Register now to get rid of these ads!

2nd anual WASHINGON STATE E vs. W run official thread 2011!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Even though, I consider myself an OVH hemi lovin' hot rodder. The part of last year's event I enjoyed the most was looking at the fully restored stock flathead powered vehicles in attendace. Personally, I would love to see more "Dearborn Award" winning, fully restored flathead powered vehicles and pre Model T era vehicles, like a Model N, at the upcoming
    show. And I would have no problem with a 100 point restoration or century old vehicle being trailered into the show because for me, it would be an honor just to have them attend.

I know the soul of the event is driving a flathead powered vehicle, but it sure would be nice to have some cool old stuff to look at once everyone made it to Vantage.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. MrModelT

MrModelT

I had planned to run the T on this last year, but was unable to attend....was quite upset. This year she will have a whole new motor...hopefully she'll be ready by September.

3. We really don't want trailed cars there. There are some exceptions- race cars, boats, midgets and of course cars that just can't make that drive...because they were not designed to do that (like a Ford Model N). If there is a specialty car or truck that would like to attend via trailer please get a hold of John or I and let us know. We DO NOT want a bunch of trailed cars showing up just because the owner did not want to get a couple bugs splattered on it. THIS IS A RELIABILITY RUN- not a "throw out yer lawn chair" car show.

4. I REALLY wanna see your car there! One of my favorite T's!

5. rotenjon

rotenjon

Hopfully i will have my Tudor up and running by then so i can also attend, looking forward to it!!!:)

6. MrModelT

MrModelT

I will certainly try to have the T ready for this.....last year looked like a blast and was glad to see other T's running. I Look forward to joining them and all the rest. :D

7. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

X2 unless it's towed in by a flathead.

8. april may

april may

So who needs a co-pilot? :D

9. I do!..... along with a working flatty....:D

10. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

CHRIS; Going to try and make it with my cabover again this year,gotta figure out how to speed it up so everybody aint pissed off at me again!! Chris

11. I think my '48 Dodge ½-ton may be up to the task

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is the one event where it's as much or more about the driving the flathead and getting there as it is about showing the car after you get there.

If I don't get my butt in gear I won't have a flathead there this year but I am plugging away at it.

I'm trying to get a friend to take a really sweet little shoebox up there as he doesn't like regular shows as there are alway too many nitpickers around even though his car is about as nice as they come.

Chris have you got any form of flyer that you could post that some of us could print out and hand to a few flathead people who wouldn't otherwise know about the event? It doesn't need to be fancy, just informative.

13. We are going to get some flyers pretty quick...when we do I'll post em here!!

14. chris98006

chris98006
    from Seattle WA

Chris, I'm "in" this year! Should be interesting with a stock Banger!

15. Getting closer guys!

16. Getting close to the 3 month mark. Wonder if the weather will be good by then :D

17. RichG

RichG

I'll push myself there with my walker if you're gonna show up with that T!

Come to think of it, I kinda have a flat head from hitting it so much when I used to weld on emission pipes in the smelter...

18. MrModelT

MrModelT

I planning to make it with the roadster, but this will be about the same time my new engine for the Bonneville run next year arrives...so I may need to take advantage of all the time I have and have her down in pieces at the time of the run...

Chris and I will however (if the roadster doesn't make it) be driving our speedster, "The Becker Special" on the run as a break-in road test.

[​IMG]

We'll just have to see what happens before then...

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I told a friend that has a sweet little shoebox about the event and am going to work o him to get him to go.

20. RichG

RichG

Oh my... that is sweet!

21. Getting closer!!! Maybe the weather will be good by then :D

22. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Finally some decent summer weather. E/W run is tops. Everyone in the NW with a flathead anything should try to make it. No excuses!

23. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

My buddy just finished his 36 pick-up, maybe I'll talk him into going? Maybe? He likes to just look at his own rigs sitting in his garage and never drive them because they might get scratched! Some people! Well, at least I'll be there!

24. greenracer

greenracer
    from sequim wa

Hey is anyone from the Olympic Peninsula gonna make this run? Trying to get a few things worked out on my car so I can make it. Sounds like a blast.
    Greenracer

25. doubletubtrouble

doubletubtrouble

looking forward to this run, should be great!

26. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

ill be there in the A !

27. What A?

28. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

I'm flying my Dad out from Australia specially for this. Now, who wants to bribe me to decide if I join the East or West? :)