Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Royboy Productions coverage of the 2011 KKOA Leadsled Spectacular

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Jul 31, 2011.

1. wizzard23

wizzard23

X2 on that Pontiac!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. fuddpucker

fuddpucker

It was good seein all you whackers

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool to see ya guys doing better then ya were. Lot of guys would have stayed home
    but not you guys. I wish we could do it again, it sucks waiting on next year.

Happy Trails, Mick

4. Thanks for the pics.

5. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thank you everyone for all of the kind words and for checking out the shots. I have a ton more that I'm working through. The Friday night drags are the next ones to go up on the site, but before I do that I'll post some of the Friday show coverage here. I'll grab a bite and get on that, I hope to have another update posted by the end of lunch hour but no promises.

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Part 4!

When we last left our exciting adventure that was the 2011 KKOA Leadsled Spectacular it was the end of Thursday evening, check page 1 for coverage of the Bright Built Open House and Thursday night Santa Fe cruise. Our story picks up today at the show Friday morning.

Coolstuff crashed in my spare room and headed out early, I was up a bit later editing some of the Thursday photos so I didn't get around to the show until 8:30. By then Povertyflats, my Dad, Uncle and assorted family friends had to save me a spot because the place was already filling up.

Bob K brought his gorgeous 62 Vette down to the show, 12 hours each way!

[​IMG]

My Dad and my nephew Gannon are enjoying the cars rolling by one side of our spot.

[​IMG]

Povertflats' personal body guard, Gasserlouie putting some shine on his gasser
    [​IMG]

Here's Mongo51 giving his best "what the hell are you doing Travis?" face.
    [​IMG]

Don't forget about the Starliner show in Wichita on Sept. 10, with the Garage Krawl on Sept. 9th!
    [​IMG]

Krobe's beautiful coupe that I was honored to be able to shoot for a possible magazine article over the weekend.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Krobe & TwoTallOkie making the rounds at the swap meet.
    [​IMG]

Caddy-O cruising the show, love the way that bumper looks!
    [​IMG]

I wasn't able to get the skinny on this truck, I just ran out of time. I believe that it's Murphy's truck but I never met Murphy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matador!
    [​IMG]

Beauty is defined by this ride! A 4 door turned 2 door convertable, just a fantastic build owned by a very nice couple from Iowa.

[​IMG]

Love the upholstery in it too
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now, I have to head out but I will put up more later tonight when I get back to the house, thanks for checking them out, you can see the whole gallery by clicking on any of the photos!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  7. hvychvy

hvychvy

Thanks for the pics Travis,hate that I missed it!!

8. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Part 5!
    Continuing the Friday coverage of the 2011 KKOA Leadsled Spectacular

Jetter's fantastic Caddy!
    [​IMG]

Here's NoSurf's ride again, but I believe BlackTopBuddha is driving (I can't tell because the screen I'm linking from is just showing a thumbnail).

[​IMG]

Bad Ass Rides from Paola, KS built this kool truck.
    [​IMG]

Some hooligans making the rounds!
    [​IMG]

McGregor Boys were in town for a good time as always
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jeff Myers (finkd) was looking over the car that was about to be chopped by Masterson & Hines and crew. Yes 89 year old Bill Hines was out chopping a car in 107 degree temps, the man is just amazing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skull Orchard Express
    [​IMG]

Then I made a stop by the Merc Gathering
    [​IMG]

Art Harness of the Fundamentals brought out his newest ride
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for part 5, I had to run and do a shoot tonight so I didn't get the drag pics up yet but all of the show pics from Friday are up and available to view and purchase if you'd be so kind. Just click on any of the photos to go to the full gallery.

Part 6 coming in the morning!

Travis

9. billys54

billys54

10. I was indeed a happy boy on Friday cuz' I got to drive Jay's coupe as he had some important business to take care of and drove my OT auto.

11. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Nice job on the photos!

12. Nice job Travis! Thanks for all the time you spend taking pics so we all can enjoy them! I had a blast with the Gypsum gang again, never a dissapointment! Take care untill the next time.:D

13. jason65

jason65

14. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Awesome collection of photos and video Travis. Thanks a ton for letting me hang out with you Saturday and crash on your couch. I met a ton of cool people thanks to you! I had an awesome time and plan to be back next year! I really dug hanging with you for the photo shoot of Krobes coupe!

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Part 6! Still on Friday... Lots more to come!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B.ScottStudio's beautiful ride
    [​IMG]

Love this car, never met the owner yet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ron Myers laid out some art on the Zombie Speed Shop's shop truck
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here comes Butch M!
    [​IMG]

VLPR!
    [​IMG]

The top chop was underway Friday afternoon
    [​IMG]

And that's it for Friday at the show, up next is some select coverage of the drags, I need to upload it first though. So hopefully you enjoy the show coverage until then :)

See you at a show,

Travis

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thanks every one for the replies and the compliments. I really appreciate all of the kind words, it makes all of the 1000's of miles and all the time on the computer worth it!

Todd it was great hanging out with you, I mean who else gets to have an amazing artist crash on his couch?

<-----that guy! that's who!

Now you need to get Greaserama lined up, get on it!

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Travis, just found this thread. Thanx for the great pix, and compliments, about my Caddy...I am humbled.

It was good to meet you finally...and even tho we didn't get much time to chat, it was enjoyable.

You've put up some great pix...and the weekend was fun...most times I never even noticed I was sweating like a stuck pig...

R-

18. Butch M

Butch M

Great pic's as always it was nice visting with ya Travis...

19. gonmad

gonmad

Always like your pics Travis and it was good to see you even tho we didn't get to talk much.
    For some reason most of your pics won't show up on my JJ iPhone app? Sucks I can't see em all.

20. 46chevy

46chevy
    from reeds,mo

get any pics of the section job going on during show??

21. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Glad to finally meet you Roger! I meant to pick up a book from you!

Thanks for the water and the shade! Good to talk to you and it was fun watching your car run down the track!

That's odd, they're all the same link so theoretically if one works they all should, hmmmmmm I don't know whats up with that. If you can click any of the ones that show you can see the full gallery though. It was good to see you again, I want a ride in the Camaro some time!

I did, they are coming in the Saturday coverage, I didn't get over on Friday, just ran out of time jabbering with everyone. I didn't realize that I knew so many people!

22. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Part 7ish..... Drag Pics!

First let me start by saying there are a ton of Drag pics, I will try to only post some here but all are available for viewing, printing/downloading via the site, yes it does cost money to print or download but it also costs me $1000's a year to go take all of these photos, plus time to edit, a website, etc. etc. Plus it's only a couple of bucks for a download and prints start at only $5.

I started behind the starting line, great shot for burnouts and such but I wanted to get down on the big end so I could get them coming at me, and going by.

[​IMG]

You can see how quickly the cars get away from you from this vantage point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not sure why but this rail never made a full throttle pass, I don't think it ever even took a hard launch???
    [​IMG]

Love this Falcon Gasser out of the KC area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's GasserLouie running his car down the track, even though he'd already had a breakdown on the way to the show, no trailer, no tow vehicle, aw hell let's just run the car :)

[​IMG]

Butch M and his beautiful ride
    [​IMG]

The return lanes got a little full
    [​IMG]

Now here I should have been at the starting line for the burnouts....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for this update from the drag pics, plenty more to come this evening, time to head back to work now. Thanks to the guys who've bought a couple of shots of their cars, it means a lot to me and every one helps me get to the next show.

See you at a show,

Travis

23. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

great coverage! thanks for taking the time to post it all

24. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Excellent coverage !!!

25. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Can't understand why you waste your time on my shitbox!! :D

VLPR!!!

-COS

26. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Great Action shots from the drags, Travis! I love that red Ford gasser....that thing is SO badass!!!! Got plans in the works for Greaserama man!!!! WoooHooo!

27. Travis, once again thanks for the pics. I WILL be buying more pics again this year to help the cause.:)

28. aircoup

aircoup

that was awesome thanks ''

29. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Working on the Saturday show photos now, it takes a bit! Thanks and thanks for checking them out.

They'd be a lot of pics of nothing without kool vehicles like your ride, thanks for coming to Salina and making it even kooler!

Thanks for ordering the print Cos! See ya at Greaserama!

Kick ass! Thanks for the compliments, I was trying to mix it up between the stills and panning them to show the motion.

You're the best, no matter what Paul says... :)

I should have shot more videos, d'oh!

30. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Part 8!

I'm working on the Saturday show pics now but to hold you over until tomorrow here's some more of the drag shots.

BarnFindT waiting in the return line in the 40

[​IMG]

RobLee and the McGregor Boys musta been in a competition to see who could take the most trips down the track.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

World's Heaviest Drag Race? (yes I know I've used that line before for 2 big Caddies racing)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's another shot for ToddJ, it is pretty badass
    [​IMG]

GasserLouie again
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hellwagon!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The McGregor Boys on one of their many runs
    [​IMG]

1968FED hanging out the laundry
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for Part 8, remember to see all of the drag shots including cars that are not traditional rods and customs click any of the shots to go to the full gallery.

More to come as soon as I can!

Travis