Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Holy Cow!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Even Leno would pass on those....

2. Cymro

Cymro

I've just seen this car
    [​IMG]

In the flesh at Dayton Manor, the car really should be seen, at around waist high to a twelve year old it is really something! especially for a car built outside in a front garden (UK Gardens are pretty small) and no garage, congrats once again a very impressive build.

3. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

yep me 2, quite something when you look at what he started with !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

x2----looks like GOOD work too.

5. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I have to give the guy who built it credit. To go from a 1989 Citroen BX:
    [​IMG]

To this:
    [​IMG]

Well that's a huuuuge improvement. Granted,it would look better with a little bit of a longer roof line,chrome bumpers,and full doors. I also have to agree about ditching the spare wheel molded in continental kit.

It looks like a concept of a '57 Lincoln:
    [​IMG]

Mixed with a '59 Impala:
    [​IMG]

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I like it. From the rear view, it goes on forever. If the rear interior area was accessible, you could fit the entire Osmond Family in there. ..not that you'd want to.
    Some horizonal bar grill treatment would be nice to clean the front tend up so you wouldn't have drunk dentists following you around.
    It'd love to see it a color of some kind.
    Maybe a blue/silver...with some small stainless trim between the body and the top, the top could possibly be an different color than the main body.

Maybe a silver/blue with a silver top....

Fun to think about.
    You have to give the fella loads of credit. Few would tackle any project that wild and see it all the way through.

7. crash11049

crash11049

[​IMG]

If you go to a art museum and look at all the paintings, they come in all different styles. you might not like some of them but they are all art.
    The car is a work of art... just not to everyones taste.
    This could have rolled out of any of the big name shops in the 50's - 60's and been on the cover of the "little books"
    only thing wrong with it is the steering wheel is on the wrong side:rolleyes:

8. I'll say it again - "I LIKE THIS CAR!" Some serious talent going on there, no doubt!

9. Muttley

Muttley

Did someone mention the Osmond Family?

10. brad chevy

brad chevy

Got to admit whoever built the car has some talent and an evil mind for being different,hell we have people paying to go into museums to look at the Batmobile and that was one of the dorkiest looking cars ever made.

11. THE SHOP

THE SHOP

Is that thing for sale? I'll take it!

12. tecolote14

tecolote14

very wild car. only place i ever see cars like this is when i'm tripping on lsd or dmt. i don't care what anyone says about this car . only a master could grab something out of his wildest dreams and and recreate it for all of us too see .
    heres another wayout car i love [​IMG]

13. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

looks like some of the weird shit i would build.
    (i dont know if thats a compliment or not though lol)

i dig it.

14. hemi46

hemi46
    Member Emeritus

dare to be different

15. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Wow! I thought it was anouther wasted '59 chebby!!

16. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I like everything but would prefer the top to be a little more square to somewhat match the lines of the car. Tons of good metal work wherever it was done.

17. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Looks like one of those tornado storm chaser cars running around Kansas . Can you imagine seeing it coming at you in your rear view mirror. A ton of radical work, All I can say is it's Wild and crazy.

18. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I like the back half of the car more than the front. I think the Roof looks kind of out of proportion with the rest of the car ,but hay that sucker is cool. Bet they are having a blast with it everywhere it goes. UFO would be a great license plate for it.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

And once again proving what I have been telling people for decades,...

Money don't come with instructions !

And theres always somebody ready, willing & able to prove it.

20. Since he did all the work himself, it cost him time and material.
    What is your point ?

:confused:

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

"Time is money" or so I'm told,.... Looks like a ton of time and material (which also runs into money) was used up on this car,..... Not my cup of tea, But kind of cool in a land shark kind of way.

But the fact remains,... this probably cost quite a bit to accomplish,.. And I can't believe there is a huge market for it,.... I'm glad he loves it, and it will always have a home with him.

The comment I made was in fun,.. a little light hearted ribbing. That was my point,.... ( But you already knew that)

22. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Johny Cash try #2 at "Took it out one piece at a time" ???
    Cheers.........

23. Thinking this was a new thread I opened it. My 4 year old stopped me and said "that car is UGLY!"

24. rawkie

rawkie

this ride is pretty crazy, wonder what he can build with the availiblity of an american junk yard!!!!

25. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

SOMEONE LOVES IT, that's all that matters, anyone that dowrates it or trys to degrade it is a coward and guttless nothing.

26. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

He burnt a lot of wire, and gas on that. I'd add a tv antenna on the top. That is one wild machine. Needs to be candy red. Lippy

27. That thing is pretty cool! Remember that purple bubble-top car,with hidden wheels,a few years back? That one caused a stir too. I'm trying to imagine it in a Custom color,60's style. Anybody feel like photoshoping a bitchin color on it?
    HUGE thumbs up,Paul,for building something out of a car most of us would have thrown away. Do you plan on painting it,or is it done? Either way,it's one of a kind.

28. Are you taking about this car Bob?

Attached Files:

29. Someone also loves Rosie O Donnell, does not make it right OR acceptable!:rolleyes:

30. I like it. It makes me think of this truck though!

Attached Files: