Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '62 Ford Unibody LSR Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Tim, Good luck with everything and drive safe.

2. Just a couple more things before I leave.

First I changed the nozzles for the engine, I hope this meets with everyones approval. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a little fresh air from a high pressure region. ;)

[​IMG]

Good night and see you all on the salt.

3. Sooo glad you decided to try this...what kind of a filter are you running in there, if any?

4. No filter Todd. But I will only put this on right before each run and keep the little filter on the rest of the time.

5. Dont forget to pick up that extention and ratchet off the radiator! (coming from a guy who left his maglight there last week)

6. Looks great, as usual Tim. I hope you have cleaned out that heater plenum REAL GOOD before you take it up to 6000 plus,,,just sayin',,,,,:D

7. [​IMG]

Jake is at Charlie's now, next stop Bonneville.

8. Funny, I did forget and found them the next day. :p

Done and done! ;)

9. thirdstreettito

thirdstreettito

The new nozzle angle is much better, I think. I wish I were going to Speed Week, next year though. Next year...

10. coloradodave

coloradodave
    from Colorado

Well I just spent an hour getting up to speed on this build, WOW!! My first car in HS was a 58 F100 that used to be the truck my Dad pulled his late model stock car with, next was a 61 uni big window that my brother still owns, he also had a 60 F100, our family has always had old Ford trucks, now my Dad and I run two motorcycles at Speedweek and the old trucks are some of my favorites to watch and I will be on the lookout for this awesome truck. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Dave

11. Headin' out on the road today, first stop is for a late lunch with Bigredtodd then on to Placerville to spend the night with my sister-in-law. Tomorrow Bonneville.

[​IMG]

I'll be sleeping in the Alaskan in her driveway so don't get any ideas. :p

12. rebelrat

rebelrat

Good luck Mate ,be safe and give it HELL !!!!!
    Andy

13. Yes, good luck, hope all your hard work pays off, sure looks good!

14. Well, I'll be acting as the middle man for the pictures and (hopefully) status reports on how the truck runs. I got to sit down for some quick eats and some bench racing with Tim & Charlie before they headed on down the road to B'ville.

I hadn't seen the truck in persone since I finished the chassis/suspension mod's at the BIGREDTODD garage. It looked like this the last time I had my hands on it:
    [​IMG]

Needless to say, it was pretty exciting to pull into the lot and see it looking like this (sorry for the crappy cell phone picture):
    [​IMG]

Then on down the road they went...
    [​IMG]

Apparently not much to do crossing Nevada other than take self portraits...:p
    [​IMG]

15. Now we're talking...all present and accounted for!
    [​IMG]
    Nothing quite like a B'ville sunset...
    [​IMG]
    ...but this is really what we're waiting to see!! Final tech, then time to get down to business!
    [​IMG]
    More to come, as I get pics & updates...
    BRT

16. thirdstreettito

thirdstreettito

17. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

SWEET!! Any plans to get more video?

18. jmh

jmh

Best wishes and good luck.. Have fun!!! John

19. 69supercj

69supercj

Dammit, come hell or high water I'm gonna be at Bonneville next year.

20. Of course! Probably not until Tim get's back though

Me too!

21. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Salt looks a little damp and stickey. And me going up in my new, under 1000 mile GMC. Welcome to Wendover lock-tight.

22. badshifter

badshifter

23. Yeah, the truck is running & driving great. Especially considering it's not a "race" build, and the 120 MPH were clocked running through Tim's modified truck (and mufflers). Swapped heads, intake, & open headers for another run today if all goes as planned.

I'll let Tim give the full narrative when he gets back, but for now, how about an awesome picture?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  24. ...after the head swap & open headers, he ran a 127 MPH...

BRT

25. 69supercj

69supercj

Congrats guys, great work. Just curious, what speed were you guys shooting for?

26. rebelrat

rebelrat

27. I'll do my best to answer this, but I'm sure Tim will add to it. The goal for this outing was to get acquainted with the capabilities of the truck, not necessarily set any records.

Tim's focus is on the C/PP class, which is the next displacement bracket. He has a pretty wild 350" Y-block (not a typo) destined for the truck next.

I'm pretty excited to see 127 MPH out of this combo, knowing what is in this particular Y-block, and knowing the recent history of it.

BRT

28. I just got home from the salt. I am sincerely thankfull to tim for asking me to help crew on the truck! We had a blast, 127 got him his D license and that was the goal. I learned a ton, especially how muddy the bend can be from those clouds pictured (anyone have a good tent for sale? gotta replace mine).

29. And I would like to add that I got to meet the world famous Tman. Super nice guy. He took the time to explain where this truck was heading in the future and how the driver racing license worked.

30. It was MY honor to meet YOU!!!!!! :)

Tim made me PR guy so he could get work done instead of answering questions:D