Register now to get rid of these ads!

to gasser it or not

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boris, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boris

boris

I love the gasser style and I'm stuck on my pro street direction :confused: I like it both ways LOL, I'm battling the oil pan and exhaust install at the moment and it sure would be easy to just run the hung low crites headers and strait deep pan instead of having to cut them up for the kick out pan after buying $1,500 dollar tube A arms (upper and lowers) just to make this work for the low slung look ,and i mean LOW!:eek: 1.5' off the ground

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. MIKE MACMATH

MIKE MACMATH
    from tacoma, wa

kick ass wagon you got, if it was mine it would go gasser in a heartbeat,( not in the chevy sense, lol) i like pro street as well but nothin says kick ass like gasser! good luck with your decision, Kojak

3. robleticia

robleticia

4. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Ya know? I 've never been a real fan of the 59 but that one is jusr plain AWESOME!!!!!

5. cheveey57

cheveey57

I like her as she sits, but the gasser would work too.

6. It doesn't run on gasoline now?

7. customs by jason

customs by jason

id make it a gasser looks good now but cant beat a good gasser

8. Weasel

Weasel

Wow - everybody jumping on the gasser bandwagon with cars that were seldom built as gassers because they were too big and too heavy. Gassers were lightweight cars - 1933-'42 Willys, Austin A40s, Anglias, Henry J's, 1939-41 Studebakers, '37-'39 Chevy coupes and the occasional tri five Chevy with the odd slender fender Ford and occasional '40 Ford. Front wheels were skinny and rears seldom wider than 10". Oh yeah and spindle mount American 12 spokes were mainly for altereds - gassers had to run front brakes. This was the norm - NOT heavy full size cars and wagons.

Whatcha gonna run for wheels up front - 'period correct' bolt on ten spokes too, with your pro bleat donuts at the back and that Pro Stock hood scoop? Read up on gasser history - Don Montgomery's books will show you how it actually was - before jumping on the latest 'oh so wrong' bandwagon/fad and being a rugged individual, standing out from the crowd - just like all the others.:rolleyes:

There is nothing traditional about your wagon and it does not belong on the HAMB - maybe you should find another forum....

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

What he said^^^^. I get so tired of seeing phoney "gassers" that never ever ran on a dragstrip...and prolly never will. But hey, it's YOUR car...do what you want...!!!

R-

10. 52pig

52pig

Dammmmnnnnnn!!

11. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

"There is nothing traditional about your wagon and it does not belong on the HAMB - maybe you should find another forum...."

Wow - 7 ways to make friends and influence people, its a book you should check into it............LOL!!!

12. I Drag

I Drag

Sounds like it's kind of high off the ground.

13. i LOVE the wagon BUT I HATE THAT HOOD SCOOP i dont know if id gasser it since its allready tubbed but it would look killer with the nose stuck up in the air more and a nice pair of carbs or injector stacks protruding through the hood for all the world to fear and maybe drop the front bumper and hang a moon tank out front

14. Yep.

15. slammed

slammed

Put unpolished 5 spokes for wheels. Buff out the paint. Remove the late model 'pro stock hood scoop. Really, why did you leave the hood on it for the pix. The original, hardcore HAMB would have rode you hard all the way to 'frisco. No gasser here. Wagons did run numbers back when, and you could BLEND the two for a nice, uncontrived look. Opinion only. Nothing personal, its just business.

16. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

other than the hood scoop i like the car,,,, id say leave it alone and build another car in the gasser style,pro street is going to make a come back anyway,,,use the wagon as a tow rig... like stated the car as it sets is not hamb friendly..its clear your here to learn and get good advice,,, so now its up to you...good luck.....

17. I am trying to understand when everyone is going to figure out that this is not a traditional "Pro-Street" board, or a traditional muscle car board.

Now that I got that off my chest someone define gaser. Would that be gass class as in pre-64 NHRA rules or would that be a mud bogger with slicks?

18. I'll agree with you that there are a ton of people jumping on the bandwagon, and many getting it way wrong, but you are off on a couple of points oh Weaselly One. First there were plenty of Wagons that ran as gassers in the lower classes, like C & D gas. most were tri five Chevy's though. As for front brakes, better define a year of rules there, as my car was a National NHRA B/Gas record holder and Never had front brakes

Yeah but he speaks the truth :D

Sometimes reality is Harsh :D
    The truth us there is NOT a 64 rule except for the Classifieds BUT there is the whole thing about TRADITIONAL and sadly that wagon is not!

19. That is much more likely what a wagon would have been used for back then. Drag cars were built to go fast. Heavy=not fast.

20. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Not cool, not all gassers were light weight cars, I know people that made gassers in the 60s outta some pretty huge cars!!! :p

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  21. [QUOTE="T'RANTULA";6834501]Not cool, not all gassers were light weight cars, I know people that made gassers in the 60s outta some pretty huge cars!!!.....[/QUOTE]
    Isn't every drag car that ran gasoline a "gasser"?

22. nutajunka

nutajunka

23. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I like the way you think!!!! :D

24. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

Weasel speaks truth; not everyone seems to like it.

25. [QUOTE="T'RANTULA";6834501]Not cool, not all gassers were light weight cars, I know people that made gassers in the 60s outta some pretty huge cars!!! :p And its not really your choice as to what belongs on here or not.......[/QUOTE]

Actually we don't need a choice at all as to what belongs here. Ryan is pretty clear as to the guidlines here and one of them is traditional hot rods and customs. You show me a traditional pro street '59 ford and I'll accept it as belonging here.

Now that said there are a couple of things that I will say. I do appreciate a well built car be it a hyundia or a pro street ford. When I want to see one I will go to a board dedicated to one of those or to a Good Guys Show and scope one out.

The other is that yes there were some heavy gas class cars run. They ran in lower classes and were not considered fast even back then but it was an easy class to win in because everyone that was serious was building lighter cars as a rule.

26. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Theres truth to both sides, It is what it is.

27. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Cool looking car like it is.
    I would not go gasser style with it.
    Good luck,
    Cheers................

28. boris

boris

wow i like the opinions! I'm just sorry i did not post up to date motor combo as it now has no room for scoop in theme at all LOL:D
    and there is still lots to change

Attached Files:

29. But the Shoutgun style Scoop and Centerlines Still don't fit the concept of the HAMB. Oh Well ..........

30. boris

boris

well i cant please all and nor do i want to unless its got tits

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.