Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage **CuznBrucie does the A-Bombers' "Old Style Weekend"**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cuznbrucie, Aug 12, 2011.

1. lorodz

lorodz

thanks for tour ...great shots

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

You're probably wondering where some pics from the Hillclimb are......here's a few......and my pal, Rolf Backevic won the hot rod class and Ronald "Gombal" Andersen from Norway won the motorcycle division.........Gombal was so cool with his full leathers and high laced boots, old style goggles and that beard he has.......very cool guy, and friendly as well.......congratulations to Gombal and Rolf for being the winners this year!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's Rolf receiving his awards from the A-Bombers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You just cannot believe how many people show up at Devil's Peak to grab a place on the hill and watch them do the hillclimb......must have been thousands of people show up!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did almost all video as the cars and bikes came up the hill.....I may try to upload some of those clips to YouTube and then link from the HAMB........that's if I have time........

More to come...don't change that dial...

3. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Some more pics from this great weekend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All good things must come to an end I guess so we headed out on Sunday morning.......but it was raining pretty hard.......we could have waited it out, but, what the hell......we're hard core hot rodders, right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we gassed up and headed back north on the E6 highway this time.....a more direct route and a 4 lane highway where we could really hammer it......the rain, my God, the rain!

[​IMG]

It literally poured rain all the way back to Sarpsborg.......but, you know what? We didn't care at all......just enjoyed the ride in a topless roadster and laughed at all of it.......what a time we had.....I will never forget my time in Scandinavia and I hope that maybe I can return someday......for now, I will just savor the memories and the pics.........hope you enjoyed the trip........I sure as hell did!!

[​IMG]

Makin' it home again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CB

4. Davey.S

Davey.S
    from Sweden

Hey brucie! i met you on Friday i think, we talked about your friends car and i rang? him up on my cellphone for you. Remember? Anyway, nice meeting you!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  5. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

great pictures

6. bushwacker 57

bushwacker 57

THANKS for the photos how cool the number 15 roadster with LUPO on the cowl was Ben a good friend of my father in-law Vince Palombino from San Francisco i can remember Lupo at Half moon bay driving a 63 406 galaxy super stock. It looks like they know how to PARTY.

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Well done Bruce good to see you mixing it up with the swedes.others would say it was a fashion show , people playing dress up but you got to know people and appreciate them for who they are. And provided some awesome shots. Very envious!

8. Lockwasher

Lockwasher

Thanks cuznbrucie for sharing your Scandinavian journey with us...so cool!

9. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Davey!...Yes!.........later I found out what happened on that......the guy I know and talked to on the phone could not make it to the OSW, and he had sold to the car to the guy who was there......I talked to the guy who bought the car and he acknowledged that he had bought it from Thomas......

So that's why he was at home and puzzled when *we* called him......

Thanks again for your efforts!! Very cool technology!

CB

10. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Thanks so much for the entertaining trip to Sweden. Just loved the pictures of the hotel you stayed at. Just so very interesting with your photos and narratives. Thoroughly enjoyed the story. Thanks for taking the time to post.

11. cruzr

cruzr

outstanding thread..........bravo !~!

12. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Nice pics

No of my relativs have time or did't want to go with me to the hillrace so i stayed home.
    Not so funny to go alone

/Stefan

13. Jalopy Banger

Jalopy Banger
    from Sweden

Hey Brucie, thanks for calling, but we had a very bad telephone connection.. I'm glad you enjoyed the OSW and met all the nice Scandinavians and saw a lot of cool cars. Have not had the opportunity yet to visit OSW but hope i can manage it in the future. It is a cool meeting. My problem is that it takes a long time for me to go there with the roadster, which just makes 60kmh... Thank you for your pictures, liked them a lot.
    /Tom

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good pix CB,----The last ones--My kind of roadster "Nuts"---Thanks for sharing!

15. You're a great ambassador for the USA...some nice cars there...Thanks for sharing a neat trip....

16. jipp

jipp

17. hershambob

hershambob

great pics thanks

18. 34fordchop

34fordchop
    from California

Cool pics, thanks for sharing ...

19. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Awesome.... Looks like a great time...... too bad the rain!!!

20. sawzall

sawzall

21. Excellent thread Cuz! The friends you met and made are the best part. I would love to attend that event one day.

22. Outstanding!! Thanks.

23. Great pics Cuz. A little foul weather didn't phase these people at all. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Later,
    Dick

24. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Hardcore Bruce...hardcore..... wonderful thread and them Norwegians & Swedes do it right.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  25. banginona40

banginona40

Thanks for the look, What fun!

26. Mart

Mart

Great report, Bruce, thanks for taking the time to post up all the pics.

Mart.

27. Wow Bruce,you know how to have a great experience!

Thank you for taking us along and it looks like these guys know how to have a good time! HRP

28. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Awesome, man... Looked like a great time. Thanks for all of the photos!

Malcolm

29. Koz

Koz

Man Cuz! What an experience. Thanks for posting. I had no idea the scene was so alive over there. An amazing amount of traditional iron and some really cool flatties they obviously drive the wheels off.

Very cool!

30. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

CuznBrucie, I can see why you want to go back. It looks like you had an outstanding time. Too much fun for one person to endure - almost. Thanks for posting the travelogue...