dpn't know howtopuncuate uses speeeel shceck or the search function and ou have never posted an intro! correct.:,:

I am going to be honest with you. I am not very good at the rules. An introduction is not real important to me I seldom read them but it is a rule that everyone one would know if they were not in an all fired hurry to get instant gratification. Sometimes if someone mentions it in passing it will give the OP a chance to get it sorted out before the thread becomes a fire storm.

Search is also a helpful tool if one is not too important to try it once then ask the worlds most bone headed question that has been covered so many times that some of the smarter HAMBers have a response saved to cut and paste.

Proper punctuation or close to proper grammar as well as spelling is helpful if you want a response that is understandable. Most of the older crowd could actually form an understandable sentence by the time they were out of the 3rd grade. I understand that public education is not what it used to be but your common everyday high school graduate should be able to compose an understandable question. Or perhaps know that you can start a new paragraph when changing to a different thought.

I use the spell check to try and catch my spelling mistakes, I have also been known to open word on my computer and tap words into it if I am not sure how to spell them. I have been known to use words improperly because I have not kept up with political correctness, case in point I improperly used racism the other day when I should have used bigotry. The bigots in question used it as an excuse to be bigots. No skin off my nose bogots very seldom have enough sense to poor piss out of a boot anyway.

I am having a real hard time not turning this into a whine session here. So if someone has a little cheese I'll be on my way.

BTW I noticed that Special Ed posted something very important on this thread. For those that are not informed Ed and I have a rather strained relationship (my own doing) so do not take this with a grain of salt like you do most of my posts. He said that people read something on the internet and it becomes truth, whether it is or not. Pay attention he is correct. Go back and read it again.

9. 35hotrod

35hotrod
    from Duvall, WA

Porknbeaner, my dad used to tell me about pouring piss out of a boot all the time. Your post made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

160+ posts about holding back on posting. Oops - I just couldn't hold back!

10. No but sometimes I probably should! OldWolf

11. Well I just re read my post and after all my ranting I spelled bigot wrong once.

I actually wasn't going to post any more than my original post on this thread but I wanted to raise my post count. :rolleyes:

I really don't have anything to add to this thread. I could rant for an hour or two but what would be the point.

When I was little I could never figure out how the piss got in there in the first place. :D

12. That's funny! But 1gearhead was compelled to post on this thread though,hahaha! POST WHORE!!!

13. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I hate to say this but the old timers have a hell of a lot more posts than that...

We lost all of the early posts every time we changed servers. No Pokeymon posts in this current count.

I've been here going on 12 years now. I talk too much but I do like to keep our history straight and correct any new guys that are relying on old magazines to imagine and guess at what it was like. Most of the old hotrodders didn't get their cars in print.

see I got another one.:D

14. 9 pages and 164 posts and still going. Absolutely amazing. :rolleyes:

15. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Remember, post count can be anything from a X2 to a tutorial.

There are people that for various reasons are 'shut-ins' and posting on forums is about their only way of communicating with the masses and assuming an identity.

It would be interesting to know how many here have dual (or more) identities.

16. RadioFlyer

RadioFlyer

Yeah, due to some events that transpired in the past I don't bother answering. Theres a faction that is too closed minded, so hey, learn it for yourself.

Alex.

17. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

You guys with your off-topic,late model dictionaries.
    Mine is a traditional 1916.:D

18. onedge

onedge

Yes. I only do so anymore to get rid of the reminder that I havent posted in while.:)

19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

you can't be serious right now....I'm pretty sure there are plenty of hard working HAMB folks here with well over 2000 posts who turn plenty of wrenches day to day. Just because they have over 2000 posts or 10,000 posts doesnt mean they are post-whores...and yes you SHOULD give a rats ass about what they have to say. The person hiding behind that screen name with 10,000 posts could be a well known or well-respected rodder who has built more top of the line rods than you could ever shake a stick at in your lifetime. as an active member of this forum/social group.... I browse many threads daily and i try to leave several posts daily whether they be big or small...theyre mainly words of encouragement on other HAMBers projects.

I have more respect for someone with several thousands of posts than someone with 230 posts. Why? because i know they are actively participating in this forum. It doesnt take long to do some research on these forums to see if the person actually is worthy of praise, either. If you're going to "waste your time" on these forums then you might as well PARTICIPATE in the conversations...not just hide behind a screen name

20. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I have found the delete key handy.
    Not to say I use it as often as I should.
    Oh! Wait! I should have used it here.

21. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

I think your T is one of the coolest out there.
    As far as untraditional,what,it has disc brakes and radials? Who cares.
    The icing on the cake is that you rebuilt it after the cop tried to kill you and I assume your driving it again.
    That makes you and your T bad-ass.:cool:

22. I post a lot because I'm at a desk for 8-9 hours a day, but when it comes to this customs stuff I know only what I've learned on here from the convos and from the friends I've made, not to mention some of the great shop owner/ fabricators that I've met and used from there... like Matt Townsend.

I did have a 9.40 and also a 10.00 drag car in the past so know something about drag racing and 60 fts.

I also know a fair amount about LS1's but that's OT for this site.

Keep helping us customs lightweights!

23. I don't know about dual or more identities but I was at my analyst's office the other day and when I went in I had been reading in a magazine that one out of every five people have some sort of neurosis. So I told him about it and he said, " how does that make you feel?" I answered him and said, "Well doc we're OK where does that leave you?"

Sorry I just couldn't resist and neither could I.

John,
    I know this is probably off topic for this thread as if I care. You probably know more than you think you know. I have noticed a thread or two non race related that you have had something to add even if you didn't think so.

You can always post what you know to be true or think that you know to be true. Someone else can always let you know that you may have been mistaken. A lot of learning in our world is done by interaction. Sometimes you get it wrong but if you didn't speak up how would the other fella know that you needed to know that little bit of information.

Lots of the fellas on here have pointed out to me that I may very well be mistaken. Sometimes it is a slap and tohers just a gentle nudge. A lot like it was in the Ol' Man's shop for the better part of the majority of my life. Mechanics are not gentle people as a rule, has nothing to do with a lack of education it has everything to do with the culture in general. Sometimes one of the Ol' Man's croanies would just nudge me a little when I said or did something that was wrong and others was not so gentle if it was a real bone headed I got it wrong. Both were just fine, I don't think I have been scarred for life by it, and either have I.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Dual!..Dual?

how about 16!:eek:

shut up whos talking to you?

oh , sorry back with you now.

who is that? Dave?

shhhhhh!:mad:

25. Deuces

Deuces

Right on!!!!! :)

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm not a shut-in...it's called house arrest...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. voodoo1

voodoo1

Very good points on this thread. My kids tell me I should get a Facebook page since I post on the Hamb. They say it's the same thing. I tell 'em no, it's not. Those people don't have a life. Hambers do!

28. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

I come here to engage in whatever is being posted in the threads, and not some kind of popularity contest.
    Some of the photos and discussions bring back thoughts decades old of things I actually experienced which I'll admit, could possibly be remotely incorrect, so I do not mind being known as the old guy who can't remember sht.
    In any case, this is a well run public forum, and I thoroughly enjoy participating........... even if I am seldom incorrect ! :)

Tom S. in Tn.

29. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

...And they all stink! LOL

30. Then we'd have no Brian Bass, Rolf, Littleman, Paul, I could go on and on. Guys who not only build cars from the ground up but take the time to photograph and post every step of the way for us. Maybe until you post actual build pics, you know, DOING SOMETHING in the garage, you should be restricted from voicing opinions???