Register now to get rid of these ads!

59 Fairlane Custom??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jonnycola, Feb 21, 2004.

1. jonnycola

jonnycola

Anyone got any pics of any 59 Fairlane/Galaxy customs?

I found one for sale and I was wondering if there is alot of potential there.

Thanks, jonnycola.

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

My 59 Ford is so bizarre looking that I am at a loss on how to (tastefully) customize it

3. Greazer

Greazer

Pic of a Sectioned '59.

Dig the tail light treatment.

Attached Files:

4. Honestly, the only one I think I've seen I saw at Walmart, no joke. I wish I would have bought it... there is a littl section they have for prints, and there was a '59 that was pretty wildly customized. The headlights were sunk in, it had a tube grill and some crazy ass front bumper that I didn't have a clue where it came from... it looked nice though, because the '59 bumper seems a bit big for my taste. It was slammed to the ground with the usual addition of skirts and dummy spots. That's about the only one I've seen... I did a photochop of one, let me see if I can find it...

5. Is that "My Blue Heaven", Greazer? I've only seen pictures of the front of it.

Here is one I did a while back... the usual treatment, with the addition of a '59 Merc bumper..

Attached Files:

6. Greazer

Greazer

[ QUOTE ]
    Is that "My Blue Heaven"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know Kojack. Could be. (I see a couple subtle differences like the dummy spots and lakes pipes, but they could have been added or removed at any time).

7. old beet

old beet

Yes! Thats "MY BLUE HEAVEN" Built in Portland 1959. I helped tear out the stock upolstery at the body shop when it was brand new. That whole custom job, paint and upolstery cost $2500 in 1959. Its restored now and in Wash state..............OLDBEET

8. IT maybe 2500 to customize in 1959, but if you figure in inflation, just add a zero and you got 25,000

9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Built this model many years ago. Was going to be a replica of the 'My Blue Heaven', but things changed as I built it. Maybe some ideas in there for you JC. It is chopped and sectioned along with all the other body mods! Not the best images in the world, but enough to give you an idea [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. jonnycola

jonnycola

wow, that model is awesome. I buddy of mine's dad called me this morning cause he saw this one for sale on the side of the road. Price is pretty reasonable, but with that ass end, I wasnt sure if you could do a whole lot with it (without completely reconstructing it.)

Those tube grilles look awesome in there.

Anyone have anymore pictures?

11. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

thanks JC, easy to do in plastic, a lot of work in steel and glass. I have to admit I was pretty pleased with how it turned out when I build originally. I especially like the front and rear the way i did it!

12. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

check out our site under member JGH...

13. 59FORD

59FORD

Not a Galaxie but close enough. This is my 59 custom 300. It is a odd looking car. Thats one reason I own it, to be different than owning some trendy thing everbody has.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. toucan

toucan
    from sc

my work in progress!

Attached Files:

• 130.jpg
      130.jpg
      File size:
      540.2 KB
      Views:
  15. jonnycola

jonnycola

wow, a post from 7 years ago. Nice work.

16. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

Mine is just a driver so far, but I do have plans for her (don't we all?) once I get the $ and time. She's neww radiator to rearend and everything works but the clock and record player.

Attached Files:

17. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You should be flattered - your posts are timeless!

18. gohst58

gohst58
    from dallas

Ok,.. I'll bite
    [​IMG]

19. Cowgirls

Cowgirls
    from Georgia

"My Blue Heaven" now lives in Savannah Georgia

20. Cowgirls

Cowgirls
    from Georgia

The car now lives in Savannah Georgia and owned by the same owner from washington state.

21. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Perfect example of a beautiful moor-door !!! :D
    Love it.
    Cheers....

22. Ranch wagon...a bit billetty

Attached Files:

23. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Yep! Ron Sanders of Federal Way, WA bought that out of a barn about 1990 or 91 and restored it. I guess he has moved to Georgia but is on the HAMB as Oilring I believe.
    Mike

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012