Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<<< Friday Art Show 8/12/11 >>>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

Thanks!

2. randyfloyd

randyfloyd

I'm new here as of today, thought I might as well throw my hat in the ring for starters. So much great work here and y'all are crazy talented. I don't have much work to show since I'm just getting back into art after over 20 years of neglect, but here's a lunchtime pencil sketch that is HAMB friendly.

Attached Files:

3. boss245

boss245

Man, amazing stuff, everybody gets better and better each week!!

Nothing finished from me this week, just some sketches on paper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Welcome aboard Randy. That's some nice pencil work. Now we're going to be looking for your stuff each Friday. Write us a profile so we can get to know ya'.

5. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

[​IMG]
    Whipped this up last Saturday morning on a piece of birch I had laying around

6. Great stuff posted this week .... again!

My contribution to this years HAMB Drags art auction. Laser cut and hand painted sign - aprox 18" dia.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. sambo

sambo

Spoggie! Of your F100 post, the one in the middle is KILLIN me! Absolutely love it! Also,Bomonsters' latest is wicked,where's LoCab? Let's get Norwell Equipted:confused:(I think it should be a word)!That Coy fish by Jen is very incredible but they all are really, she has super powers. I wish I had something amazing to post but it would look silly so I'll just enjoy the show!

8. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

9. sambo

sambo

Randy-can't wait to see more! Do you have long lunch breaks?

10. I agree Randy....These guys have inspired me to begin to try my hand at this stuff too. I'm 65 and retired and will never get to where these talented guys are, but they're all so good that I'm motivated to give it a shot. Great Merc! I look forward to seeing more of your work too....We can encourage one another. I'll have something next week....Centurion9

11. sweet!

12. Man, just LOOK at this! :) It's alive!!

13. lemorris

lemorris
    from Tucson, AZ

Thanks to Dutch Courage, Slim, kenmo and Dan

Spoogie you're awesome. Larry, you da man.

Great work all. Very inspiring.

14. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Well, a bit off topic, I hope thats OK. Since there are a few bike people on here I thought I'd post it up. Forgive me Jeff.
    [​IMG]
    Only painting I got done with this week sorry. Working on a Gasser for next week.
    Looks like I'll be attending the Ventura Nats. Any HAMB artists going to be out there for the labor day weekend?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  15. rawkie

rawkie

My weekly Contribution, hope you all enjoy and have a kick ass weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  16. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

My new ritual on a friday morning is to 1. Pray for inspiration, 2: Pour cup of coffee, 3: Check out Friday Art Show, 4. Inspiration hits and my brain is flooded with ideas! 5.Pray for work. Of course I like more than these today but DAN GREENBERG: Love the look of the blue PU with the yellow lines, WILLYGRAPHIC: your lines, shape of the wheels, stance, etc really gives great motion and attitude to a pile of wood, metal and tires. HOTRODJEN, I agree with everyone else, the coi is cool. The splash around it brings it forward from the background nicely.KCSLEDZ: Love the typography design against the lino cuts.ROBSCHWAGER:Love the metal plate idea. BBB: Hayride 866 is a nice moment in time. LOCKWASHER: Your work is so brilliant I can't it! Thanks for sharing but it really belongs in a contemporary art museum. NOTSTOCK: Thomas Kincaid was the "painter of light". you're the shooter of light (Sorry for the reference). What is that bitchin' blue car and where will it be seen next? I like!!!

BO

17. vintage tin

vintage tin

All the Friday art shows are great, but there are some really brilliant pieces of art this week. The artists here are pure GENIUS! Love it, keep it up!! Amazing.

18. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

i didnt on the pink one was my first time messing with these little saws and i really think i should of after i painted it , but the green one and one other one i did which i havent had a the chance to take a picture of i did lay primer down first.

19. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Great show this week.....been making slow progress on a set of Triumph Bobbers....so much damned detail, I'm about to go blind!

[​IMG]

20. SoManc Al

SoManc Al

No new drawings from me (still!) so here's a few shots taken last Summer...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. ewt2

ewt2

WOW Todd! They look great!!!

22. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Lookin good Todd...cant wait for the finished piece! How big is it?

Great Show boys n girls!

I'll have something to post later.

23. Love the bikes Todd!

Wish I had time to comment on every post! Great show all.

Bo, I love that image!

Not much time for finished work tho I do have a couple in the works... Gabe's beautiful work
    put's me at jeopardy of turning this into an OT "mucle car" laden show so, apologies in
    advance...

[​IMG]

Here's something for speed week and a bit more on topic...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. NateGreco

NateGreco

Awesome show so far guys! here's my contribution of the week... "Sour Apple Hot Rods" in Tampa... just a preliminary sketch for their new logo....with a little "Roth" flavor!

[​IMG]
    Corvette Bob- I love all of em.. especially Marilyn gettin pulled over!
    Bomonster- I really dig the action goin on there... really haulin ass!
    GaryC- favorite by far... I've got a soft spot for T's
    Lemorris- great Squareback!
    Dutch C- super clean! 59 el caminos are my favorite red headed step kids
    Lockwasher- masterpiece!
    Johnny J- great stuff! dig the colors
    Dan Greenburg- awesome shots as allways!
    Spoggie- great truck concepts!
    Ed - you're my favorite pencil pusher!
    Willy G- perfect in sepia, love your verison of the wine truck!
    Todd J- Hell Yeah! Goin nuts with the detail... it's really strong in black and white!

25. NateGreco

NateGreco

Jigger- I'm in love with that vette... you got that 70's custom down... those vettes always look better with a fat old blower and side pipes!

26. Awesome, Bernie! You figured right...about bike guys anyway! I'm building a custom beach cruiser that the FAS will see as soon as I go mad with the 00 Mack!

27. Great show today everyone!

Joel

28. Mr. Jones, these are spot-on gorgeous! (But I would expect nothing less!) Will you be my hero?

29. thishero

thishero

The talent in this room is insane, you guys and girls do some truly outstanding work, boy am I jealous.

30. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Great show guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.