Register now to get rid of these ads!

Avoid the hamb drag congestion

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by tlundberg, Mar 26, 2010.

1. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

There is an easy way to avoid the congestion on the hi-way outside of the drags. For those of you coming up from the motel on south Rangeline just go north on rangeline then turn west on hi-way 171, travel past the airport to the sonic located on the right , this is hi-way 43. Travel north on 43 until intersecting with hi-way M, (turn left),this will take you right to the dragstrip with no back up on the main hi-way. Hi-way M is a two-lane blacktop road in good condition. Hope this helps.

Lundy

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

Now there is a hell of a good idea.

Maybe we could get someone to direct traffic at the intersection of 43 and 171. Backing up on "M" is not a big deal, backing up on 171 is bad for the track.

I plan to get the HP and Sherriff involved this year to help with traffic. But using 43 to M could keep everyone off the dirt roads!

3. Home Brew

Home Brew

Thanks Lundy. I looked at the map and this would work great. I wasn't sure which way on M but I see now it would be to the left. This brings you out right across the highway from the track.This would cut down on the line because you would not have the local traffic included in the line. Again, a great idea.

4. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

You know us FNG's - always thinking.

I am a member of the local Rollin' Nostaglia Car Club with over 40 members currently. MO-KANMAN - We might be able to assist with crowd control at that intersection if needed - always willing to help.

Lundy

5. raven

raven

This type of info should be published on the HAMB drags web page.
    r

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So, this means we would have to wait for traffic to clear on the main highway to get across??

7. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

Yes, but if MO-KAN can get assistance from the sheriff or some HAMB'ers to help "direct" at that intersection it will make it a lot better. Plus we wouldn't tie up local traffic for miles. Feel free to post anywhere - I think it can only help everyone.

"This type of info should be published on the HAMB drags web page."
    r

Lundy

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  8. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

9. monsterflake

monsterflake

we would really need some traffic direction at the 171 @ 43 turn and 43 @ Baseline/Mo M....

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  10. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

Agreed. The 43 / M intersection is not very heavily traveled. Not much at all compared to the 171 / MO-KAN turnoff intersection.

Lundo

11. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

12. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

Sorry to bump this to the top once again but i really think that this information can only help everyone get into the track safely and efficiently without tying up a state high way for miles.

Lundo

13. Rand Man

Rand Man

MO State Hwy M, is also known as Base Line Blvd. It is the third paved road (hi-way), North of the N. Main St and Airport Drive junction (AKA Stones Corner) on Hwy 43.

If you miss Hwy M, you could continue North on Hwy 43, and turn west on Hwy H (Sumac Rd). When you meet Hwy 171, turn South. This would put you in on the North side of MO-KAN Dragway.

(Do not count the few city-streets near the airport as paved roads)

Attached Files:

• map.JPG
      map.JPG
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
    • map 2.JPG
      map 2.JPG
      File size:
      104.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  14. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Denise, Lux and I went this way last year. We left the hotel at about 9:30, since it takes about 30 mins. to get there without traffic. We thought we were lost for a little bit because we were the only car on the road. Pulled up to the stop sign and the second person in traffic let us in and we were at the gate pronto. We waited in traffic for less than three minutes.

15. senior fried

senior fried

Hey Buzzard that doesn't count ,everybody in line said here comes Denise, Buzzard and Lux, let them in and in you went !!!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You always make me smile :D

17. 32-cabriolet

32-cabriolet
    from Gilbert Az

thanks for the Info!!!

18. Damn, I remember driving up 171 and that intersection to stop to let fellow rodders cross in front of me before I turned left as some waited on 43.
    If one of us is on 171, it's just as easy as being chivalrous to who are around you. Maybe some of us need to take turns with passing MoKan and coming back south to "block" for a moment if we can. It is a road that has a lot of truck travel, and they are on the job when we see them. Be watchful for our truck drivers and respect them on the road as we expect the same.