Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects M/F-ing HOT RODS, '32 3W build for a HAMB member!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ELpolacko, Aug 12, 2011.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yea that's what I'm asking too scooter!! Dang EP That's freakin' nuts!!!!!

2. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

This thread is meant to SHOWCASE the talents of Rudy and ELP.

Now back to our regularly sceduled programming.

Sorry fir the rant

3. I use Alibre' and the PDF generator is native pretty much built in. It also has plugins to do FEAs and other stuff. They recently set up to use Keyshot for pretty good photorealistic renders. Something I'm going to have to learn sooner or later.

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great! Thanks!!

5. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Nice work man!

6. Great build!

Scooter, you can use eDrawings for things like that also, you can send .exe files of eDrawings to people so they can look, spin and measure off it. I use it all the time for clients that are not CAD, but want to look at my models.
    I think its free.

7. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

The HAMB hasn't had an awesome build like this one for a while! Keep it up!

8. Bar Ditch

Bar Ditch
    from Tacoma

Nothin like a good ol' build to get the fires burnin!

9. Seeing this makes me wanna cry a little. That car belonged to my brother and he had no choice but to sell it off. Damn shame. We dreamed and schemed over that bitchin' coupe for quite a few years with nothing happening. Looks like it's in good hands now though. I like the work your doing on the chassis. Looks really nice. Will the car stay in Az or will it leave after you work your magic? I thought a fellow from Alabama bought it. I am definetly going to have to get to your shop real soon to check out your progress. Maybe I'll swing by on my return trip from the Hamb drags. I have to pick up my quickie in Phoenix anyways. Shoot me your address and I'll mapquest it. Dale

10. Pete

Pete

God damn thats good looking shit right there!!!!

Your right...the HAMB is for hot rods!

Keep it coming.

Pete-

11. B1gDaddy - I'm sure you don't need anyone to tell you ... but with the bitchin' chop by Rudy and the bitchin' chassis work by ELpolacko ... your Deuce 3wd is gonna be Just Plain Bitchin' !!!

12. Jim P

Jim P
    from Tyler, TX

Awesome fabrication!

Question - The T-5 in the shot of the tranny and motor in the floor has the shifter located to the middle of the tranny. Later shots show it to the rear like a mustang set up. Did you relocate to the rear? I was thinking they needed to be in the middle position. I am building a roadster and was concerned about seat clearance with the position on the tail.
    Thanks

13. hammered30

hammered30
    from west aus

that is some of the best work i have ever seen. keep it up.looking forward to up dates .imo all hotrods should have three pedals also subscribed

14. beater32

beater32

That's an awesome chassis table.

15. Dale - According to the OP, HAMBer B1gDaddy (Anthony) bought it ... and his HAMB profile notes that he is located in "aladambama" ... which I'm guessing is somewhere close to the state of Alabama ;)

16. Harms Way

Harms Way

Fantastic work, stance & profile,.... This car is going to be a genuine "Hot Rod !"

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Jim,
    That's not a T-5. It's a Tremac TKO series trans. In my humble opinion, the best money can buy for a performance hot rod. I have been torture testing mine in the Plymouth for about 7 years now and well over 100,000 miles with no ill effects. My car is out puting H.P. in the low 400 range. ELpolacko's has been in his truck about ten years, is the earlier "weaker" version and regularily see all of his trucks 700 H.P.

18. thequietwon

thequietwon

I have always loved this car...I lusted after it heavily while it was listed on ebay. You, sir will have one bad-ass car!!
    Sam

19. The trans in the first pic you see it is actually a Tremec TKO 500 attached to a 371 Olds. It has the mid-shifter position. The trans you see bolted to the black SBC is actually inside the box in the picture take with the Olds engine.

I wanted the mid position on this, the guys at AMP will move it later. I just needed the trans to get started.

I'm fond of it too. As much as it sucked to drill and tap all those holes I wish I had done twice as many.

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Nice nuts Stevie, all those aircrafty ones. Beautiful fab too....of course. I've got the front and rear cross members and '32 ASC rails if you need a guinea pig. Just saying....

21. daddio211

daddio211

Awww... now THAT'S generosity right there! LOL

22. Epic.

Oh, and is that the RR in the background?

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Why, yes it is...

24. henryj429

henryj429

This car will need big 20" rims so everyone can look underneath and see that chassis work.

Just kidding....the workmanship is killer. I can look at this kind of stuff alll day!

25. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Wow. Absolutely bitch'n.

26. lorodz

lorodz

27. tinmann

tinmann

Very nice fab.

28. slammed

slammed

Rant away, it's truth spoken. This car is flat-out killer!

29. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

completely bitchin!!!!!!!!!!