Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pics from a salvage yard auction yesterday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Aug 14, 2011.

1. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

There was a guy on here somewhere building a large scale coupe or roadster using an old firetruck frame and running gear.. Cant seem to find it though.. I think it was a pierce arrow fire truck or sonething crazy like that

Thanks,
    Skrach
    www.VividlyVintage.com

2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Thanks for sharing. I keep hearing folks don't get into Rods and Customs because it's too expensive!

The 55 Buick and early 50's Fords (as well as the 62, 63 Chevy's) are pretty solid "starter" cars. A guy coul have taken all 3 home for less than $1000, or at least the 2 Fords and had himself a decent start on a mild Custom "on the cheap".

Sure they're not 32-34 Fords, but could build up into nice drivers or be flipped later/building equity toward a more desireable car for the owner. It would be a good path to paticipate (rather than spectate) the cruise night scene.

Hopefully they get built and not parted out/scrapped.

FWIW I like the REO too and the Fiat; I'd be looking for a way to make it into a daily mileage maker commuter.

3. PinHead

PinHead

One of my dad's old rodding buddies (who unfortunately has passed) was really into stuff like that, Reos, Maxwells, early Ts and the like. Wasn't a big fan of model As, he thought they were "too new". Ha!

4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Paul, was this at Fullers?

5. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Shit. I'd have gone $1000.00 on the little fiat. Damn it. Oh well, thanks for the pics. Todd

6. If the charger used to be a hemi, somebody stole that car at $3300 !!!!!!!! >>>>.

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Yes it was Fuller's and no the 66 had a 383 in it, not a Hemi.

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

It was dented on the passenger side.

9. rustyhood

rustyhood

Some real challenges there! Nice pics!

10. that phone booth pickup is worth the price for just the doors
    man
    tk

11. BCR

BCR

It is cool that they let them survive the crusher. Nice move.

12. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

This is worth flipping! Might want to grab it.

13. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Paul, Looks like another neat report by you on the local happenings in your area.

Dave

14. RAY With

RAY With

Really cheap prices for most of them you showed but to far away for it to be worth while for just one car purchase.

15. bluejester

bluejester
    from ohio

I have a 54 ford im building and could have used both those early 50's fords...damn the luck lol

16. Nothing went that cheap at a local auction I went to last week. The smallest cars, a Datsun pickup and a 50s 4dr that they also said was a Datsun, maybe 2000-2500 lbs each, went for $250, and both were rough, no glass, rotty, etc. The '58 Buick Roadmasters went for $900 for the rough one and $2100 for the nice one.

17. 57J2

57J2

Good to see there are still some deals out there. That 55 Buick would have made someone a great project for double the price.

18. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

any 39-46 chevy/gmc trucks there

19. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

A Fiat 600- my buddy Cantrell that had all the 427 Cobras and GT40's in the 70's drug home one of them and brought it to me to straighten out the wiring- it was an autocross car, and had a four-carb 140hp Corvair engine in the back seat, with a spider intake/Holley 4V/ big Crower cam, headers that dumped forwards into a Turbo muffler and exited behind the right front tire, big fender flares with 10" wide roadrace gumballs. It had a homemade open cable/pulley setup connected between the clutch pedal and clutch which was more like a light switch, sat about 3" off the ground, and just went like stink- I mean REALLY fast, and a bit of a handfull considering the wheelbase. I got to play with it for about 3 weeks, evil sounding critter- did I mention it was FAST? As in spooky fast?

20. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i'd rock a 500 or a Dyna for those numbers!! uber cool, thanks for posting.

21. Squablow

Squablow

Always interesting to see what stuff sells for, glad some stuff got saved even if it didn't bring the owner much money. Thanks for sharing.

22. i maintain a '22 reo firetruck for a guy in the big city, looks all original except 350 chevy/automatic. looks like a museum piece but flies like the wind... uhhh....stops like the wind though.

23. historynw

historynw

That 65 Sport Fury convertible is a Pace Car edition.:(

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Damn that's in my price range, I could have doubled my number of non-drivable white cars that I hope to someday get on the road....

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

that's why I didn't tell you---:D

26. Giant speedster project

auctions are fun always good to see what some one else" thought "was worth saving funny how you will remember stuff you did not buy ..or were outbid on

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  27. rustyangels

rustyangels

Made me laugh! Great quote

28. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

29. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Ouch! :)

30. Damn, I wish I'd known about that auction, I'd have brought my trailer. There would definitely be another project in the shop this morning!