Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hidden Valley Auto Parts (big junkyard, lots of vintage cars)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SaveOldCars, Jul 31, 2011.

1. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

2. Very well known here in the states. There was even a Television show last year. I dont know if it is going to run again this year or not. One of the cats who works there is here on the HAMB. On the TV show, they would take a car from the yard, resore it, {to a degree}, and action it off on the show, TR

3. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

I think you got this mixed up with Desert Valley Auto Parts and Desert Car Kings?

Ben

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, the video is Hidden Valley in Maricopa,AZ. About 40 miles south of down town Phoenix. They moved and reduced they're stock quite a bit about five years ago, but are still a pretty decent prts souce. The other one indeed is Desert Valley auto parts with the bad T.V. show and 3 or 4 locations in AZ. Another one in the Phoenix area is Boatman's on 51st ave.

5. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

Thanks for the information!

6. Fenders

Fenders

7. Thanks Chip, isnt that DVAP, up by the little airport on that same road as MMI?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  8. Thanks Ben, your half way around the world and doing better than me!:D

9. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

lol! Been in the junkyard-videos-business for years you know :D

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

D.V.A.P. main location is up in the North end of Phoenix by the Deer Valley airport. But they also have a couple of yards down in Maricopa by Hidden Valley and down in Casa Grande too... That one used to be called Wiessman's and it was cool too!

11. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

Would love to go there one day. I was born in the wrong place I guess.

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No biggie, I was born in the wrong time frame! If you ever do find yourself heading to Phoenix though, don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be happy to show you around a bit.

13. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

That'd be awesome buddy!

14. Boatwrights down on 51st ave and lower buckeye. He has a bunch of 4 door stuff and hard to get a hold of. His prices are comparable to dvap but he has it if you need it

15. And dont forget Reids up in whittman

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey now... I alway kinda thought Reids was my little secret! No one else seems to know about it. Has he ever stated his insurance policy to you if you hurt yourself working in the yard? Easy - "See those mountains over there? They're the Bradshaws... If you hurt yourself bad enough to require medical attention, I'll just finish ya and put you up there..." Talk about pressure to succeed!!!

17. I have only been out there once. He probally figured i got lost looking for desert valle. I need to go back out there to get mental note of inventory again. I am looking for a few things and i am shopping for the best price.

18. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Every time I fly through Phoenix I look out the window at the junk yards and tell myself that someday I am going to stop there for a few days and do a crawl. Most all the yards like that have disappeared here locally.

19. I like my yards here in the white mountains! theres 2 and collectively they are about the size of DVAP, prices are lower too, they are Ferris automotive, and springerville auto wreckers... just a couple more gems that most people outside of this area don't know about....

20. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

I thought all Hidden Valley had was salad dressing...... lol

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I was thinking about you a couple months ago when it seemed the entire eastern pert of the state was on fire. Hope all came out ok. I am going to be up in the white mountains this weekend, any chance you'll be around?

22. I might have to take a trip to ferris and springerville.

There is a guy in show low, named orville, off of the deuce of clubs. He has a collection of over 30 years old. It was his dads collection and his collection. He wont sell parts only full cars. He has probally 6 model a and t's just sitting on the snow covered ground. I asked him how much for one of them. He said none of those are for sale. He is giving everything to his son when he is done with it.

23. druids62

druids62

Mr need louvers and gassersteve; have you ever considered being wrecking yard guides? I visit the area on a fairly regular basis (not a golfer!) and always seem to end up at Desert Valley. Prices are too steep for my wallet and the attitude seems to stink lately but I like to stroll around their yard anyways. I love the good sheet metal that isn't available in this neck of the woods.

24. Are those guys in the DVAP TV show relatively new owners? Seems to me when I was in the area a number of years ago they were not the guys I was dealing with at DVAP.

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Please feel free to look me up next time your in town. I'd be happy to show you around.

26. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

Thanks for the information guys, I'll have to check out these other yards you were talking about!

27. Patprofessorpat

Patprofessorpat

Hidden valley auto parts is a nice yard, staffed by nice people. Desert valley auto is staffed by a bunch of nasty, unfriendly as...holes, and you will pay the price as if it was solid gold! Keep the good stuff not for sale, period. I will never go back, and most of all the people I know will not also!!!!

28. 58 wagon

58 wagon
    from tucson,az

Desert valley auto is staffed by a bunch of nasty, unfriendly as...holes, and you will pay the price as if it was solid gold! Keep the good stuff not for sale, period. I will never go back, and most of all the people I know will not also!!!!

X2 my buddies and I got the chance to buy and bid against the 650 classic cars at the quartzite auction a couple years ago and the dvap father/son (I don't know there names) were there and I thought cool the dvap guys are here WRONG! The son walked around like his shit didn't stink and the father could care less who you were and you were either in his way or bothering them. There were a lot of people and kids there and that was the vibe going on. After the auction we went to the local pizza/bar joint and had a few with the auctioneers/ beautiful ladies that were working the event and not a single one had anything nice to say about them. needless to say I will never give them a dime of my hard earned coin and neither will several other people that I've met down here in tucson maybe you Phoenix guys have it different being local to them?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have always thought of DVAP as my last resort, Gotta have it destination. I kinda get sorta special treatment kinda sometimes, but not really. The son hit me up at a swap earlier last year and asked if I could come up to the main yard and identify some Model "T" stuff for him, "Cause we don't know nothing about that stuff", But didn't want to pay me an hour of my time or even give me it in credit. I hate to be that way, and won't with friends, but damn, knowing this stuff is my business!

30. lincolnlog

lincolnlog
    from Arizona

Hidden valley has the same pricing... $25 for a dipstick... As far as I'm concerned they're about the same. Their prices are what keep the parts there for those who really need it, and They both have the rare stuff