Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My random photos of 2011 KKOA Lead Sled show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jul 31, 2011.

1. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

glad I could scare you like that---I did my job!

2. Abomb

Abomb

Wish I could have made it, however, it was in the low 60's at night, with afternoon highs in the 80's while me and the family were camping in the Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.......and I got to enjoy some great pizza and a beer with the slightly famous Tman.

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

as always, it is my distinct pleasure to hang out with the Gypsum Gang and its fleeless leader, Povertyflats. I left WI Thursday about 3:30 AM, arrived in Salina to find Gasser Louie, BobK and ol' PF at the host hotel. It was non-stop fun for me until I had to leave Saturday at 3:30AM.

I sure do enjoy the locals, PF and Sandy, the Scanlan brothers, Travis, Larry, Dick and always feel right at home. It is an honor to hang out with the Gypsum Gang.

it was a blast to ride in the Limo and an honor to ride in Lawrence's nice 39 Chevy truck and Dick's Graffitti coupe

I just wish they would have this show in September!

When I arrived home this evening, the odometer on the Caddy had clicked off 1940 miles since Thursday AM. But it was well worth the struggle to stay between the lines.

I enjoyed seeing all that stopped by PF Central to say hello. I wish we could have spent more time visiting and regret not having the opportunity to say hello to many that participated in the event.

But there is always next year...OR....you can come visit the great State of Wisconsin in September for our new KKOA show in Plover.

but wouldn't it be great if the two shows would switch dates?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I LOVE those burgers at Cozees, especially when they are heavily laden with onions. And yes, Carla's cookies are the best in the Country, perhaps the universe.

and SwapMeet (or is it Swapmeat?) Cindy sure does smell nice. Great to see Frank and Larry from Lincoln, too.

thanks again for your hospitality Paul.

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Thanks for the compliment Bob. I have been "flealess" ever since I got my first Hartz flea collar. ;)

5. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Paul, enjoyed visiting with you and everyone. Thanks again for the tips on my bike. We missed out on the evening activities this year. Really enjoy every aspect of this event and the park is really nice. Looking forward to next year. Hope to see you at the drags. Sam

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

we missed you buddy but you were better off up north this time

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I'll be there Sam with a vendor tent and a cooler full of cold drinks free for the asking.....:)

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

No pix of the Beater tearin up the strip.....28 seconds at a time?

9. sololobo

sololobo

Pov, wish I could have had more time with ya. It was great to see ya at the Paramount and a chance to give a brother a hug. Nice to see the pretty Missus also. We went and ate some great BBQ and it was lights out for us. All that high speed racing wore us out. Did ya notice Rusty the Ranch Wagon in the front page picture of the Salina Journal, secound in line in the picture. I sold autographed editions at ten bucks each, oh sorry that was a little fantasy I had. Salina is such a great town for an event, we were treated so well by all the locals and had a total blast. Great to see Louie, Bop-Wop, Travis, and all our other friends at this super show. Hey, you finally met our art director for the Turds, Dick was pleased to see ya in person. Good Times had by all.! ~sololobo~

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  10. Big Tony

Big Tony

Sure looked like a heck of a show...really dug Bob's vette and the old wagon on the 2nd page

11. That was a lot of fun! I enjoyed meeting you, Paul, as well as the others at your little hospitality tent (I'm awful at names!). Tried to meet as many as possible in the morning before the furnace kicked on with a vengenance. It's good to put names and faces together. Here's to next year!:D

12. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Paul, I had the good luck of getting my swap spot directly across from you on Friday, selling out the trunk of my red/white Chevy. You had a ton of visitors stop by the "Flats". Your limo totally takes me back to when I was a kid, and the Shriner's parades. They would run that wheelie car in circles til you'd think they would drill themselves right into the ground.

I'll add to the Swap Meet Cindy ride. You guys took off, pulled the front wheels up when gasserlouie leaned his "officer hat" head out past the fulcrum. Then the screaming/laughing started. And it did not stop. I don't know how far from your tent you went. but we could hear her from from wheels up all the way to touchdown. Funniest damn thing all weekend. We could help but start laughin' ourselves. We couldn't hear any amplified bands from the stage clear across the park, but we could hear Swap Meet Cindy.

Good meeting you. Bill H

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

that SwapMeet Cindy has a pretty good set of lungs

14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

that's what I think....:D

15. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

It was great meeting you, Paul! I had a blast in spite of the face melting heat! What a killer show! Thanks for letting me and Travis sit under your tent Saturday to get outta the sun for awhile.

16. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

THIS is my favorite Lead Sled thread! Thanks Paul and company for the pictures and the stories from the weekend. I can feel the heat through my monitor!

See you again next year in Salina!

17. Man, sure wish I would have been there this year. We were supposed to but had to change plans. Will be there next year for sure!!

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Megan, I am stil mad that you didnt come and ride in my car.....:(

19. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I didn't say that I NEVER would, I would actually LOVE to! It looks scary and unsafe, two of my favorite things! :D

20. Had a good time with you guys. I keep looking at events down South and will make a plan to head that way at some time!

21. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

As like the last 3 years in a row I had my car torn apart or something similar and couldn't make this show:( Looks like a great time though. Maybe next year! Thanks for all the pics!

22. Bill, you know I can be kind of windy at times (unlike you! ha ha ha) but I regret to tell you that the next time I see you I will have a tablet and a pen for you write down what you want to tell me as I somehow have become deaf since Saturday after the ride with Povertyflats in the Limo. The doctors are somewhat questionable as to how it happened, and alas there is no cure. They are simply refering to it as SALINA EAR for now, and will be posting it up in the doctors journals nationwide to see if there may be research money available to find a cure. Please pray for me, GL:(

23. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

I love post #48's picture. i wish i knew where it came from and who owns it

24. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

prayers sent

er, uhm, I mean,

PRAYERS SENT!!!

Poor guy, gotta yell at his good ear now.

25. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Cool pics...
    Thanks for posting.
    Cheers.......

26. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Well, finally home after a long hot weekend...I really don't know how you guys do it all summer...ugh...we left at 5 AM this morn and it was still 85 degrees...rolled into across the ColoRODo line at 9 AM and could actually feel the lack of humidity the minnit we crossed it...

Paul, it was great to see you again...too bad I didn't get a ride in your limo...oh well.

Thanx for posting the pix of my Caddy...I won an "Editor's Choice" with it during the awards...and then made a beeline for the A/C in the motel room.

Thanx again for your hospitality, hope to see you somewhere again this summer...

R-

27. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

You know I was also disappointed that you couldn't attend.

Add ME as another scary and unsafe thing...I just hope I become your favorite.

PF will attest that having ME in the backseat provides the greatest control over the wheelie-poppin' Limo. I am certain that he will DEMAND that I am in the backseat with you when you go for that ride.

28. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I personally invite you, Paul, and Bob to Back to the Bricks here in Flint. Same week as Wooward. Less parking lot, more cruising.....I can show ya how burnouts are done in the new 3TONFUN Caprice wagon....oh yeah, Megan can come too! You all have a place to stay when you're in Flint!

29. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Btw....I think "Eat More Pie" is a great name for a hot rod.....

30. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

NO WAY------:eek: