Register now to get rid of these ads!

texoma flyer roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragrcr50, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Will try and stop by and say howdy!

2. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Tman I hope you do, I think we will have a really good chance of makin a few good passes if it goes through tech? and I expect it will......

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Wish I could be there! Looks like more fun than should be legal....which I hope you are!

4. 28rpu

28rpu

You might want to reread section 5.B.3 about the radiator.
    "The radiator shall fill the shell opening."
    It will only matter in impound and you may not get there with only 670hp. Good looking car btw and good job getting it done so quickly. See you on the salt. Nick

5. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks Ill read that? i thought it said must fill shell 28 29 shell, can change to 32 must run grille in it???

6. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Today we had it aligned and scaled. it is 3150 lbs with driver weight. any roadster guys out there got any weights for these??? thats after about 700 lbs of lead shot in frame ... 53% to the rear wheels, and only 40 lbs heavy on driver side. so i think it should go straight and get reasonable traction... cant change much at this point but up for ideas all the time... sam

Attached Files:

7. 28rpu

28rpu

The radiator must fill whatever shell you're using. You don't need to use the grille insert.
    3150 lbs is really light. Find a place to put more lead or bolt some thick metal plates underneath some where. Good luck.

8. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

what is a good weight for these ? we have the rails full of lead, and lead 120 lbs across the crossmember and 75 in floor inside car ..with the suspension etc, gettin kinda crowded under neath it...:cool:

9. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

added 96 lbs lead to it and stuck some lettering on it loaded it, and bruce headed to bonneville today . flyin out friday and let the games begin ..............

Attached Files:

10. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

we went we teched we made 6 runs 160 last pass, need more seat time for driver but was great, no problems, nothng broke was great.... may go in october again .sam

Attached Files:

11. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Sam, It was great seeing you again!

Exceptional work on the roadster- the pics don't do it justice!

Hmmm, I wonder if Bruce would want to trade some roadster seat time for some coupe time.......

12. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

man that might work haha..... he would not mind if ya want to drive it , I assure ya... was great for sure..... and thanks for the support and a few laughs............

13. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Sam, glad we could make you laugh- it had to be comical, with all us rookies thrashing away!

Pretty sure that roadster will go over 200+...I'd sure like to give it a shot!

14. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

i think that is a good possibility if ya want to next yr. it should go 210 in my opinion ... yea decals on roofs , ROOKIES RULE, and wind storms, rain in the desert , standing water at entrance, what a year ....
    for all you bench racers you aint lived till you are a rookie team at bonneville...

Attached Files:

15. Good to see that you got it together and got to make some passes!
    Thanks for the updates

16. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

skotz, thanks for the kudos.... we had an austin team member that was great ....those texans arent bad

17. WOW! Very nice. Congrats on the run. You are living my dream. Best of luck in October.

18. Leeroy

Leeroy
    from Boerne, TX

Sam built a beautiful little roadster- she went through tech inspection with ease and ran perfect the whole time we were there. Those guys in Oklahoma know how to build hot rods after all!

You couldn't ask to be with a better group of people, I feel fortunate to have been part of the team and can't wait to get back in October or Speedweek 2012!

Lee

Here's a few more pics:

Attached Files:

• tf1.jpg
      tf1.jpg
      File size:
      264.9 KB
      Views:
    • tf2.jpg
      tf2.jpg
      File size:
      222 KB
      Views:
    • tf3.jpg
      tf3.jpg
      File size:
      208.8 KB
      Views:
    • tf4.jpg
      tf4.jpg
      File size:
      155.4 KB
      Views:
    • tf5.jpg
      tf5.jpg
      File size:
      128.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  19. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

LEEROY BOY, glad ya made it home, had a hell of a time... good pics too.....was great to work / play with ya on this project.

20. bruce brady

bruce brady

Leeroy Thanks for all the help on the team -- Bring your drivin suit and helmet next year and get you license !! Will tweak the car and have it ready !! bruce

21. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

More pics from the salt....

Attached Files:

22. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

looks like great fun,good job.:D
    The little size steering wheel is only thing I don't like.:eek:

23. This ain't roadracing and with the arm restraints properly adjusted you cant use anything much bigger anyway. Really. :)

Tim has a similar sized wheel and can move his hands MAYBE 5" from the wheel. Even with that, Starter Ron Joliffe told him to modify the left restraint and make it even shorter.

Thanks for the extra pictures Buddy! That is one fine looking roadster.

24. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well fast forward to now july 2012 we are getting ready to leave the 7th with it for the salt. i have had it in the shop for a month or so , going over things, changing things, and just tweaking it here and there. moved some weight, added some weight, made some dzus fasteners work better and stiffend the mounts for the tonneau cover. big hicky when i ordered new wheels and new LSR tires. wowza , that'l leave a mark haha...new cam lock belts with pull up straps as recomended by aussie steve... great head tech man... helped us out a lot last year .. here are a few pics i took of it along this few weeks thrash. hope to see all of you there, and again will pit with the san diego roadster club hopefully by martys roadster the miller special come have a cold one with us say hi and lets have a hell of a time. sam

Attached Files: