Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Not your ordinary 1940 Dodge pickup build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MillerLite, Jul 3, 2011.

1. lowphat53

lowphat53
    from Virginia

I love everything about it! My favorite truck ever... Badass work man! That HEMI is SICK and you may not be able to around it but who cares? once it is up and running, I would love to see a video of you driving it from inside the cab... I wanna see what you see. Closest thing I'll ever get to anything that awesome.

2. erlomd

erlomd

Me too, can't wait to see that thing running...but were you able to see the video in the 1st page of the hemi running? That thing sounds great even on a camera phone!
    [QUOTE

running
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ARNWmDE5nrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  3. Tin Can

Tin Can

Wow, Very cool build.

4. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

very nice! Kinda reminds me of the purple people eater from the shifters.

Thanks,
    Skrach
    www.VividlyVintage.com

Attached Files:

5. cisco88

cisco88

Truck is RAD, can't wait to see it in person. Immaculate!

6. erlomd

erlomd

whats the deal man? any new pics? keep it up!

7. holy mother theresa's tits on a plate!

8. erlomd

erlomd

thats funny!!! but true:p:eek:

9. erlomd

erlomd

10. Tin Can

Tin Can

WOW. this thing is insane

11. What a beautiful dodge. The colors really make it pop.

12. erlomd

erlomd

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  13. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

I like it. Love the color and the look of the chop. Plus it's nice to see other makes being built. Killer ride.

14. erlomd

erlomd

Yeah, hes working on a 53 packard and a 73 vw bus....its a little of everything

15. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

16. MillerLite

MillerLite

Hey guy thank you again for all the support. Its been a journey to get this truck were it is and the end is short coming.

I should have her ready to go by end of next month and she'll hit the show scene late September. She is already registered for the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona Beach, looking for some other shows between now and them to take her in.

As soon as I have some more updates me or Erik (erlomd ) will post it...

17. erlomd

erlomd

heres some pics of the hemi god....hemi haines himself tuning it up for the awakening

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and heres one of the 53 packard next in line:

[​IMG]

18. You have a lot of talent and skill, no doubt a bout about it. You had of fun building the truck, and will have more fun showing it. But it it is not a traditional hot rod by any stretch of the imagination. No offense, have a good time with it, it's cool. But you will get some cold stares. I'm sure the big titties will overlook that.

19. erlomd

erlomd

i see it as a continuation of what should have been after the 60's in traditional hot rodding.
    not the billet world of street rods. has almost a look ed roth would have conjured up....its a 40 dodge with a blown 331 hemi. its all steal and there is no cutting corners around the whole thing....it might not be traditional in the sense that its been done before or was something that people would normally do. but its still a Hot Rod and it moves...with really big tits!...i like big titties too.:)

20. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

so sorry if im sounding like a dick, but it went from being a junk rat rod to a quality rat rod.... just a personal opinion, its your truck. but if i was to see that at a show id still think rat rod.

21. erlomd

erlomd

really? wow! where is this coming from? do you even have a clue what a rat rod is? mr. bondo? um i think...no you don't... obviously.
    This might have started out as some guys ratty project, built on beer cans and spot welds galore, but it took loads of work to restore it back to a proper truck. you might not like the design, and it may not be a ford but to compare this to a rat rod is just plain dumb. laughable at that!

22. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

its slammed so low that you cant even drive it, it has a 40s body which is way to big and un-proportionate, and it has a wierd mix of modern stuff that are seen. its def not a traditional hotrod, and its not a street rod, so yes im sticking with rat rod.

as stated the fabrication and work is nice, not knocking that.

23. Not really rat rod, but a high dollar cartoon car. No offfence. You are probably a nice guy, definitlely have skills, just not my taste. Surely not a traditonal hot rod, sorry, do some research. You did some great fabricaton work, no doubt. Just not period correct, which is important(unfortunatly not as many as there used to be) to some of us here.

24. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Somehow I think they told Sam Barris, Ed Roth and other not so famous "outside the box" builders the same thing. My eyes are open, job well done. Great job on YOUR car. Good on you for doing your build your way. I like it!! :)

25. erlomd

erlomd

cartoon car? too low to drive? un proportionate? high dollar? modern stuff huh....opinions are just that, and God bless you for both your negative opinions...there are always some, in this case I think the majority says different. you may hate, but many others will enjoy. especially the one behind the wheel. nuff said.
    and richard, no one said this is period correct, it even says so on the first post of this thread...as for being unfortunate that lots of people don't have period correct cars, yes it is. thats why there are other threads made specifically for that....this not being one of them.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  26. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

coming from a guy who has a link to 1940s period correct hotrods in his signature lol!!

27. erlomd

erlomd

thank you!, and nice 40 plymouth there! beautiful

28. No hate, that's a strong word. It's just not a traditional car. But this is a traditional, period correct site. If you get some opposition, you'll know why. I built a '41 Dodoge PU myself, but it really wasnt a traditional hot rod. I'm in a different direction now. Do what you do. Go where you are welcome. Don't take my word for it.

29. I called it "The Ugly Truck"
    [​IMG]

30. wow thats a rad ride.