Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects project 1946 ford truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by octobeak, Dec 6, 2010.

1. benflathead

benflathead

Yep fabricated bed and the original fenders have been widened 4 inches as the aussie bodies were the same width as the back of the cab. But I wanted more of a step side look.

2. your truck just keeps getting cooler octo, dash looks awesome

3. octobeak

octobeak

It looks badass and you have the only one like it, I always enjoy seeing someone make a car there own.

4. octobeak

octobeak

Thanks for the positive words sicknucklehead, I'm trying to keep motivated through the hot az summer while another project(OT) is sapping my extra money. I cleaned up the GB from the latest pic adding a different knob, and started working on the cowl vent handle... I'll keep posting pics as I get to it

5. everythings looking great man! very different. where are you getting those sheets of copper?

6. I really like where this PU is going, it's a little different and I like that, very nice machine work here.
    Thanks for the pictures & posting.

7. octobeak

octobeak

Thanks for the interest! I work for a copper and brass foil and emboss die making facility. Fortunately I know how to run and program the CNC machines so when I have an idea my boss lets me pull brass from the scrap bin and make it. The copper is all hand cut sheets at 16ga thickness, I have the ability to etch images into each piece but haven't come up with an idea subtle enough to work. I was thinking if a light firearm style filigree etching... maybe just around the edges...

8. octobeak

octobeak

Thanks very much! I checked out the 40 ford album and it looks great, yours is much much cleaner but it seems like we have a very similar theme to both our trucks...badass

9. octobeak

octobeak

Haven't updated in quite awhile due to a lack of progress with the old ford. I decided to replace a few rides better off left unmentioned in these parts. The good news is that I decided I want to daily drive one of my classics as a result...

anyway, heres some wheel options Im trying out
    I got a whole set of these at the GCC swapmeet for $45!
    [​IMG]
    they are 1970's ET wire mags 14x7.5 with 2.5 inch backspacing
    [​IMG]

Here's some wheels off of my chevelle, they are American Racing salt flat specials 17x7 front with 17x9.5 rear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I like them but still not sure about low pros on a 46 ford

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I know I might be the only one not in a bunch on this board about 17" wheels, but I'd say that nails it! Always liked the Salt Flats, I have the 15" version on the Plymouth.

11. octobeak

octobeak

They look proper on your ply, it kinda brings the front end together. I kind of figured most traditional cats on H.A.M.B. wouldn't dig the flats, but they do offer a traditional design.